User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    9,664
    Thanks (Given)
    118
    Thanks (Received)
    126
    Likes (Given)
    407
    Likes (Received)
    1048
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Lake X going ons?

    Name:  e975afa6-ec41-4c83-be0a-8c3fe942408c.png
Views: 659
Size:  502.1 KB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Shreveport, La.
    Posts
    2,710
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    34
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prolly some kind of fishing deal. All I see is trucks and open trailers. No race stuff, DAMMIT!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    shreveport,la
    Posts
    5,334
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    41
    Likes (Given)
    72
    Likes (Received)
    388
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that a couple weeks ago. Looks like a fishing tournament
    Erik Kiser

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    St. Cloud, FL
    Posts
    3,916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They do a handful of fishing tournaments out of there.
    1995 Allison Grand Sport
    1998 Mercury Stock 2.5-260 SS

    1990 Velocity 30' - 502's

    Go Daddy Go! Racing

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    2,328
    Thanks (Given)
    13
    Thanks (Received)
    24
    Likes (Given)
    65
    Likes (Received)
    145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time I was out there (a couple years ago) the security guard told me they do some fishing tournaments and some police training, but it all has to be done through the local sheriffs department. The guard did say it was still owned by Mercury though. Just looking through the gate at those big round windows in the main building was super cool.
    '95 STV "The Blue Goose"

    Top Speed 136mph (curtesy of Hurricane Irma 9/10/17)



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    shreveport,la
    Posts
    5,334
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    41
    Likes (Given)
    72
    Likes (Received)
    388
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mach351 View Post
    Last time I was out there (a couple years ago) the security guard told me they do some fishing tournaments and some police training, but it all has to be done through the local sheriffs department. The guard did say it was still owned by Mercury though. Just looking through the gate at those big round windows in the main building was super cool.
    I was always under the impression that Mercury never owned it but rather had a long term lease on it
    Erik Kiser

  7. Likes RBT liked this post
  8. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    2,328
    Thanks (Given)
    13
    Thanks (Received)
    24
    Likes (Given)
    65
    Likes (Received)
    145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patchesII View Post
    I was always under the impression that Mercury never owned it but rather had a long term lease on it
    Just what the gate guard told me
    '95 STV "The Blue Goose"

    Top Speed 136mph (curtesy of Hurricane Irma 9/10/17)



  9. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Big Pine Key, Fl
    Posts
    283
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No fishing tournaments, no police training,all Brunswick,all mercury????????

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,643
    Thanks (Given)
    77
    Thanks (Received)
    102
    Likes (Given)
    837
    Likes (Received)
    582
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking pics for Fujimo

  11. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
  12. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    440
    Thanks (Given)
    21
    Thanks (Received)
    48
    Likes (Given)
    101
    Likes (Received)
    195
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was originally owned my Mercury but was sold before they closed up shop. Itís owned by a foundation that will keep it natural and not develop it. http://www.kirchmanfoundation.org/ki...oundation.html
    Mark

  13. Likes Michael J Giesler liked this post
  14. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Palm City Fla
    Posts
    2,618
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    126
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    Name:  e975afa6-ec41-4c83-be0a-8c3fe942408c.png
Views: 659
Size:  502.1 KB
    I would go to ... err ... look for a Cracker Barrel close by . I'll bet the waitresses know more about the place than ...............

  15. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    St. Cloud, FL
    Posts
    3,916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Kirchman Foundation owns it, and has for several years. Mercury leased it from.

    The Sheriff's Dept does a bunch of stuff out there, including a kids summer camp. The local schools do field trips there, but mostly for wildlife and such rather than a Mercury history lesson. Lol...

    I was out there about a month or so ago for a photo shoot with Mercury on upcoming products coming out later this year. Mercury rented some space on site and they were there over a week or so.
    1995 Allison Grand Sport
    1998 Mercury Stock 2.5-260 SS

    1990 Velocity 30' - 502's

    Go Daddy Go! Racing

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,588
    Thanks (Given)
    10
    Thanks (Received)
    23
    Likes (Given)
    102
    Likes (Received)
    108
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziemer View Post
    The Kirchman Foundation owns it, and has for several years. Mercury leased it from.

    The Sheriff's Dept does a bunch of stuff out there, including a kids summer camp. The local schools do field trips there, but mostly for wildlife and such rather than a Mercury history lesson. Lol...

    I was out there about a month or so ago for a photo shoot with Mercury on upcoming products coming out later this year. Mercury rented some space on site and they were there over a week or so.
    Let's hear about these "products"

  17. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    St. Cloud, FL
    Posts
    3,916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bad ass new tooner. Haha.

  18. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    9,664
    Thanks (Given)
    118
    Thanks (Received)
    126
    Likes (Given)
    407
    Likes (Received)
    1048
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Miami Boat Show

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CCWBRA.com Race on lake Apthorp in Lake Placid Fl. on Tuesday March 1st
    By gsmarine239 in forum Upcoming Events, Races, and Gatherings
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2016, 10:15 PM
  2. Race weekend in lake placid on lake apthorp nov 9-10 2013
    By gsmarine239 in forum Upcoming Events, Races, and Gatherings
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2013, 05:48 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 09:10 PM
  4. Shake the Lake Party/Lake Kegonsa July 10th.
    By scott reierson in forum General Boating Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 06:31 PM
  5. SHAKE THE LAKE PARTY/LAKE KEGONSA,WI/July 10th
    By scott reierson in forum Upcoming Events, Races, and Gatherings
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 06:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Chris Carson's Marine