Arrow 1984 Mercury V6 150 Black Max

1984 Mercury V6 150 Black Max

I just had the block inspected by the dealer and the cylinders needs to be bored to .020 over STD and replace the pistons. Other then that there are many new parts on this. I was rebuilding it but decided to get a new motor. Many hours and dollars have been put into this. All you need to do is bore the cylinders, replace the pistons and one water jacket cover (approx $60 or I can weld the old one for you). This blew up because the original oil drive gear failed and overheated which is why all cylinders need to be bored.

This motor was used in both fresh and salt water. The block and all major parts have been cleaned thorougly in a hot wash parts cleaner. I resurfaced the heads and exhaust divider plate but you may want to get it squared up when you have the cylinders bored to ensure flatness.

Here is what has been done:

Power Head
    1. Carbs just rebuilt
    2. New Stator
    3. New Trigger Assembly
    4. Two new switch boxes
    5. New coil wires
    6. New Rectifier
    7. New Oil drive gear, drive shaft and bushing.
    8. New needle bearings (approx 40 hrs on them)
    9. New center crank bearings (approx 40 hrs on them)
    10. Complete gasket set with upper and lower oil seals.
    11. New oil warning module
    12. New bleed valves
    13. New Crank Sealing Rings (approx 40 hrs on them)

No scoring or damage to the rods or the crank. Clam shell had decals removed, all it needs is a good paint job and you can trick it out anyway you want. Flywheel is in great shape along with the starter. There are many good tips on this board that you can do to get the max out of this motor, talk to Rick Racer, US1 and Steve Heintz.

I also have a set of 4 petel rubberized reed cages w/ reeds (slightly used) with brand new carbon fiber reeds never installed as well as the original 6 petel reeds and cages in excellent shape.

Mid Section
    1. New steering arm
    2. New lower yoke
    3. New upper motor mounts
    4. New Exhaust tuner
    5. New upper and lower rubber exhaust gaskets
    6. New Anodes
    7. New water seals on water pipe, (new ones in gasket set also.)
    8. New mounting bolts

Lower unit was recently serviced, runs smooth and shifts easily, in excellent shape. I will also include a Stingray Hydrofoil Stabilizer-Black with the torque equalizers that was mounted to the lower unit.

In addition to this the oil tank, lines, trim pump and service manual will be supplied. If you want to get an idea of the cost of all the parts above here is the engine seriel number 06493460 go to mercurypartsexpress.com. units power head is completely disassembled. There is close to $3000 in new parts alone on this. I will send everything I have or I am going to part it out. I am going to get as many pics as I can and put them up but for right now I am trying to get a feel for what I can get for this to help me pay for the new motor. There are other parts I have not listed here that were replaced also. This is a 25" shaft.

I can ship that would be extra, I live in Philadelphia, PA.
    Last edited by Bed Bug; 10-29-2004 at 08:48 AM.
    You only live once so live well.

B.O.A.T
    Break Out Another $Thousand

This is realy what I have been looking for. I have a 1994 75 h.p. motor on my Allison I need to sell to get one like you have. I would like to know if you would be interesyed in trading complete engine for engine. Mine is great shape never been in salt water and always been babied. Please get back to me or I will try my best to get mine sold.

85allison

I sent you an email, do you have any other questions?

B.O.A.T

Does Anybody have any suggestions?

Any suggestions on how I can get rid of this?

B.O.A.T

Bed Bug send me a private message because I am hardly ever at my e-mail computer thanks andy

85allison, you have mail

B.O.A.T

If you decide to rebuild it, I'll give you a great deal on the pistons.
    Wiseco makes a .020 over, if you want to go with a Pro piston they come .015 or .030 over. The pro pistons would be about $15.00 - $20.00 cheaper than the wiseco's.

WHAT WOULD BE THE PRICE

for 6 .015 over?

3 port and 3 starboard for a 2.0 L engine?

Secondly, what is the final bore size recomendations for these pistons?
    Last edited by Bed Bug; 11-02-2004 at 11:25 AM.

B.O.A.T