Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Optimax compressor failed. What about injectors?

Well our 2000 200 Opti on the bass boat **** the bed this weekend. The occasional hiccup at idle turned into surging and sputtering which turned into stalling and not wanting to start. Got it home and figured the tracker valve crapped out. Wasn’t that lucky. Found what looked like antisieze on the air side of the valve so I tore into the compressor. Found the source of metal shavings. Crank bearing took a ****. And looks like it had been that way along time. Surprisingly the thing ran perfect at any speed above idle and never heard any strange noises. Anyways I’ve got it all stripped and getting a new compressor. Question is what about the injectors? I know I need to clean out the rails and air lines but what about the air injectors? Fuel Injectors should be fine right? Trying to figure out what my next move should be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A53E316D-AA72-4A05-A6A6-DE56A0F96634.jpg   CA7675EC-4596-4C47-B005-A6B315D80418.jpg   85CED8EB-FFCC-4ABC-AE69-C4FB3D3C6049.jpg   93558DA3-06A0-4B07-B16F-04F856545E0C.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would send all 12 injectors to Brucato for cleaning and testing!
    Checkmate 2002 Convincor 270 496 MAG-HO

2003 Cougar 22MTR w/300xs SOLD
    90 21Skater w/300xs - sold
    98 STV Euroski w/280 - sold

2006 Trailblazer SS 6.0l 395hp

3. Likes Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroski View Post
    I would send all 12 injectors to Brucato for cleaning and testing!
    I’m definitely have the air injectors gone through but I figured the fuel
    injectors would be fine since there untouched by the air system. Will Brucato clean the rain is and hoses also? And the p/o had the rails and injectors all services by euro marine 2 years ago

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pro Marine cleans them also. I have never heard any negative on Pro Marine service. But the big name place i see a lot of one or two bad out every set sent in for cleaning. I have no first hand knowledge of that myself. But i am reading forums day and night. Just going on what i have seen posted.

6. Likes Bunger liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The air injectors are the heart of what makes an opti work properly. It's not uncommon to have to at least replace one after a compressor failure when they are sent in to be cleaned . if you have access to a diagnostic tool the injectors can be fired individually and it's pretty easy to tell who's not going to make it by the sound.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was not happy with pro marine . They butchered a set of 2.5 liter injectors I sent them . I don't think they have the experience to handle this task . For example they removed the injectors with pliers , and admitted not having the correct tool for the job . Maybe they are doing better work now ? I'll buy parts from them but that's it . Hf...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Few more questions. 1 where is the cheapest place to buy a new compressor lol. 2 what is the part number for the updated compressor I keep reading about with 2 crank bearings instead of 1, and 3 will this new updated compressor even work on my older 2000 optimax as I read something about 2 extra oil return lines and a 5th mounting bolt?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ebay. New style merc compressor is about 635.00

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp just got a call from rc engineering one of the air Injectors is no good �� any foreseeable problem with trying to find a used one and having it serviced? Wasn’t going to service the fuel
    injectors but now I might after the tech told me how dirty the air injectors were. And I’m also not having any luck finding that 635$ compressors on eBay ��

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really need to have all injectors serviced, fuel and air. Also make sure the rails and all the lines are cleaned out. European Marine did mine about 200 hours ago. They did a good job and made it easy because they ask you to send the rails, hoses, and injectors all together, still assembled. They clean it all, reassemble and return it. I think I had two bad injectors at the time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by life is good View Post
    You really need to have all injectors serviced, fuel and air. Also make sure the rails and all the lines are cleaned out. European Marine did mine about 200 hours ago. They did a good job and made it easy because they ask you to send the rails, hoses, and injectors all together, still assembled. They clean it all, reassemble and return it. I think I had two bad injectors at the time.

Yea I’m having all of them done now.found a used air injector on eBay I bought and I’m goin to have that serviced to replace the bad one. I cleaned the rails and hoses myself. I’ve got access to a solvent tank full of diesel. It’s all squeaky clean now. All the diaphragms for the tracker and regulators looked good too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    which air injector did you get. there is a black one, a black one with a white dot and a blue one. Make sure you check the pintal opening before you run it and if the o rings and carbon dam have not been changed do that too. JMO

Attachment 393491

Infound one one with the same part number as my 5 good ones. Black with a blue dot. And it will be cleaned serviced and calibrated by the same place doing my other 11 injectors.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    like everything. compressors went a little higher in price.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opti air.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	393495

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    well cleaned and serviced, dont let them kid you about calibrating them. If the pintal doesnt open between .008-.012 its bad and cant be repaired.

It it seems to be a very reputable business and I made sure they knew about optimax motors and direct injection stuff before I dropped them off. I’ll double check the calibration sheets. Just didn’t want to deal with shipping back n forth to Brucato. Already missing one tournament. trying to keep downtime to a minimum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember right, the newer style compressor with the top and bottom crank bearings will be painted black. The old style compressor with one bearing will be the bare aluminum.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast