Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is sweet! So you don't mess with wastegates, BOVs...how do you know what the boost is? Broken parts? I assume you are not running gas...and that keeps heat down.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw a 250 Verado at the Houston boat show this past weekend. That thing is HUGE! There was a 250XS and a 200 EFI sitting next to it and the Verado dwarfed them. I knew they were big but I was really suprised at how big.

It had a price of $16800 so I'm guessing it was available for re-power. Captain Kirk's marine North of Houston.

Stephen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obtaining a Verado

I just saw a 250 Verado being rigged on a 21 foot Lund fishing boat so yes they can be put on anything that has a big enough transom and that's the 2nd one they've rigged. And that's from the only dealer in Canada that can get them at this time. But it takes quite a while to get the stuff for them because the motor only comes with 4 bolts 8 washers and 4 nuts then you fill out a 2 page questionair (sp) asking for every dimention of your boat and it's purpose, then everything is custom made for the boat it's just 1 big wire harness and 2 hyd lines. It's very different to see the trim cylinders and steering brackets move with the motor. The first motor they put on went on a Stanley work boat pretty heavy tub and it had more punch than anything 2 or 4 stroke that they have ever put on anything including the 300 yammy. Blizz
    Blizz

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a guy on Bass Boat Central running a 250 Verado on his Bass Cat. He said it is 1 mph slower than a 250 XS but does accelerate better. I was wondering how the Verados held up at the Classic, looks like 2 different reports so far. I guess if we dont' see any durability ads about it from Mercury than we know they had some problems.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only reports I got from the classic were 3 boats had dead batteries which needed to be changed out. They had a couple of lap tops hooked to a few but I don't know if they were repairing them or just checking out some computer data for R&D. That's all I heard!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reports I heard were...

They did have a few they couldn't run (probably why I saw a 225 opti on one boat) and performance was lackluster (very slow out of the hole) and running around 71 WOT.
    Allison XB2002 Comp Pro / 2.6L Yamaha 200 VMAX TRP

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sarcasm

Yeah, there is no room for heresay, conjecture, and pure BULL**** when discussing the Verado. Unless it is favorable of course.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one's that had opti's on were media boats and service boats. The Verado's were running a Tempest prop with solid plugs in all the PVS ports, that's why they were doggy out of the hole. They were propped for top end and none of the anglers could hold them wide open before they started getting squirrly. Top end was 62-65 mph on an average. I heard they did that because they were afraid the anglers wouldn't be used to the hole shot Verado is capable of and didn't want anyone to get hurt.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by 1BadStream
    thats ok, i am just waiting for somebody to find something bad on them
    Other than the weight?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by optimax135
    The one's that had opti's on were media boats and service boats. The Verado's were running a Tempest prop with solid plugs in all the PVS ports, that's why they were doggy out of the hole. They were propped for top end and none of the anglers could hold them wide open before they started getting squirrly. Top end was 62-65 mph on an average. I heard they did that because they were afraid the anglers wouldn't be used to the hole shot Verado is capable of and didn't want anyone to get hurt.
    Now that's some world class SPIN!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the weight isn't bad?

And who's full of crap? My engine isn't that color.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeez 1badstream...take a PROZAC dude!

Your acting like I stold your lunch and crapped in your plate I said "heard", I should have said "read". Go look on Headturners3 and BFHP. I read posts of those that were there and rode in the Verado powered boats or was involved with rigging. Can I personally substantiate their claims.......no. Just like I can't anyone here either

http://www.wmi.org/bassfish/bassboar...ors/T75460.htm

Guess what??? I have an Allison XB2002 with a MERCURY on it....what do YOU have? I hope you get a really cool boat with a 275 Verado on it so you'll be nice and happy

Oh and by the way....BASSMASTER has a contract with Mercury and Triton....hmmm I can't imagine bagging on the bill payer
    Last edited by DarthVMAX; 08-04-2004 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until you ride in one I'd keep my comments to myself! Merc haters are typical losers who spend the week-end on shore working on their boats wishing they had a Merc so they could go boating. Get a life! I went to your web about Verado and all comments were positive except for the one's you idiots wrote here!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Good grief!

Losers!? Idiots!? I would rate your conversation skills as high (or low) as your hp on your username. You really need to stop and READ a post before you spout your big mouth off. Name calling really shows how bright you are. The posts by "rider" was the same thing I remarked, and except for a DEALER was the only one (in that thread) that had ridden in a V powered boat. We all know how truthful MOST (not all) dealers are about performance of a boat/motor they want to sell The ONLY dog I have in this is the incredible HYPE this thing got and it looks like it is NOT going to be the world beater it is touted as being (meaning 2 and 4 strokes).

I think the Verado will awesome on a salt-water fishin boat or a Walleye boat.

Dude....I have a Merc....and I don't HATE it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This must have been the hi-lite of your day Garth-Vmax. You know jack and voice opions on crap you know nothing about. Stop acting like a cry baby and go back to your water shack and wipe away those tears of frustration from your pitiful face. Your a freakin' Einstein and should be in this years election. With your knowledge you could fix our national problems with the snap of a finger .There's no doubt your the type of dealer you speak of. Gimme a freakin break! EinsteinVMax
    Last edited by optimax135; 08-04-2004 at 02:28 PM.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast