Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ceramic coating

Has any one gotten there exhaust adaptor and tuner ceramic coated. I am sending some sled stuff to get done and was wondering if there is any benefit to getting this done .... other than the look of the adaptor.?.

Yammer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yammer,

Along with remounting and straightening the exhaust flow by milling the adapter and remounting the tuner at an 8 degree angle and slightly forward, we have been ceramic coating the tuner for the last 2 years. It (in combo with the tuner mod) gives us a wider powerband and not so much fall off after the peak. With the 2 litre at the rpm's your running it can't hurt you. Your pipe probably falls off a little past 9000, keeping the heat in it will extend the rev band up.

Randy
    Last edited by GPI Racing; 09-18-2005 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yammer

I have customers coat the exhaust tuner adapter /tuner as well as the rear divider plate that alone hasn't resulted in any reductions in ET's or gains in MPH but its pretty and along with being VERY durable it will insolate and reduce heat on the parts that are treated ! I use HPC and have been happy with the quicker turnaround, quality of work and lower prices compared to Jet Hot........

FYI.... Have all the welding done BEFORE you send things off to be treated cause when it gets back welding ain't gonna happen due to the coating material tendency to shed heat and won't allow the aluminum base metal to puddle .......( I've been there and done it , even tryed grinding off the area to be welded and it ain't gonna happen even with my 200 amp Tig Rig )

Thier number ( HPC ) is 1 405 789 2888 and I think thier closest facility to me in Texas is in OK.....

Good luck,
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know on sleds its a hottly debated issue. I have never seen any gains (other then cosmetic) with ceramic coating..on sleds. I have no idea on the tuner, but I do know sleds and there are alot more "fast" guys without it...
    '08 SRV
    Yamaha 3.1 Phase III