Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any "BLACK GUN" owners here?

I am looking at getting my very first BLACK GUN (AR-15). I have narrowed it down to either the Bushmaster M4/A3 type Carbine or the Rock River Arms. Any body have any info on either of the two? Pros or Cons? Pictures? (as in personal pictures. I have seen plenty of the guns on the websites) Being that I live within hurricane/flood area I figured that I would get me a nice decision maker. One of the two ought to help that sorry stealing N***** make the decision that he better leave or die. I work hard for a living and can not beging to think what it would be like to sit helplessly and watch some scum bag take it all.
    Last edited by msc5195; 09-06-2005 at 12:02 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

black guns

The Ar-15 is a very nice rifle. I have a Bushmaster Superlight with the tele stock. Ya cant go wrong with a Bushmaster. The resale is very good. I would be carefull of buying an off brand name. There are way to many company's popping up that make AR's. The off name will not hold its value. I am also a big fan of the AK's and SKS rifles. They are very cheap yet reliable. They weight a bit more. Ya can get an indistructable SKS for $ 100, or an AK for $ 300 and up.

If I was in the flood area, and defending my home, I would choise the AR-15, but when leaving the home and going out in the water, and dirt, and not come back. I would bring my old chinese SKS with stripper clips, and my Glock 17. I'm all for stuff that wont break, and will shoot well after being run over by a Mack truck or through a hurricane and being under water. Dont get me wrong, I love my AR-15, but its just too pretty to use in servival conditions.
    Sorry no picts.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY !!!!!!!
    Lance
    Last edited by inspectorlance; 09-06-2005 at 12:13 AM.
    2005 TRIAD STV EURO
    421 HP OMC 3.3 EFI by STOKER
    16" Taylor mid, Merc sporty

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still partial to my Winchester 12 ga Defender. Holds 9 rounds and I really can't miss with it.
    mendo
    MAD SCIENTIST

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it don't say COLT I don't want it!

I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma,coated in bubble gum,stuffed in a turducken. Δx Δp ≥ ℏ/2

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather have an AK anyday. At least if I ever need it in combat (when it all turns to sh*t after the oil companies destroy the economy) it won't jam and get me shot. My opinion base on combat experience.
    Bear 45/70

Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything....but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Bill of Rights gives me the power to NOT have to apologize for someone else's "gun phobia."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black AK

Ya know they come in black too !! Not quite as pretty as wood, but the black hardware looks good too.

You can buy allmost a dozen SKS rifles for the price of a AR-15 or high end AK. Also a cheap Romanian AK will shoot just as good as rare high end AK. As you can tell, I am partial to the SKS, and the AK.

Here is a link to get ya hooked.

http://www.ak-47.net/index.htm
    2005 TRIAD STV EURO
    421 HP OMC 3.3 EFI by STOKER
    16" Taylor mid, Merc sporty

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SportJ-US-1
    I'd rather have an AK anyday. At least if I ever need it in combat (when it all turns to sh*t after the oil companies destroy the economy) it won't jam and get me shot. My opinion base on combat experience.

those weapons have changed quite a bit since the 60's

I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma,coated in bubble gum,stuffed in a turducken. Δx Δp ≥ ℏ/2

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    There's a guy here that builds a lot of customs for law enforcement. His stuff is really hard to beat, blueprinted for flawless operation, and inline with off the shelf stuff price wise. If you're interested I'll get a phone number. He's got some custom parts that make em super neat lookin, and does a lot of lazer stuff on em too.
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have owned both ak's and ar's and currently own a Bushmaster ar...there are merits for both, if cost is your bag go with any of the aftermarket ar's, quality and accuracy will suffer, (if you can find and original russian ak you will pay as much if not more than for an AR)but you get what you pay for, the bushmaster is a very finely crafted piece of equipment....it has NEVER jamed on me, but then I havent been in combat lately... (or ever for that matter) but of the two I much prefer the AR.....
    Wile E. Coyote: (acceleratus vulgaris)

Its amazing how heavy a GPS can be.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

I got talked into an "off" brand....Olympic Arms....and so far,I love it .The main reason is, they offer it in a 45acp upper.When I grab my vest,the ammo fits the side arms,and the rifle.But I live in a dense pop., not to many long shots.

For reaching out..Rock River....they do nice work.

For value,I'm with Mr. Clean,my colts have done better than my
    stocks/bonds over the last 5 yrs.

If your into volume....a new milled barrel sks $185....1000 rds $105,a big piece of mind for not much $

With the apartments just over the ridge,it's better to be prepared

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got an AK and a older mini-14, haven't shot either one yet, but when I get up to Wissota there's many places to shoot. Can't find anyplace to shoot rifles down here. I think my Glock "22" has close to the stopping power of a 45, I hope I never have to find out.

335lb. Vector, 750lb. Ventura II
    Hydrostream Addict Hot Evinrude 200 crossflow

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an AK (post pan) and an AR bushmaster. Personally, I underestimated the ak. It is extremely accurate ( I bounced a 2 litre bottle all over a hill at 100 yards without the scope), never jams, and is indestructible. The bushmaster is really nice and is much lighter, but If I were going to buy one of them, I am not sure the value of 3-4 times the $$$ is there for something you may shoot once or twice... if ever. The Bushmaster is nicer by far, but if I had to pick just one, I would take the AK.

Also, as suggested above, the best home defense gun is a shotgun. Plenty of stopping power and forget having to aim.. plus the cocking action makes one helluva deterrent sound to get someone's attention. I actually use a 20gauge with a pistol grip (smaller and easer to move around), it is smaller than the 12, but will has plenty of stopping power and is just for internal home defense.

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't go wrong with either the Bushmaster or Rock River, both are quality firearms. The DEA uses Rock River.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a few of them. Here is mine and the matched one I built for my dad. Mine is on a Bushmaster lower, his is on a Grizzly lower. Both are running the Cav Arms A1 length stock (5/8" shorter than the standard A2).

The uppers were custom built to my specs - and there are a lot of people out there that can do this. Both of these have 16" bull barrels that were turned down to lighten them, and then fluted. A3 style flat top uppers with YHM spring flip up front sight, flip up 4-aperature rear sight used for backup, EO Tech 512.A65 (AA batts) for primary sighting. Phantom flash hiders and M3 tactical lights (removeable). They weigh in at 7#1oz with the light, and 3 oz's lighter without. Very light and maneuverable was my goal.

Here's a pic of the upper and collapsible stock for my SBR (short barrelled rifle) that I finally got ATF to approve last week. You can see how much shorter it is. Much more compact for a home defense weapon. 11.5" barrel with all the same goodies as above, but no backup iron sights (BUIS) and a Hiperform carbon fiber free float handguard.

There is a lot of info and parts over at http://www.ar15.com Spend some time over there if you really want to learn. Personally, I think a lot of those guys have too much crap on their guns - which makes them heavy. Light is might, and I want something as easy to wield as possible. Lots of good vendors out there that will build you whatever you want - you are NOT STUCK with off-the-shelf guns from any manufacturer.
    Keith-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All r good

If ya got the $$ HK, SIG, hard to beat too.
    12 ga! low brass, big balls, THE BEST for the home, 1 SHOT, 1 KILL! Remember the guns u want 5.56(223) & 7.62(308) will go thru walls & kill ur family or neighbors. 45 cal is good too.
    "Where is Lee Harvey Oswald, Now that we really need him?"

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast