Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96 260 0hrs

I have a bone stock 96 260 0hrs assembled end of aug. The block was inspect by Jim Ruck prior to retirement. He said that it was "probably fine" I told him if it's even questionable send it for replate, so he did. So now I have big bearing 260 all new nic with fresh injectors from brucato, motor is being sold complete minus ecu and was assembled by IMO one of the best. It is wrapped up in plastic on pallet and will not unwrap for pics, it looks like a 260 lol. I have owned this motor for at least 14yrs and may one I bought new in 98(would have to dig through seriously old files) fresh water only and has not been on a boat since 2007. I want $5500 plus shipping, I will not take less. I don't really want or care if it sells but could use the cash to buy some new towing equipment. Once I buy new equipment I will no longer be available. Thanks Jerry
    Last edited by 97 TWISTER; 11-01-2017 at 06:32 AM. Reason: info

2. Likes Michael J Giesler liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can you pm with contact please

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM sent

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96..260 w/o ECU.

Post if still for sale. I'm just down the road ..so to speak from you.
    " Nothing's too good for me...That's why I get so much of it."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still for sale

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want have to chase down the ECU for this. Do you have one laying in the " Weeds" somewhere? I'm sorry but drop-on's are getting much harder to find a really decent one.
    " Nothing's too good for me...That's why I get so much of it."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sold pending payment

Thanks Scream and Fly

Sold funds received
    Last edited by 97 TWISTER; 11-27-2017 at 06:48 PM. Reason: info

9. Likes Groucho, Michael J Giesler liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be careful of what you buy from this guy!!!!!

Motor was not a drop on less ECU as described. Although once received Jerry appeared surprised of condition and said he'd make it right.

Broken trigger (missing half the plastic lip that keep it centered), no mounting studs, throttle linkage & rod to throttle plate just rigged to fit, all hardware/bolts from local hardware store, no fuel pressure reg/mounts, fuel rail cracked, just a bunch of misc part thrown on a power head to call drop on.

Pulled all missing parts from my power head to run, made it 2 hours of break in below 3,500 RPM and melted #6, took it to Jay Smith who tore it down and inspected. His exact words were tell this guy I have a third grader down the street that can assemble an engine better than this. No washers on case halves, (how can you get correct torque), reed bolts lets indention's where some attempt at modification failed, upper and lower seals leaking ect, sleeves sunk into head, will need 15 thousands shave to get head gasket to seal, reused side pin pistons.

In Jerry's defense he did send new CDI trigger & missing rectifier, still waiting on other items a month later to show up. Rarely answer calls, heck I wouldn't either if I sold something like this to someone.

Have a happy new year

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For $5500 you would expect something better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all I am very sorry this deal ended up going this direction as I told you. And in my defense the only times I did not respond to you was when you text me on Christmas day which I hoped you could understand and New Years day and that's because I was sick in bed and had been for 2 days, not from hangover but from working in sub zero temps. I will admit that there was a couple parts not on the motor my bad I should have looked it over better. I was willing to take the motor back until I figured out it had been wrenched on and installed on boat. I am absolutely blown away by some of the new problems listed above never mentioned until now. I will stand by my motor builder and most certainly stand by Jim Ruck opinion on the block. As stated in ad this block was gone through by Jim Ruck himself prior to his retirement and I have a hard time believing that he would have missed sleeves sunk in block, I call BS. I have tried to be as helpful as possible as there were a couple items missing but as far a the studs for mounting I won't even count them, but sent a set. I does appear in the pics you sent me that there are washers on crank case bolts. It also looks to me in the pics that the motor may have gotten hot, possibly from the 10psi you had or some crap stuck in it from other motor you told me you stuck in mud??? You claimed you pyros were at 900, but then how the heck did #6 get destroyed so bad??? Or did #6 get destroyed by crack fuel rail you claim for first time. Did you not check this over before you went out, cracked fuel would explain lean but sure would think pyros would have showed that??? Where you check plugs for fuel and heat IDK but that's what we do. This motor was timed and checked for sparked on all 6 after assembly but also told you to check things over as I would. I am really having to believe there is much more to this than the fact Jerry Leonard a big old pile of sh*t.

