User Tag List

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: laser owners

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. I had a guy contact me saying he a laser bowrider for sale. 18' with a 175 on it. As soon as he sends me pics I'll post them up.
    ~Scotty~

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of a Laser group. I owned a 19 ft. Laser for 9 years. I only knew it as a Laser. I was out on the lake one day and the original owner saw the boat and motioned me into his dock. We talked about the boat for a while and he told me how he had a lot of fun with the boat. The boat was in rough shape with cracks in the transom and soft floors. I planned on rebuilding the boat and was on E-bay and I found a Laser LTV. I bought it May of 2014 and then my better half said the old one had to go. I discovered that it was a 380 Ray.

The opening of this thread is in regard to the sponsons filling with water, My port side fills with water. I had a few other issues with the boat that I tried to correct. With a 150 Hp Yamaha PRO-V 150 it sits so low in the water that I moved one of the 6 gallon fuel tanks to the front of the boat. When the boat sits empty small waves wash up over the transom.

The LTV has a Kevlar hull and is very light.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laser sdiLLaser side view.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	406.4 KB 
ID:	315876I have been thinking of selling the boat. If there is any interest let me know.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody ever get pics of the Laser bowrider??
    1990 Viper 140 crossflow
    2011 Sea Hunt 232 Ultra
    1995 Laser 380
    1984 Reaction 19 project.........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my first Laser as part of a trade and to be honest I was not that hot on the boat. After it sat for a year or two I threw a motor on it just to test an engine and the hull started to grow on me ever since. It does not have the top end of a V-king or an Allison but it is much better suited to rough water and high speed turns. I now have a second Laser this time an LTV I will let you know how it works out.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	349.8 KB 
ID:	317521

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The opening of this thread is in regard to the sponsons filling with water, My port side fills with water."

Did you ever find out where this water was coming from? I have a similar problem and the only explanation I can come up with is that water is flowing over the stern when coming off plane.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you have the Tunnel V boat. Which one do you actually have. I am pretty up on Lasers and there little quirks. Anyway what kinda power you got on it and also do you have a jackplate. There are several ways a Laser and other boats for that matter can get waterwhere they aint supposed to get. Coming off plane wrong or too quick is just one of them. Incorrect sealing around the jackplate is another. What I have found on a few of them I have turned wrenchs on is also the mati g surface where the cap meets the hull. Of course that is under the rub rail. When at rest in the water HOW does ur boat set. If you in fact have big enough engine and/or a jackplate with enough set back in it when at rest allowing the rubrail to set at or slightly below the rubrail it could be gettin in there. Post up some pics of the rear of boat and lets see ifn we can get you figured out
    Laser 1550 ...under construction with a serious weight loss
    Motor 2.4....undecided on hp yet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a laser group forming I think would be very helpful.
    three 13' Bullets collecter?
    13' Funcat sold
    12' HydroMate verga Fleet of mini boats
    Laser ltv
    21 checkmate. Vengeance racing
    21 shadow sold

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I looked at a 1985 380 Ray this am 19ft original owner.Boat is near mint. Has a 200 merc 1994 with aprox 100 hrs also looks mint. Boat never out of garage unless being used. Has not been started in 6 yrs. Guy is firm on 12.500 What do you think? Thanks for any input.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER View Post
    I assume you have the Tunnel V boat. Which one do you actually have. I am pretty up on Lasers and there little quirks. Anyway what kinda power you got on it and also do you have a jackplate. There are several ways a Laser and other boats for that matter can get waterwhere they aint supposed to get. Coming off plane wrong or too quick is just one of them. Incorrect sealing around the jackplate is another. What I have found on a few of them I have turned wrenchs on is also the mati g surface where the cap meets the hull. Of course that is under the rub rail. When at rest in the water HOW does ur boat set. If you in fact have big enough engine and/or a jackplate with enough set back in it when at rest allowing the rubrail to set at or slightly below the rubrail it could be gettin in there. Post up some pics of the rear of boat and lets see ifn we can get you figured out
    It is a LTV with a MOD VP 2.4 motor. Manual Bob's jackplate with 2.5" setback. I will get some pictures soon.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biglargeone View Post
    Hi, I looked at a 1985 380 Ray this am 19ft original owner.Boat is near mint. Has a 200 merc 1994 with aprox 100 hrs also looks mint. Boat never out of garage unless being used. Has not been started in 6 yrs. Guy is firm on 12.500 What do you think? Thanks for any input.
    Whew. I would say not so much what we think but what you want. I'll put it like this though. Ive seen boats go way more than what they should. You have to check this one out closely. No issues with floor transom or stringers and near perfect gel. Roughly your talking bout a $3-4k motor and the rest of wanted money rests solely on condition of boat. This is strictly My opinion. Yes they are a peice of history and a super fine boat capable of big numbers but to me a little on the high side. Post up some pics and some of the Laser guru's will chime in and add there thoughts

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FastLaser View Post
    It is a LTV with a MOD VP 2.4 motor. Manual Bob's jackplate with 2.5" setback. I will get some pictures soon.
    Patiently waiting. Smart move with the minimal setback imo. With that MOD VP 2.4 should turn in very respectable numbers. LOL no wheres da dayum pics. LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a couple of pictures, Not the best. Boat is presently in storage but I will get better pictures in a day or so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laser 1.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	319156Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laser 2.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	319157

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still looking for this boat is anyone knows where it at.

Quote Originally Posted by cwylie View Post
    Anyone know where this Laser is? I would love to find it.

I tried to post this in the WTB forum but it would not allow me. I looked for the rules but could not find any so I apologize if I am offending anyone by posting this here.

I remember spending about every weekend and many week days with my father on a Laser LTV he had and always loved that boat. My mother kept it for a few years after he was killed but ended up selling it in the mid 90's. I know the boat went to Houston Texas but that is about all I know. For the past few years I have been looking for that boat or one like it. I found one a few years ago in Louisiana with the exact same color scheme. I lost contact with the guy and dont know if the boat ever sold. I still have a few pictures on that one I found.

Does anyone know where this boat is by chance. Anyone seen any others in this color scheme?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 1985 17 ft laser ltv has 150 johnsons and running a 24 pitch chopper prop a merc wheel boat goes around 72 mph 6,000 rpm should I run cleaver prop does not need the lift of chopper super light hull ?
    three 13' Bullets collecter?
    13' Funcat sold
    12' HydroMate verga Fleet of mini boats
    Laser ltv
    21 checkmate. Vengeance racing
    21 shadow sold

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast