User Tag List

Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We All Burned The Candles Both Ends And Then Set Fire To The Centre.
    Had My First Heart Attack 2 Days After The Dutch Gp. Just 44 Years Old.
    Wonder Just How Many Boat Racers Had Ticker Trouble In Their Early 40's.
    Curmudgeonly Indeed -------------have You Know My Mother Was Pure Bred Yorkshire And Father Was A 5'7'' Baker From The Same County

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Birthday Jackie!

Quote Originally Posted by willabee View Post
    Man, talk about becoming Curmudgeonly......77!!!! Most that know you from the Golden Years of Racing would not have given even the slimmest of chances for you to reach that ripe old age.....Happy Birthday Jackie and thanks for remembering the boys, made me feel good
    We have both made it to 77, and I am sure it had nothing to do with good clean living! Happy Birthday Jackie!!

Gene

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya Gene, What Does Good Clean Living Mean!!!!!!! We Just Chased The Wild Horse, And Seized The Day !!!!!!! We Both Reached Sunset Strip. And If Steve And Willa Get Their Act Together And Give Us All A Date For This Florida Keys Fun Day,i'll Book My Ticket And Come On Over And Regale You, Or Bore You All To Death With Fact And Fiction About Life Around Boat Racing In The 60's/70's. Don't You Just Love Ole Willa's Caustic Comments Column, I Can Remember Changing His Diapers, He Was Cranky Even
    In Those Days. You Coming To This Here Fun Day Gene. [ Still Got The Black And Yellow Merc Jacket You Gave Me In St Louis., But The Old Silver Merc Bomber Jacket Finally Fell To Pieces Last Year So It Had To Go]
    Wonder How Many Of Those Are Left Today, Or The Red Dress Jacket We Had To Wear At The Formal Dinners ???????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie wilson View Post
    Even Old Nick Don't Get It Right Every Time [ Just Kidding ]
    Feeling Frisky 'cos I'm 77 Today And Remembering All Those Great Mates That Never Made It This Far-------- Pruett, Sirois, Garbrecht, Cubes And All The Rest---will Never Forget Them --god Bless 'em All And All Those That Ride With Them
    Happy late Birthday Jackie.....
    I'm not that far behind you....

BobbyR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brother Roy and me were vying who was the oldest one night at Judys Gin Mill, between Mert, Garbrecht, Pruett, Willa, Kubes,Leo Malechevk ? Turned out i drew the short straw and Roy was pretty damn close. Thanks to one and all for all the birthday messages and sorry to Steve for screwing with your thread. Jackie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie - Belated happy Birthday. Screw away old chap. You couldn't possibly offend me with your additions to this, or any other thread. By the way, that word curmudgeon is one that my wife sometimes uses for me. I don't understand. I thought I was loveable. Perhaps we are both just loveable curmudgeons. Best Regards You Old Fart - Steve

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just joined this forum recently and am happy I did. I started reading this page today and am up to page 7. Saw a picture of my Dad ( Don Pruett). I am his second son Randy. My Mom is Joan Pruett went to school with you and Bill. I remeber Bill fondly. He was always nice to me as a kid. Not sure if I ever meet you Steve. I called my Mom today and told her about this thread so far. She say that you wrote a very nice letter when my father passed away. Thanks for that. Mom still has the letter to this day and says she will send me a copy. I cant wait to get back to reading more of this thread. I also have fond memories of lake X, however I am sure they are very differant from yours since I was just a kid all the times I have been there. I have not seen it since the 80's. Thanks again!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picture of Bill on page 26 is how I remember him. Also somewhere in this thread I read about our monkey Flint and himpeeing on folks. I remember Flint he was fun however my Mom hated him seems he liked to throw poo at her. Well I will have to go back to reading this tommorow since its now 0013 hours and I have to be at work tommorow. Thanks for this thread. Any idea where I might find more stories of Dad?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya Randy, Last time i saw you was 1973, you were living in Sarasota, dad was still getting over his accident but still flying a plane out of Bradenton,'cos he collected me from Loma Linda. There are more stories and legends about your dad than anyone who ever put their bum in a boat.
    Any one of the characters on this thread could tell you tales for the next ten years.
    Garbrecht once said " There has to be something i like about Pruett, but i'm damned if i know what is" Think it was Dave Biers who said------ YEAH !!!!!!!! JOAN.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think in 73 we were living in California, but I would have been 6 so I could be wrong. We moved to Sarasota in around 83, which was the first time I lived in Sarasota. Of course my parents lived their before me so you might remember my older brother Bill. Actualy he is a half brother from Dads first wife. Dad had a total of 6 kids from two wifes. Bill, Donna & Jan from his first wife. Craig, Randy (me) & Ben from his second wife Joan or Mom as I call her. Hope to here from you guys that knew Mom & Dad. I think I remember you or at least Mom and Dad talking about you. Damn its 4am I better get to bed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Topar
    Randy, you have a personal message. You might remember me, Joe Fielder. Don & I had P&F marine in '72. I was the one posting about Flint !!!

Fielder

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regards to all,, Happy Late Birthday to Jackie W. Whom I never met but always enjoy his writing wit and humor......Quick update on WPB OSS series race in October, Have talked with Steve and is progressing nicely, Will meet with the group from Miss Geico, when the boat show season gets past us and start separate thread to keep everyone informed,,, Anyone going to Miami Boat Show next week?????? Stop by Rampage Booth and say hi...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know if this is okay to put on this Lake X thread or not but since I have posted on here a few times and some of Dads friends seem to be here I thought I would show you the form of motorsports I play in. I am a Police Officer for a living (Not sure what Dad would think of that). However since I dont live anywhear near the water I had to find something to do. I rock crawl. I have built this truck from the ground up. The cab and front clip is an 81 Toyota other than that its all Randy built.

If anyone is intreasted in hearing about it I could start a new thread and tell you guys about rock crawlin.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLEGATOR View Post
    The Overhead Shots Look To Be From The Gold Coast Marathon. I Think That Is Roy In The Photo. Too Skinny For Odell. I Was In The Army From Dec 65 Until Nov 67, So I Think This Photo Was From The 66 Or 67 Race. As From The Earlier Post, This Boat Is Simular To The One I Drove In Early 68.

By The Way, Happy Birthday Jackie.
    I think you are right Ole....
    Not only too skinny but too light. Roy was fair completed and would burn easly, Odell, like me was dark completed.....Poor Roy would be burnt after a race day and I would be darker....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will never forget my first view of a Molinari running. I was standing at the entrance to the old Lake X boat slip (by the motel) with several others, to include Mr Kiekhaefer. Roy Ridgell was coming straight at us from across the lake. We could see all the way through the tunnel to the lower unit and the boat was flying perfectly stable. I think we all realized that this was one of those history changing moments. This was just prior to the Gold Coast Marathon. If I do a little research, I can figure out which year. After the race Roy told me that he would run up next to one of the several SK type boats, stabilize next to him, look over at the driver and wave, the look on the guy's face was pure astonishment, then he would accelerate and leave the guy shaking his head. Not too long after that I got to spend some time running an open cockpit, 2 seat (or was it a 4 seater) pedestrian Molinari. It had been sitting in the boat shed for some time, so I asked if I could re-paint it black with yellow accent (which I did) and run it (which I also did). I don't know what ever became of that boat. The last I know of, it was still sitting in the boat shed. I am fairly sure that it was a different boat than the one Roy ran in the GCM, but I could be wrong. Best Regards - Steve Sirois

Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast