Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a plumbing rant.

I live in an apartment building, first floor, 3 stories.

So, last week I get home and find dirt and feces in my tub.... call mis-management and report it..... of course the drug addict on-site maintenance guy is no where to be found. So I do the kitchen sink sponge bath thing and wait til the next day to get someone live on the phone. They send the plumber out and the lines are snaked and are said to be finished and clear. I get home from work, more feces in the tub and what looks like a nice back flush in the toilet. s night two of sponge bath and no response from maintenance. Next day call the office and she says the plumbers ran the snake down the stack and found everything from paper towels to condoms to body parts clogging the ways (along with a few kayaks and bicycles). So all is good... I get home, jump in the shower and as Im bubbling up I hear the toilet fart..... I jump up and straddle the tub just in time for Mount Saint Helens to erupt.... Call the office all night no response etc.... The next day (Friday) Plumbers send a camera down the ****ter and say they see a blockage, but can't get to it and have to dig. They tell the office this at 1 PM and say they might be back Monday to start digging (I'd fire them on the spot for saying that). Fast forward to yesterday (with feces and sewage water flowing through my apartment all weekend) they finally dig up the pipe and stupidly leave the pieces laying outside..... the pipe is not only rotted through, but low and behold.... what was holding up all those paper towels, body parts and motorcycle was what was left of the plumbers' broken off snake................
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23559657_897804853719650_8160335388011496884_n.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	392130

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23435242_897804807052988_5789153434739062640_n.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	392131
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is some messed up pipe there. Just had to have my water line from the meter to my house replaced. It looked kinda like those pipes.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing is, they only replaced that one small section,,,,, another 150 feet look like that I'm sure...........
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flabum1017 View Post
    Thing is, they only replaced that one small section,,,,, another 150 feet look like that I'm sure...........
    Exactly and it gets real expensive. If they ran the camera they probably went through the pipe in a few more places. We are on septic in this neighborhood. Anything other than paper is going to be a problem. That back up usually smells ripe. Good luck that looks like a when rather than an if.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to move...Big safety hazard ! Can you imagine the bacteria bloom ?
    James H. W2F a V-King... Want 2 Fly a V-King

Dedicated Site for Hydrostreams >> http://hydrostreamforums.com/
    My Project 1979 V-King restore >> http://hydrostreamforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2761

6. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W2F a V-King View Post
    Time to move...Big safety hazard ! Can you imagine the bacteria bloom ?
    I know the bleach would be flowing!!!! I took some microbiology classes in college and it ruined me!

8. Likes XstreamVking liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    I know the bleach would be flowing!!!! I took some microbiology classes in college and it ruined me!
    The first night back I poured 1/2 a gallon of bleach on the floor in the bathroom, the other 1/2 in the tub, turned on the vent fan and let it set for an hour. Got a new seat for the toilet and bleached the walls and counters. The people above me on the same vent fan line was complaining to the office of the bleach smell, I told them they can have my apartment and next time the drain clogs they can wade through my **** instead.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "the same fan vent line"? Huh?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    "the same fan vent line"? Huh?

Yeah, same thing with the kitchen vent, when someone upstairs cooks, I smell in through the kitchen vent.

Woke up yesterday morning to find the tub with 6" if waste water in it again..... today, the ground where they dug is sinking..... hopefully it will swallow up the whole building................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How old is the building? Steel pipes? Sounds like a mess sorry to hear this. This stinks no pun intended. Rick

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks to be the usual cast iron drain piping they used for everything here in south florida, when everything was built here in the 50's. Had the same iron pipe. I dug up all of mine years ago, when I was younger, on the long Thanksgiving weekend, and replaced it all with new PVC. No code guys around back then, like nowadays. 4" was used on the bathroom sides of all houses. 3'' was used on all the kitchen sides of the houses. I could never, ever, live in an apartment, just for all the problems you describe. Sorry you have to put up with that crap.
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 11-20-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    Looks to be the usual cast iron drain piping they used for everything here in south florida, when everything was built here in the 50's. Had the same iron pipe. I dug up all of mine years ago, when I was younger, on the long Thanksgiving weekend, and replaced it all with new PVC. No code guys around back then, like nowadays. 4" was used on the bathroom sides of all houses. 3'' was used on all the kitchen sides of the houses. I could never, ever, live in an apartment, just for all the problems you describe. Sorry you have to put up with that crap.
    Being single, I have no desire for a house and all the maintenance without someone helping. If I had someone taking care of the household stuff (cooking, cleaning and laundry) and me doing all the yard work and repairs, then I'd have a house. I have had very little problem in apartments, but this one, the maintenance company is slow and cheap.

I agree with ripping out all the cast iron pipes and going PVC with the drains. I helped my brither in law do that with his house and we replaced all the steel water lines with pex.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't think they can't hold you to a lease with all the unsanitary conditions that are there. Document all the problems and get another place....

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must be all the salt in the soil rottin the exterior of the pipe like that.....I have dug up iron pipe outside Boston that was buried in the 1800s that looked a lot better than that! Then again the lead stuff even looks better!!!
    Gary
    "12" Super Lite Tunnel (11') "88" 25 Yammy twin carb "BANANA SPLIT"
    "77" Hydrostream Viper "87" 140 Rude heavy modded w/15" mid, Bobs nose and lwp "DANGER ZONE"
    "72" Checkmate MX-13 "80" 75 Rude w/15"mid and Nitro Lu (to be restored)

"Too much is never enough" Keith Richards " Dreams become reality via hard work and perseverance" G.A.Carbonneau

"This coming from an old man that strapped two bananas together, hung a motor on it and calls it a boat" XstreamVking

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They supposedly repaired it yesterday, woke up this morning and the ground around where they dug was depressed. this afternoon, it swallowed up the AC slab and compressor..... just gets getting better

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast