User Tag List

Page 70 of 93 FirstFirst ... 20 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1382
    Annapolis, MD ragboat capital of the world
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi Bill, welcome to Screamandfly

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Musky Bill View Post
    Hi
    I worked at lake X in 66 & 67. I also worked at the Oskosh boat house.I found about this thread this week. WOW !!!! talk about old memories!
    Welcome to Scream & Fly Muskie Bill. Fill us in on your experiences at the "Lake". Everyone here enjoys hearing each others stories. We need details, ha ha.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    I worked at lake X in 66 & 67. I also worked at the Oskosh boat house.I found about this thread this week. WOW !!!! talk about old memories!
    Welcome.... Now we want stories, thank's.. JP
    Go boating,be happy!! And wear safety vest please!! And lesson good music...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c5oHITTI8c

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    Indeed Welcome - I was there during there during your time frame. If you do not want to tell us your real name, you can PM me.

Regards - Steve Sirois

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some health issues, but will be on line this weekend and will start the stories coming then. I will tell you that Mr. K hired me personally at the factory in FDL.

Regards,
    Bill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill - Looking forward with gusto to your stories. - Steve

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose I should first tell you how I got the job at Lake X. When I turned 18, I applied for a job at Mercury, after growing up across the road from the factory in FDL.
    A few weeks after I started, a buddy of mine started telling me stories about Lake X - he had just come back from Florida after being fired! ( somthing about a dead possum )
    I was intrigued- I had always liked the water. So I went to personnel and started bugging them about working there and they indicated I had about a snowball's chance, but they'd put the word out for me.
    After several visits to personnel, one day when I was working in receiving and I was on the dock waiting for some paperwork, I noticed an older gentleman was standing over in the corner watching things - after a bit he came up and asked me what I was doing. I explained what was going on and we made small talk - he left after a few minutes.
    The next thing I knew, my boss rushed up and asked me what he wanted. I said "who?" and he said "Mr. Kiekhaefer!" I said "oh, that's who that was!" The next day I was called in to personnel and they said Mr. Kiekhaefer was offering me a job at Lake X, but before I left, I was to report to the boat house in Oshkosh for additional training.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spot checked 500's for the rest of the fall. I learned alot there. some of which the boss would not like. I got real good at water fights!!!!!!!!!!! I really liked the freedom of having the entire Winnebago chain to run. It was hard work to run two outboards for 3 hrs each. That did not include unboxing,mounting,unmounting,and reboxing but truly loved it !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did any of you sneek girlfreinds into Lake X ? Two of us did. The girls we were dating kept begging us to see where we worked. Well,one night we were drunk enough to see what we could do about that ! We drove up to the gate and it was one of the guards we knew. He opened the gate and waved us though. The girs were hiding on the floor. We took them to our trailer but got nervous and decided to get out of there ! bigggg problem ! NEW GUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Girls

I don't remember exactly how we did it but I think we went back to the trailer to decide what to do Well my girl got on the floor under my feet in the back seat and the other girl put up her hood on her jacket and leaned against the passenger door up front We then drove back to gate. The guard came out to the front passenger door and asked were we were going so late ? We told him we were going to go have a couple more drinks. He then looked at the girl in the front seat. He could not see her face and said it looks like so and so (I can't remember who's name he said) has already had enough! went back to the guard house and opened up the gate!!!!!!!!!! We never tried that again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more thing tonight, does anyone remember who had the Chevy convertible, 64 or 65, maybe yellow and white (can't remember)? I'm having trouble remembering names anymore, so need to have people help me out. But that's who I was with that nite.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if I'm too boring for you guys. In spite of the fact I was only 18 I never was carded so I probably went to the same bars. Didn't one of those bars have a go go dancer or two ? Well, If I hear back from one of you I will talk about any questions you might have. Otherwise it was a great read !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Musky William, yeah ,i get pissed off when it seems like your talking to yourself and nobody says anything for a couple of weeks. You have to remember that ALL these guys here are VERY old farts and have a job to read let alone remember and then comment on it. Just do it. Probably never met you but i could have. Write till the ink runs dry.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Musky Bill welcome to s and f...
    I am not as old(still old tho) as most of the old farts here, but keep on writing please.
    Click pic to enlarge
    By
    wildwil at 2009-07-27

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely keep on writing!!! While we are not all quite as old as Jackie , most of us are close and our synapsis' occasionally fire less frequently than our flatulance . Watch the far right column numbers go up as you post. That will tell you that folks are at least reading what you post.

Best Regards From One Who Was Definately There - Steve Sirois

Page 70 of 93 FirstFirst ... 20 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 LastLast