Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BUZZIN' DOZEN View Post
    Might as well stayed in Long Island!
    If you talking about me....that’s the problem I’m presently on LI instead of FL....
    I heard the boys down there are also cold (60*) and wearing sweat shirts, hats and gloves.....

My buddy told me us northerners waste around 6 months of our life every year....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

3. Likes tux974, delawarerick, rock, eli liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep been 60 maybe even 58 it's rough sister in De is buried in snow. Forgot what that stuff looks like. Talking high 70's by Tuesday still gonna need a coat. It's tough but we will make it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 and dropping here. The zones in the house are struggling to keep up. Not good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cincinnati. Ohio. This ain,t ****. Agree with CrazyHorse. Woodstove heat! I got 8 cords of Ash split and the big Aurora is loving it. Windows open and the steam rooster is drinking water. LOL Not really cold yet here at -1. And to think I welded here for the waterworks in this weather for 30 years. Laying on the ground with your pants froze to your leg welding. YEAH! RETIREMENT ROCKS!

7. Likes W2F a V-King liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan sos express View Post
    I don't know how u guys do it , I'm barely surviving in 30's and 40's I would would never make it if I lived outside of Fl I'd have to call in sick for the winter
    The temps up there and down south are two different things because of the humidity. I'm not saying minus anything isn't frickin' freezing because it is and I'm glad I have never experienced it.

What I'm saying is when I was up on the north slope of Alaska it was 10deg. and about 20mph winds coming out the north the day I headed back home. It felt about like it does here in south La. when it's in the 30's. Still cold but not that chill you to the bone kind of cold it gets in very humid climates. Also SW La. and SE Texas are among the most humid parts of the country so temps get magnified from the high humidity.
    Last edited by CDave; 01-07-2018 at 02:33 AM.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDave View Post
    The temps up there and down south are two different things because of the humidity. I'm not saying minus anything isn't frickin' freezing because it is and I'm glad I have never experienced it.

What I'm saying is when I was up on the north slope of Alaska it was 10deg. and about 20mph winds coming out the north the day I headed back home. It felt about like it does here in south La. when it's in the 30's. Still cold but not that chill you to the bone kind of cold it gets in very humid climates. Also SW La. and SE Texas are among the most humid parts of the country so temps get magnified from the high humidity.
    True that!! Don't forget south Florida's humidity. The humidity and the little bit of cold they get makes the "feels like" temps plummet. Born and raised in Miami, and living in TN now I see the difference....And TN ain't no where as cold as the guys in the real northern states.
    45 in Miami "feels like" 25 where I am at.

Yea, it's cold for another couple of month's....No worries. The other 9 month's out of the year in S Florida is a sweat box. Then the humidity there again makes the heat "feel like" much more heat than it really is.

Not knocking Florida. I loved the boating and fishing there. No place in the USA has more to offer for any kind of boating, almost year round...
    James H. W2F a V-King... Want 2 Fly a V-King

Dedicated Site for Hydrostreams >> http://hydrostreamforums.com/
    My Project 1979 V-King restore >> http://hydrostreamforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2761

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W2F a V-King View Post
    True that!! Don't forget south Florida's humidity. The humidity and the little bit of cold they get makes the "feels like" temps plummet. Born and raised in Miami, and living in TN now I see the difference....
    No doubt about being humid in Fl. The South is just a humid climate. From what I've seen online there are places all over the country that get really humid.
    http://www.city-data.com/top2/c485.html
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

11. Likes W2F a V-King liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDave View Post

That's what I've heard, I had a guy that worked for me from Massachusetts and that's what he told me "it's a diff kinda cold" we took the kids a couple yrs ago to see snow in ga and I could only stand about 30 min of the white stuff that's enough for me
    2003 mirage ski racer with e-tec power

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep 1980 in the service in ft. polk,la all I can say is steam bath , but fla in summer is just as bad too.Here we just but on more clothes but you guys can only take off so much or get arrested haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2