Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I/O to Outboard/Outboard Setup

Hey guys. I have a 265 Seebold Silver Eagle I’m working on. 25'6" from bow to transom and weighing 4,1000lbs with a 454+Bravo Setup. Just moved to FL and thinking of parting out the I/o stuff and making a outboard bracket/swim platform. I am a race car fabricator so thats the easy part for me. Any tips or advice on setup? I am currently looking at a single 250 or 300 Merc Optimax or Yamaha HDPI with a 20" or 25" shat. Will also have a jack plate on there for fine tuning but looking at a initial setback about 6"-10" from where current bravo prop sits. Should shed about 1,000-1,200lbs by ditching the big block and drive which in theory will put me around 3,500lbs including the new outboard and bracket. I originally was thinking 2 motors is necessary however theres is the cost of everything so I don't see how Starting off with 1 motor but building bracket for twins would be a bad thing. Not too sure how well it’s going to move on a single so I want to keep my options open and opinions welcome. Reasons I’m doing this is swap are 1. I love this hull, size and how rare it is. 2. It’s loud and obnoxious. 3. Wife hates loud and obnoxious. 4. I like outboards a lot and down here they make a lot of sense. Like I said Im not looking for the fastest boat on the planet. I would be perfectly happy to cruise around 55mph the hull really likes that speed and feels great. Current setup runs mid 60s fyi. Any tips on setback, initial prop size, etc etc is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Seebold 2.jpg   Seebold 1.jpg  
    Last edited by Widebody325; 11-25-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is something thing about. Same boat already converted to outboards might save you a lot of time and money to buy one already converted. The thing is I don't know if its still for sale without power.

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...hlight=njsboat

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2jz View Post
    Here is something thing about. Same boat already converted to outboards might save you a lot of time and money to buy one already converted. The thing is I don't know if its still for sale without power.

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...hlight=njsboat

This is exactly what I have been looking for! Same color and everything!!!! Thank you so much for the link. I am going to contact them to see if I can get some intel on their setup! Running twin 250s on this hull around 90 is pretty crazy! Im not looking to light the world on fire but holy ****.