Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recommended inline fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator

What do you guys recommend for a regulator ( to maintain 39 psi) and inline filter for the same purpose
    Also I want to install a fuel pressure gauge , so what do you recommend to use ? ( electrical or mechanical ) <O

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Topkick ,
    Since you are requiring 39 lbs I'm assuming you using this on a 2.5 EFI high performance engine ? If so I suggest the gold colored Bosch regulator that came on that engine . Call Brucato @ 1 919 718 0249 for best prices. Also I like a WIX 33093 inline filter on the DISCHARGE side of your pump. Use a small non restrictive mesh screen on the suction side before the pump to filter out the big stuff.

The electric fuel gauges are safer , if you develope a leak its not in your lap or at some unknown place in the routing hiway of your linesunder the deck heading toward the gauge.....

my opinion only....
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx for the reply jay, my intentions is to replace the crappy fuel pumps on my 1998 250s which I got tired of replacing them every time when I am not using the boat for long time and they are really hard to find as used in here

My plans are the following

Remove the original setup (vapor separator, inside filter)

Install the new setup (fuel tank, filter, high pressure pump, filter, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, return line to tank

<O</OI know its wiser to go with the original pumps, but I am really sick of these pumps dying on me ( I lost 5 pumps in the last 3 years)
    <O
    For the gauge part is the electrical gauge reliable?

thanx again