Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Hi!

My Promax 300 1999 model warranty expires in one week, and I plan to upgrade the engine with PerformancePlusMarine phase 4 or 5. The upgrade includes hotter heads, SVS Brucato intake, new reedcake, modified tuner and EFI/ECU. The phase 5 includes a lighten flywheel as well.

I would be very happy if you could help me with some questions:

@ Do any of you have any experience with this package? I have been told that it is top of its class.
    @ PerformancePlusMarine told me that the best rpm with this package is 6.600. Is it necessarry to disamble the oilmix system, and mix oil by manually? And, is it necessarry to invest in a lighter flywheel? Longevity is a must, however, the flywheel is not cheap.
    @ Have anyone of you tried NGK plugs on a Promax 300 instead of Champion? Should I change plugs when I have upgraded the engine with this package?
    @ I will have my engine balanced and blueprinted by the best folks in Scandinavia (VM Performance in Sweden) prior to the upgrade. They will install the package, and optimize the engine in a Superflow SF901 dynometer. What kind of gain do you have by balancing and blueprinting the engine?

Cheers and thanks, Toffen - Norway

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering, can you get the fuel if you bump the compression up? Is this a cost affective way to get more HP if the cost of fuel is too high? I think your paying for a 1/2 gallon what I pay for a gallon. Just a long term thought.

Unless your engine has a detuning exhaust tuner then a new tuner is a waste.
    Is the charging system you have now going to be replaced by a low amp system? Is this going to be problem?
    '90 STV
    '96 260
    under construction

for far too long

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    TOFFEN , I WOULD DEFINITELY UP GRADE TO THE LIGHT WEIGHT FLYWHEEL. THE NEW 300X MOTORS RUN AT 7000RPMS AND THE FLYWHELL IS ALOT LIGHTER THAN THE 300S . LET US KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT ....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation WM Performance

Stay away from WM Performance. The guy is a complete clown.

I had a very, very bad experience with him a few years back when I knew little about engines and was an easy prey. Some points:

1. He sat on the engine for more than a year. It was supposed to take a few weeks
    2. After 6 months I had to get an adapter plate so that he could run the engine in his dyno
    3. He overheated the engine on a test run because he did not fasten the water hose from the water pick-up to the engine properly
    4. He never finished running it on the dyno because the dyno broke down
    5. After having run the engine for less than 10 hours, my crank snapped off right below the flywheel at 2000 rpms. When I took the engine apart and checked the heads, I noticed that:
    a. One head was so tight that two pistons had been kissing it. I could read the letters from the pistons on the inside of the heads.
    b. The squish bands were flat, but my engine has domed pístons

I guess I should have sued the idiot, over the piss poor work, but I just never wanted him to touch my engine again.

Toffen, stay away from WM Performance!

Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot to say

Forgot to say that I had to pay for a new piston, gaskets etc, when he overheated the engine.
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toffen

I'm talking right now to Dewitt at boatworks. I haven't ahd any work done from him yet but he seems Ok. Of course before I do any dealings with anybody I will be sure to check out what other people have had done. The one good thing for me is that even thought it is a long drive I will definately go visit them in person before anywork is done. Keep in touch and I will let you know what I do. I don't build my motor I will sell it and get a 2.5.
    Eric Long
    '96 XR2001 S3000