User Tag List

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: laser owners

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up laser owners

hey guys, just trying to find some laser boat owners or anyone that is familliar with this boat. i've only had mine for a few months and love it. it's been stored inside for ten years and used maybe 1-2 times a year. it has been family owned and i've been interested for years, finally got it. i'm trying to update and get it in top running shape. it's a 19 ft. bass rig in really great shape now with a 2.4- 200, with lots of goodies. so if anyone is familliar with or owns a laser let me know.
    bryan....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mvc-008s.jpg  

Rusrog Guest

Laser Boats of Texas

That is a good lookin rig Bryan. Laser is just a few miles from me here in Ft Worth Tx. They are a very good running, good handling boat. I have a good friend with, what is rumored to be, a full kevlar 380 bass boat like yours and there is another guy around here with a 380 ski boat with center steering and inline seating. Great boats and very good performers. Good Ole' T-Rex can tell you some more as he has a good running 380 ski boat also.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laser Pics

Well let's try this again now that I can actually attach something!!
    This is my '81 Laser with center steering and warmed over 2.4L.
    She was pretty beat up to start with, as you can see, but she startin' to come together. I'm still trying to get her set up right, so talk to me if you have one!!---Ducky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails before.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OOPS

I could not get the other pic in the post. Here it is. And yes, I do pull it with the Saturn!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails after.jpg  
    Last edited by DUCKY; 12-09-2001 at 12:55 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ducky...Does that saturn have tires?

or just wheels?

Here is a picture of my '84 Laser LTV:

Also a warmed over 2.4 litre. Spins a 26 Chopper or a 28 Cleaver, either one to about 6000. Fun boat.
    ~Jay
    '84 18ft Laser LTV/ Modified Merc 2.4 200 Carb
    Canyon Ferry, Hauser and Holter Lakes, Montana

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Laser owner

hey ducky, good lookin rig and thanks for the reply and pictures. here is another picture of my laser bass rig.
    cee ya ,Bryan Watt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mvc-006s.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Laser LTV

hey jay, good lookin LTV, care to share some of the mods and how it performs? looks like its movin pretty good in your pict.
    thanks, Bryan Watt
    knoxville, tn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mvc-003s.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Can't get enough of them Lasers

Getting ready to buy a Laser 380. I'm in Dallas so I can't decide on a running driving Laser 380 with a 200MERC, (see pic) or an old Laser that is sitting in Wylie Texas that was one of Roark Summerford's raceboats. The cap and hull are separated but I think it needs me to rescue it. I just might buy em both. See attached pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 00_00013.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LASERNUT
    I RACED A 19' LAZER V BOTOM FROM 83-87 SWEET HANDLING BOAT. THE SET UP : 225 MERC / PROP SHAFT EVEN WITH PAD / 28 CHOPER 6800 / 26 CLEVER 7200 DID HAVE TO USE TRAMSON WEDGES TO STOP PORPUSING THIS STOPED APPX. 65MPH+ WITCH IS A COMON PROVLEM WITH LASER HULS. I BOUGHT A 20' SKI V LAST YEAR SPENT THE HOLE SUMER TRYING TO DIAL IN BUT COULD NOT STOP PORPUSING AT ANY SPEED. I THINK THE 20' IS JUST TO HEAVY TO CLIMB ON PAD. MY TOY IS A 85 BASS RACE 20' SHADOW TUNNEL W/2.5 300 RACE CENTER RAM OS TURNING A 30P CLEVER 8000
    JP STANCIL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mvc-012s.jpg  
    J P STANCIL / TAR RIVER MARINE / FALKLAND,NC 27827
    252-341-5841 CELL
    252-757-4868 PAGER
    10A-10P EAST COST TIME

"LIVE TO SCREAM & FLY"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Porpusing Lasers

JP, I know what your talkin about on the porpusing thing....but this is the second Laser 380 I've owned and its not that bad. I can't see why that 20 footer won't come up on the pad.....lasers aren't that heavy to begin with. The one I just bought...(that white one in the picture) is a sweet sweet boat that has been babied. The previous owner freaked out when I drove it and showed him how to fly it. I love it especially for $4750 I got a great little boat. Took it out saterday during lake wind advisories and was sailing across the whitecaps while my buddy was hangin' on and messin in his pants. He was smilin the whole time though. I still have my eye on this crusty old laser 380 sitting in at a marine dealer in Wylie Tx. Its one of the very first race boats that R Summerford built for the Mod VP class back in 1981. Still has the race #s on the side and all. The cap and deck aren't attached and it could use a new deck (which Laser WILL still lay one up for the right price) I'll be inspecting it closer to see if I can save the old boat. The dealer of the place saw my boat and knew it from back in 1990. He's ready to drive it as he hasn't drove one in years. So where is your 20 footer and do you have pics????? Darren Kelley Dallas,TX

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Save that Laser!!

I don't know if you guys already saw the picture of my Dad's '95 model LTV we took on Sunday, so I'll go ahead and post it here too.

We both have Laser LTV's, mine is an '84, his is a '95.

Here is his=
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails feb24laser.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A picture of mine

This was taken four years ago, before I tore it apart to restore from the ground up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 84 laser ltv.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice LTVs

Brian, them some good lookin LTVs. Is the '95 an 18 foot boat? Looks longer than 18. I think we need a Laser boat owners website/registry so we can start tracking the Lasers out there. They have a cool history and the old Laser plant is close by where I live. I have met the owner, back in 1987, and could possibly get some production #s. I amazed at all the Lasers that went up north. Gotta go. Will post some pics of my boat as soon as I get them. DK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are both 17' 11" Tunnel vees

The deck is different on the two though.
    -The '95 has a bigger cockpit, and looks like it moves the driver and passenger closer to the bow, but I haven't made any measurements to say that for sure. I can tell you that my dash on the '84 is rounded and the '95 is triangular. It comes to a point in the center of the deck.

A website would be nice.

Everyone else has a home site for their make.

I thought about asking if we could join in with www.stvowners.com but, not all Laser's were designed/built by Roark Summerford.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laser website

I don't think the STV owners give much a crap about us Laser owners, even though the LTV was the fetus of the current STVs. I might have to get with Ron Huff, current owner of Laser, and I think he bought it from Summerford, either way, Ron built my 1st 1987 Laser and I know he is still out there in little Roanoke, Texas. I'll have to get the history from him and get some of my more computer literate buddies to teach me about makin websites. I think we will find that the production numbers of the non-bass boats is pretty small, but I'm interested in hearing from all thr Laser owners cause bottom line is that they are kick-ass boats. Have you seen the "history of STV" at STV.com ?? It starts out with the words "Laser boats of Texas..........." That says it all.....it all started with Laser!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast