Okay so I recently repainted what was a good ocean pro 225. I dropped the leg and installed a new water pump and changed oil in the gear case, cleaned carbs, new plugs and so on. Well when I pulled the lower unit I shifted the gear case by hand I believe out of gear. Then I wasn’t really able to shift it and I figured I was just weak. Well now that it’s on the boat I went to hook up my cables and it won’t shift I disconnected the shift rod bolt and the cable and linkage all work. I tried to move the shift rod with tools and it was stuck. I have pulled the lower unit back off and the shift rod won’t budge not even with the tap of a hammer. I removed the cover plate and the shift rod seal was still in good shape I unscrewed the shift rod and it looked fine so I put it back in and I ended up galling the end threads which royaly po’d me. I’ve managed to drain some of the oil which was new and everything looks clean in there? Is there some trick to these or do I have a worn out pos? Any ideas on why it shifted fine and now all of a sudden is frozen like excalibur? I did get the shift rod half ( | ) back in and it still won’t budge.