Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Screaming Eagle Boats future plans

I decided to write this tonight. Karen and I receive lots of phone calls with loaded questions. For example,, why we are considering selling the Talons molds, questioning the future of the Edge project, are we no longer going to build smaller boats, why the move to Florida seemed to be cancelled and etc.

My dad has been sick on and off for awhile. Last year they diagnosed him with Parkinson's disease. With this disease, his mobility and memory can have some really bad days. So, we could not leave my mom to take care of dad. My older sister lives in Columbus, Ohio and my younger brother lives in California. We put my dad's house up for sale last year and the whole family is trying to find a Southern state that all of us can move to, be close to our parents and that works for all of us.

Karen and I met with Scott Porta, Joe and Jon Perog, Randy Corson, and a few others about moving to the Daytona, Port Orange, and New Smyrna Florida area about two years ago. Karen and I fell in love with this location, as we had been there before. We had already sold our house and was ready to make this move, but we had noticed my dad's health not being that good for a few years. We about lost him in 2016, an ambulance had to come get him, rush him to the hospital, he was put in ICU and the doctor said if we would have waited 24 more hours to get him to the hospital, we would have lost him. That is when we pulled the plug on moving.

So, to bring you up to today's thinking. The whole family is still waiting on dad's house to sell and are looking from South Carolina to Florida. My sister's job will let her relocate anywhere. My brother is a Material Manager at a Hospital, so his job is a little tougher. Karen, the kids and I, just give us a nice big fresh water lake nearby and we are good.

A lot of my thinking and juggling around molds and models has had a lot to do with the thoughts of moving this boat company. The cost of a shop in another state, the cost of moving all of this to that shop in another state, the cost of relocating my top employees. It is scary and my brain is on overload 24/7.

We have not carved anything in stone on what models we are going to carry or get rid of. My plate is full and I am trying to make the best decisions.

Thank you, Todd

2. Thanks mjw930 thanked for this post
    Likes davemvegas, Frank Molé, OrangeCrush liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best of luck with everything which ever way things work out,

Pic by Cutwater at the Romp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear of your fathers health. But the relocating of a company with skilled employees is hard to do but is doable. Also finding a place where all the family wants to relocate to is also doable but sometimes hard to agree on. I can see why you have a full plate and sometimes it seems a little full but just take it one day at a time and it will figure itself out over time. Good Luck and Best Wishes

5. Thanks Spectre Powerboats thanked for this post