User Tag List

Page 48 of 348 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 98 148 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we all [ BELONGED ] to Mercury one way or another, ask Willabee

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever happened to T2X ----Gene L.-----Whacko---- Jim ---- and all the rest of those argumentative ex race type infirms who used to make the weeks fly by with their caustic comments and biggoted [ MINUTAE ] viewpoints. C'mon , i got broad shoulders and a thick skin !!!!!!!!! Chuck SOMETHING at me for crying out loud.

Remember earlier this year i told you 'bout grandson Craig and how he would win the world P1 Offshore championship. Well, he did . Retained his title for the second year running, ramrodded of course by Son no. one Mark.
    Told 'em not to bother next year, unless somebody comes up with a package with a future. Think i may be a tad confident ??? No, just tell it the way it is.
    Just a Fountain 42 , a pair of bog standard Ilmor 625 V10's. Twin-Disc back end, with a pair of "Herings" shoving the whole package around at 110 m.p.h. tops.
    Got along just fine without any of the fictional 2,500 h.p. and 130 mph. crap---------
    They tell me it's something to do with --- quote---[ power to weight ratio formula. something like 3.5 kilos per horsepower] It works for them, so i'm happy.
    What y'all think . ????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie wilson View Post
    Whatever happened to T2X ----Gene L.-----Whacko---- Jim ---- and all the rest of those argumentative ex race type infirms who used to make the weeks fly by with their caustic comments and biggoted [ MINUTAE ] viewpoints. C'mon , i got broad shoulders and a thick skin !!!!!!!!! Chuck SOMETHING at me for crying out loud.

Remember earlier this year i told you 'bout grandson Craig and how he would win the world P1 Offshore championship. Well, he did . Retained his title for the second year running, ramrodded of course by Son no. one Mark.
    Told 'em not to bother next year, unless somebody comes up with a package with a future. Think i may be a tad confident ??? No, just tell it the way it is.
    Just a Fountain 42 , a pair of bog standard Ilmor 625 V10's. Twin-Disc back end, with a pair of "Herings" shoving the whole package around at 110 m.p.h. tops.
    Got along just fine without any of the fictional 2,500 h.p. and 130 mph. crap---------
    They tell me it's something to do with --- quote---[ power to weight ratio formula. something like 3.5 kilos per horsepower] It works for them, so i'm happy.
    What y'all think . ????
    Congratulations Gramps........ well done.

I would be even more excited about this if the "Tarboro Flash" wasn't lurking behind the scenes.

Seriously, a P1 championship is a tough, hard fought accomplishment and I applaud the effort and skill involved.

Lanham, Magoon, Linder, Imprescia and I collaborated on our own "championship" over labor day this year...and we won too! A long story for another thread.

T2x
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's right.....for a change!!!!!

we all [ BELONGED ] to Mercury one way or another, ask Willabee
    Yep, we either worked for them or ran their stuff or got beat by them if we didn't (which is another way of belonging)......they got more out of me than my wife did .

I'm happy to see there is much better news on S&F than what we have been reading on front page of the papers.....whew, what a mess. Congrats to the kids Jackie, same to T2x for getting the mean machine wet (pictures looked great) and to Sherlock and all of the others that worked so hard to successfully save Miami Marine Stadium.....that is just OUTSTANDING!

Hey Mr.T, didn't you run this boat in Berlin in 1970? Mark75H posted a larger version of this shot on the thread Boatmad - UK Image Library. Take a look at that shot, I think it's you. I know it's not Wilson.....it's running much too fast .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paris__1970__21[1].jpg  
    Last edited by willabee; 10-11-2008 at 09:48 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course it's not Wilson. That gentleman was leading by a country mile, from the likes of Posey, and Pruett. who were and i quote "CHARGING THROUGH THE FIELD" unquote. 'Twas just the timekeepers going off to lunch and missing the odd lap or two that screwed the real result. That was Paris 1970, the race we were never going to mention again as long as we both shall live etc. But Rip Van Willabee keeps opening the wound and rubbing in the salt. Yeah, think it may be Stickle in the 23. Must have an old Paris program tucked away somewhere that would tell us who it was. Berlin was just one week after Paris and the last European race of the season, usually the second week in october.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .....That was Paris 1970, the race we were never going to mention again as long as we both shall live etc. But Rip Van Willabee keeps opening the wound and rubbing in the salt. Yeah, think it may be Stickle in the 23. Must have an old Paris program tucked away somewhere that would tell us who it was. Berlin was just one week after Paris and the last European race of the season, usually the second week in october.
    I didn't intend to open that up again.....I just asked if Stickle ran the #23 at Berlin, not Paris. The photo is labeled "Paris 1970", but Hering/Downard ran it there. The big photo now looks to me more like Stickle than either of those two so I'm thinking Berlin. However, now that you mention Berlin was the last race of the season, I recall that Windemere ran a week or two later.....maybe it was there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Lanham's closet.....

