Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hubbell Wildcat???????????

I saw Ron Lietha of Tommahawk Wis. run his hubbell this summer at the aug meet and one thing puzzles me.
    It appears the intake port covers have reed valves in them. If this is so, does it have a much larger carb so the air that goes in the port covers does not lean out the air fuel too much.
    It was very fast and able to keep up with a stock mk20H but not a 20h with the cornpopper lower unit on it. It, cornpopper, ran away from everything but engines like itself and of courese the 55h's .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I have a KG7H alky motor that was modified with Hubbel parts, including the extra reeds on the transfer ports you're talking about and a megaphone exhaust that looks like a trumpet. Since this was a source of extra air only, a larger carb wouldn't be required, only larger jetting in the existing carb to compensate. I've never cranked this engine and I believe the original owner who I bought it from is gone now, so I have no idea how well the system worked.
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Hubbell Wildcat modified KG4H powerhead with the carburetor. Anyone have an idea what it's worth? I'm trying to locate the tower housing that was with it. I sold it years ago and can't remember the guys name. Thanks, Mike

Annapolis, MD ragboat capital of the world
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The whole thing would be worth $1,500 or so ... with about 2/3 on the tower & foot ... $500 if you are lucky for the powerhead alone ... its not a highly sought after piece