Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    Agreed basically thievery but if your gonna buy something in person, educate yourself and know what your looking at. Tab not bent over, carrier sloppy would have been a red flag, buyer beware. You wouldnt expect someone to sell something like that at Jasper. I was there and if only someone saw it first maybe you could have been warned. They were suppose to have a swap meet which never occurred. Do you have any idea who you bought it from. We go almost every year and sit by ramp, if anyone looks at parts in the future and want a quick diagnosis come find us down buy the ramp in the white conversion van. We will try to give you an opinion
    Seller is not a S&F member, and some of the blame is certainly on me. I know better than to not change the gear lube before winter. No excuse. Should have done it. Won't happen again. Would have at least saved the case, although the drive shaft and gears were toast. I know enough to be dangerous, but not enough to fully diagnose a case that looks good from far, but is far from good. Part of my problem is I bought the mid and cowl, and it was all bolted together. I should have unbolted it there on the spot, but I didn't. I trusted the "fellow boater" not to screw another fellow boater over and got burned. I texted him back and he took the low road. It was worth a shot to see if he would voluntarily refund some $$$ since this case was not usable, but I wasn't holding my breath. Anyway, not trying to throw any stones at this point. No use crying over it now. My original post was a reminder to others to winterize, and second, I was simply venting on how hard it is to buy used parts these days for a guy like me who doesn't have the knowledge to tear a case or powerhead down. Now, I am just shelling out $$$, but at least I will know it is done right now and avoid it coming apart at 100mph. Lastly, and I repeat again, this board as well as FB are great for guys like me. Without these grass roots pages, I wouldn't be able to do this. I highly recommend Capt. Insane-O. Doing a great job at a very reasonable price. I am going to send a second case to him at the end of the month. Back up components that are built right are priceless these days.

2. Likes JrCRXHF, rock, Tom Foley liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You are being a man about it. kudo's to you. Putting blame on one's self isn't easy for some.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

4. Likes JrCRXHF, texasvector, Tom Foley liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HavasuDreamin' View Post
    Seller is not a S&F member, and some of the blame is certainly on me. I know better than to not change the gear lube before winter. No excuse. Should have done it. Won't happen again. Would have at least saved the case, although the drive shaft and gears were toast. I know enough to be dangerous, but not enough to fully diagnose a case that looks good from far, but is far from good. Part of my problem is I bought the mid and cowl, and it was all bolted together. I should have unbolted it there on the spot, but I didn't. I trusted the "fellow boater" not to screw another fellow boater over and got burned. I texted him back and he took the low road. It was worth a shot to see if he would voluntarily refund some $$$ since this case was not usable, but I wasn't holding my breath. Anyway, not trying to throw any stones at this point. No use crying over it now. My original post was a reminder to others to winterize, and second, I was simply venting on how hard it is to buy used parts these days for a guy like me who doesn't have the knowledge to tear a case or powerhead down. Now, I am just shelling out $$$, but at least I will know it is done right now and avoid it coming apart at 100mph. Lastly, and I repeat again, this board as well as FB are great for guys like me. Without these grass roots pages, I wouldn't be able to do this. I highly recommend Capt. Insane-O. Doing a great job at a very reasonable price. I am going to send a second case to him at the end of the month. Back up components that are built right are priceless these days.
    At least post his name and city/state so the rest of us know who to watch out for. Last thing I want to do is buy something over the internet from a guy who has scammed/peddled crap parts to someone I know before.
    Keith-

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5