Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shipping a Motor

Am I in the right thread? If not mod can move. Thanks, new around here so still getting the hang of where I should post.

What's everybody's take on shipping a motor? For the sake of reference... looking to move a 225 optimax from Texas to Illinois, 75050 to 62974. We have a forklift here in Texas and can have it put on a pallet and shrink wrapped. The destination is a home, doesn't have access to forklift so they would need a lift gate or whatever at the drop off location. I went on uship and got quoted from around 254 for UPS Freight to 300 for a couple others. Some others even more. Does that seem like a reasonable price? Anybody have a carrier they like to use? Frank Mole I see you on the forums do you do stuff like this or are you boats only? Thanks. New to shipping a motor hoping to talk to someone who has done it. Price is being picked up by the seller but wanting to get him the best quote possible.

On that note, how do I have an out of town buyer pay? Wire transfer? Paypal seems like it would be too hefty of a fee. But I know they have their guarantee or whatever. Thanks everybody in advance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yes I do that,but I don't have anything going to TX right now,i might be bringing a motor to TX in a few weeks,so if
    that works give me a call...thanks Frank....
    TRANSPORT SERVICE...UP TO 36 FEET....YOUR TRAILER OR MINE... FULLY INSURED...............
    DOT & CDL COMPLIANT $500,000.00 CARGO & 1 MILLION LIABILITY.

LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE, LESS CROWED BETTER VIEW
    ...............2022 3500 HD SILVERADO DUALLY 6.6 TURBO. 8 FT BED...LETS PULL IT.................

http://www.frankmoletransport.com/

3. Thanks T-racer thanked for this post
    Likes T-racer liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh oh...somebody is looking for more to go big in the power department! Frank's offer is ridiculously convenient...he should get it there unmolested as well (no problems). I have palletized one and shipped central freight before but you lose the personal touch and customer service in the process which opens up the "problems you don't need" door. Would love to see what you plan to upgrade with rig/motor...
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower...it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

02 Dodge Cummins 2500 reg cab 4x4, converted long to short bed, up a foot, twins, injectors, fully built auto, dyno'd 582hp/1015tq

99 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe, 8.0L V-10, lowered 1", Corsa pipes/no cats, 450hp/500tq

5. Thanks Frank Molé thanked for this post
    Likes Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking to do it a little faster than that but if for some reason deal slows down I will absolutely give you a shout! Thanks!!!

7. Thanks Frank Molé thanked for this post
    Likes Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 20cc View Post
    Uh oh...somebody is looking for more to go big in the power department! Frank's offer is ridiculously convenient...he should get it there unmolested as well (no problems). I have palletized one and shipped central freight before but you lose the personal touch and customer service in the process which opens up the "problems you don't need" door. Would love to see what you plan to upgrade with rig/motor...
    I've got my eyes looking real hard (and by that I mean GLUED) to a Bullet 21xdc with a 225 pro max... With eventual plans for a 250xs or maybe even 300xs?????????? Who knows.... But oh man I want that Bullet... Just trying to round my college kid finances up. With that being said Bullet doesn't come to me until this motor and my boat get sold so... speed is unfortunately important. Nevertheless I will keep you in mind Frank!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been there before...just an old fart now. Handle your business and it will soon be glued to your arse rather than your eyes...
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower...it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

02 Dodge Cummins 2500 reg cab 4x4, converted long to short bed, up a foot, twins, injectors, fully built auto, dyno'd 582hp/1015tq

99 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe, 8.0L V-10, lowered 1", Corsa pipes/no cats, 450hp/500tq

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So here's a good question... what's the best way to have him pay me for this motor?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have him send a cashier's check and the motor don't go nowhere til it has completely cleared. You should call the bank that it is drawn on before you deposit it to verify its authenticity also. PayPal is secure and easy but will cost somebody a percentage...I think 5-7% or something like that.

I have even opened up another account at my bank specifically to let them deposit straight into it and then drain it. That last one only works if your bank is also in his area and no minimum balance service fees are in play.
    Last edited by Bullet 20cc; 10-17-2017 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wire the money. Very easy to do. I do not like taking checks of any kind these days. Paypal costs too much.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I had a problem with my pay pal account over the summer and I accepted personal checks. In most cases the parts were in the mail before the check arrived. No issues. With larger sales as long as the funds clear your bank before shipping personal check, postal money order , or cashiers check are all safe ways to get paid. Mike
    Cheaters never Win !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wire Transfer as stated above.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually Cashier Checks can be cancelled and even reversed after you cash it (like a credit card) I bought a truck and brought the business owner a cashiers check for over 20k and he wouldn't take it because he said he had someone stopped payment on a cashiers check even after it was cashed. So he's scared now. I wasn't pissed but I had to go to 5 banks to get the cash because they apparently have a limit and don't want to run out of daily cash, so they said.
    You can always do a wire transfer from bank to bank. They all do it and there is no way to commit fraud, its always legit.
    If I don't ask any questions, I'll never learn anything.