Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Anyone Available for a Pro-Am setup for either P400 or P500 Class of OPA/SBI in 2019?

Anyone down for Running OPA OR SBI's 2019 Circuit as a driver or throttles in Production Class?

Summary:
    Me:
    I'm a Florida local living in Port St Lucie and my info is here www.DavidWSaitta.com

Financing:
    Currently putting together a sponsorship plan now for financing help - if you have experience in this great if not ok also - i work with someone from the drag racing world for 20yrs also helping me plan this. I've been in outside sales selling marketing and adverting so presenting this should be no issues.

Boat:
    its an open cockpit Magnum owned by Don Aronow himself.
    Once boat is inspected my offer goes in and surely it will need some structural work that i can do or sub-out in my back yard.
    Current setup is side-by-side bolsters with steering and throttles on starboard side - can switch this up if needed.
    Motors are Pro Max 300's and no, i dont see the money coming in for newer Merc XS motors as the X cat's run but again, looking at production 4 and 5 classes like Nicks Creative Marine and others they are running much older and cheaper motors as well....

............more on me.....
    I have plenty of boating experience, owned many, am pretty good with wrenching on them, have followed the sport for many years but I'd be the "Am" in the pro -am title as listed above when it comes to racing.
    I'm doing as much reading as i can, digging into certifications, classes, insurance, scuba, tech rules and regs, event distances and time of year and more to get all this lined up hopefully for a 2019 run at this if i can make the $ and time factor work.

I do have a few contacts in the racing world from people that know this sport very well i'm just not ready to approach them yet.

Their experience lies in driving/throttles, after-market manufacturing of auto and marine products, IO/Outboard rigging and fiberglass modifications...and more.. So there is help around the corner for me i just need to get some things together so these guys know they are not just wasting their time...

Already own a hauler:
    I am about done redoing a C-Class 26' RV/Toy Hauler that's got a Ford v10 with a 450 chassis with lift gate and 13k towing capacity.

She's an RV with "business up front" having a over head cab sleeping arrangements and "party in the back" with 6.5' ceiling and 8' wide setup for hauling 3 heavy cycles. Great for storing 2nd set of outboard race motors, tools and or bed number 2...or more.

Other items i already have like engine hoist, most all elec tools (not air) impact drivers, travel-friendly home made single-engine stand and some other boat stuff already acquired from prior projects... and have great local connects on marine parts for most any motors and decent labor rates from guys with 20+ years in the business (that i can trust) as well.

My main vehicle is only a 4.0 v6 Nissan Pathfinder so this wouldn't pull newer boat any distance.

Thanks for the read...contact me thru here or above
    Thx.
    Dave
    Last edited by Boca Vice; 12-21-2017 at 08:50 AM.