Once again very sorry that this motor blew up but by no means would I or did I sell anything with out it being what I believed it to be. I have been around S&F for along time and playing with these things even longer and think there are many people on here that will vouch for the fact I wouldn't burn anyone. As a matter a fact I think there are many that will tell you that there isn't anything I wouldn't do to help out anyone. I am also assuming you must have received the other parts I sent as you chose now to bash me.

Also can you share how you got 500hrs out of your factory 260's that you told about, I as well as many here would love to learn how to do that?
    Last edited by 97 TWISTER; 01-02-2018 at 12:24 PM. Reason: more info

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way was this motor run, be honest.
    Maybe you were told it was! As you said you never unwrapped it !!!

Should of Been able to drop on and plug in Ecu, shouldnt of had to turn a wrench, right, You tested it!!!
    Never used your fuel rail of course.

Motor is at Jay Smith racing torn down on 12-29-17 as I watched , send him a message, he’ll verify.
    He suggested I share to make sure others were aware of what you are selling.

No smoking gun on #6, awaiting on injector results.

Putting out a few reputable names on builder of powerhead you sent is not always the case.

You know what you sent, I know what I got

My mistake, red flag was in add, “I won’t unwrap for pictures” because if I’d of seen what you were sending I’d of said no thanks.

I gain nothing by making you look bad. It would just be wrong to not make others aware.

Shawn Muir
    409-739-6875

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't be carful of dealing with me BE CARFUL OF THIS GUY!

NOT gonna drag anyone into this but after couple hrs of my time I've come to the conclusion the motor he is claiming I sold him that blew up is in fact NOT MY OLD MOTOR or the one I sold him. Not sure why anyone would try and pull this but it just doesn't add up.

1) Jim Ruck sent a block out like this.

2) My motor guy assembled something this way, no way over 8 great yrs. (agree it was assembled by 3rd grader but not my guy)

3) 3 post on here prior to this. (Maybe a banned member hmmm)

Much more I don't what to disclose at this point incase this takes an ugly twist. I just don't like my character to be in question because I AM one those guys that matters too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you prefer serial#s, or your hand writing of stock 260 writing in sharpie on block and heads?

i have nothing to gain here buddy, funny how now you have time to respond (to save face)now, you know my phone # hasn’t changed right, in case you wanted to make this right.

Shawn Muir
    409-739-6875

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no dog in this fight, but will throw my 2 cents in. I had Mr Ruck do some work for me over the years and also had him do 2 for me "right before he retired" which means he was training Ron there at the end. He did my 260 block and a 280 for me. The 260 ended up being a mess as the cylinders were no round etc( he replated the block) and ate the rings within 20 hours. Didnt end up figuring it out til Ruck was gone so i dealt with it. The 280 he did for me is assembled as a spare and has never been fired. So, just because Ruck did it doesnt necessarily mean anything.

17. Likes 67racing liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by capteliminator View Post
    I have no dog in this fight, but will throw my 2 cents in. I had Mr Ruck do some work for me over the years and also had him do 2 for me "right before he retired" which means he was training Ron there at the end. He did my 260 block and a 280 for me. The 260 ended up being a mess as the cylinders were no round etc( he replated the block) and ate the rings within 20 hours. Didnt end up figuring it out til Ruck was gone so i dealt with it. The 280 he did for me is assembled as a spare and has never been fired. So, just because Ruck did it doesnt necessarily mean anything.
    Yeah not sure what happened here but talked to Jay couple times and he agreed that wasn't the work of Jim Ruck for sure. I still have the box Ruck shipped it back in so not sure what to say. Did have phone conversation with buyer and believe we have come to reasonable solution. But at the end of the day it really sucks for both parties. I really didn't need or want to sell motor just had no real use for it a was hoping to give it a happy home.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast