Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

laser injection on a 2.4

I have a 2.4 bridgeport on a laser ltv,i am thinking about putting a laser injection on ,,,,what will the pros and con be on this appaclation

thanks ,,,,,,Rob

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Gee, let me think...

With the Laser injection you'll have easier starting, better idling (probably), better lowend response, and maybe (probably) better fuel economy. About the only neg I can think of is if you only have a 16amp charge system it may not keep up a battery's charge well enough, if you tend to stop and start the motor alot. The current drain of two fuel pumps, the injectors and ecu, and trimming will drain a battery without some substained 5k rpm+ runs to recharge the battery.
    I'm in the process right now putting a Laser injection on my Laser 380. Be forewarned, when buying a "complete" system you will still probably have to buy some "odds and ends" parts to complete the system. You'll notice in some pics of the system for sale there is no throttle cam and linkage, head temp sender, stuff like that. I'm still trying to find the part number for the stud that the throttle cam pivots on!
    But I know it will be worth the effort in the end.

Laser380 wid/200 BLKMAX

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

laser inj

Hi Rick, this is Lloyd of Lloyds Marine Triad 493. I have done this many times. You only need 1 fuel pump, I have made spacers for the air box and spacer plates for the reed cages. I have put this on 2.4, 2.5's and a 2.5 drag motor. It works wonderful. Old car racers say you have to turn air twice Roark Sumerford at STV and Rusty Campbell tried it on a champ boat. It was faster to the first turn and ran 2 mile an hour faster on top end. Call me if you need help. Lloyds Marine Evansville, IN. 424-5785.

PS I have a set of spacer plates for sale.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Lloyo how are you,,,im going to put this on the laser,it sounds like it will be the way to go,,i will probly be giving u a call ,im shure i will run into some promblem but im thinking like jimbob it should be worth it in the long run,,,,thanks for the info,,,hope youguys have a good new year

talk to ya later,,,,,,Rob

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: laser inj

i have a 2.4 bp i'm putting together. originally a efi motor. i'm putting wh31's to get started. i think it is easier than efi. i bought from a guy that ran a lazer efi on it. said it was the hottest setup.
    i bought a used lazer of a 2.4 220hp. the guy said i would need spacers for the system. how much for the spacers? what do you have to do the ecu or do you think it would be ok? my b/p has had some mild porting and the exhaust open some. the guy before me spun it 8000 to 8500.
    thanks,
    roy
    93 xr 2001 drag with a 15" drag
    92 xb 2002 comp with a 15" drag
    R.I.P. Phil "rpm racing" Watch over the rest of us my friend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laser injection

Hey Rob, I will be bringing that injection system to you soon. I am just waiting for a break in the weather and I have been busy. I want to make sure the roads are clear to bring my boat. Also my truck was crashed by my brother last Fri. and I am waiting to here from insurance co. to see if it is totaled. I'll call you before I come down.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FRONT SPACER

LLOYD I was talking to promax-1 a while back about making a spacer for the front to give it a larger plenum to pull air from at a more equal rate fore each cylinder. What type of setup do you make and sell? how dose it work any dyno info? Whats the price?
    THANKS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob sounds good,,,it would be best if the snow had pasted at least i dont think your boat will fit in the building i have the viper
    hope the truck works out for ya ,,,if u need another one let me know i can get u a real good deal where i work,,,

Later rob