Gene sent these shots of Gary Peacock having a little trouble at an event in Miami Marine Starium. He doesn't remember when this took place, but does remember that he was working, driving Engine #1. Apparently, when you are the Engine Driver, you get to stay in the truck, far from danger, and take pictures of others as they run towards the smoke, heat and gasoline!

I have to guess that this is 1973. I say that because the boat that Gary has is the one Renato was scheduled to run in February, 1972 at the Miami 225 that got blown out. When we went back in June, no one ran a single pipe C6. In 1974 Gary ran Lil Blue, a Twistercraft at the Miami race.....so that leaves 1973 for this boat and the fire.

Here are Gene's shots from Engine #1.....some smoke at the rear, lots of smoke, and the remains.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Peacock Fire 2.jpg   Miami Peacock Fire.jpg   Peacock Miami.jpg  
    Last edited by willabee; 10-22-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somebody knows Angelo Panzera, OI world champion in 1970 and 1976, also winner in Paris 1969, Maribor 1970 (the first and only race that won a Carniti ON outboard) ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somebody knows Angelo Panzera, OI world champion in 1970 and 1976, also winner in Paris 1969, Maribor 1970 (the first and only race that won a Carniti ON outboard) ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angelo Panzera.....

Quote Originally Posted by f.panzera View Post
    Sorry, I don't recall the name. Your best bet on S&F would be Jackie Wilson, but I understand that he is serving life guard duty on some nude beach on the French Riviera.....he will probably report in if he survives the experience.

I assume you mean that Angelo won the OI class in Paris in 1969 and then the OI European Championship in 1970. What did he run.....do you have any photos that you can post?
    Last edited by willabee; 10-22-2008 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, he won the OI class and was the first for "indice de performance" ( i don.t know the exactly translation), his coequiper was CALCATERRA, and they used a Molinari/Mercury. After, in 1970, he won in Luino (CH) the World Championship in OI class with a SICILGEREMIA tunnel boat powered Mercury, and the Maribor Grand Prix beating Dieter Schulze with the SICILGEREMIA boat powered by a CARNITI 2000cc engine, and, in 1976 won the second World Championship in OI class in Siracusa (Sicily) with a Scotticraft/Mercury.
    I have a lot of pics, but I'm looking to find photograph of Paris 1969, Luino and Maribor 1970.
    TKS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Lucky me

Quote Originally Posted by willabee View Post
    Gene sent these shots of Gary Peacock having a little trouble at an event in Miami Marine Starium. He doesn't remember when this took place, but does remember that he was working, driving Engine #1. Apparently, when you are the Engine Driver, you get to stay in the truck, far from danger, and take pictures of others as they run towards the smoke, heat and gasoline!

Here are Gene's shots from Engine #1.....some smoke at the rear, lots of smoke, and the remains.
    Driving Engine #1 was the best job on the department, probably the best job in all of South Florida-----

Gene

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As usual Willabee is right, Windermere was the last race on the calendar , [ before the tree hugging do gooders closed the water to everything except fish, and rag and stick merchants.]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More fuzzy pics.....

If you guys don't mind, I've got some more of the fuzzy shots from the 1970/1971 time frame. About six months ago (man time flies ) we looked at some and discussed Molinari's shop. Someone asked if he built hydos and the fuzzy shot below shows that indeed they did. They were stored on the top floor of the building.....far away from the paint booth .

I've got more shots to clean up before posting and several more to take.....hope you'll enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MOLINARI HYDROS - 1970.jpg  

Annapolis, MD ragboat capital of the world
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Are those outboards or inboards?

Page 48 of 348 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 98 148 ... LastLast