Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ok, I will be the jerk.

As many of you know, I sometimes have no problem speaking my mind and this is one of those times. I am not perfect and never claim to be, but in these incidents it is not fair to guys like Greg Terzein and other Supporting Vendors. I have talked with a few Supporting Vendor’s and they feel the same way. Just to be clear, Greg has nothing or knows nothing about this. He and I have not talked about this at all. So, please do not include Greg in this. I just wanted to be clear.

I get tired of seeing post about other boat builders, haulers, parts sellers and etc. being posted on here constantly and most of them are not a Supporting Vendor or even paying member. How is that fair to Greg, Supporting Vendors or paying members? Real simple, it is not. At this time, I am not going to name who they are, but you know who you are. My suggestion, spend the money and step up

I have been a member of S&F from pretty much from day one. I cannot remember my original username, but I found this one below. I believe I joined in 2000 or 2001 originally, but after losing names, passwords or changing internet providers, I have had a few different names over the years, but everyone always knew it was Todd Lamb they were dealing with.

I am a big boy, so feel free to post whether you agree or disagree with me. We are all still boating family, but you guys need to look at this from my point of view and others. Thank you, Todd Lamb

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0699.JPG 
Views:	259 
Size:	235.1 KB 
ID:	389603
    Last edited by Spectre Powerboats; 10-15-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agreed - my subscription for lack of better terms has expired, something I need to rectify here soon, but you are spot on with your comments. I see it all the time as well, Greg has a huge soft spot for this place, and as a quest on his site I think he expects us to police ourselves, which sometimes we go a tad overboard with in certain area's, but not this one.

If I see a post that doesn't belong I simply report it, nuff said - we all enjoy this place but over the years have lost WAY too many of the good guys because they got flamed over something stupid and decided not to come back, which hurts us all with their knowledge and experience.

I respect the Supporting Vendors for speaking their minds, wish more would.
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am constantly reporting post from non paying members that I know are businesses. Not fair to the guys that pay. Agree with Todd.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certain builders built 1-3 boat a year a lil friendly banter between members ain’t gettin them to sell a dozen boats a year. Understand yo point 100% with you but at the same time won’t make a difference. We all know what hulls cell n what hulls don’t. I really don’t think a big up to a 2 boat a year company is gunna change that. I mean if they can’t afford the 25$ or 50$ there erelivent to me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about a supporting vendor list.Those of us less informed could look there first.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not being the jerk Todd agree 100%.

Dave
    1980 Cougar 19 tunnel,90 2.4L Bridgeport EFI in middle of restoration.
    1988 BAJA Sunsport 186, 96 225 Pro Max
    79 12' Auminum, 95 Merc 9.9
    RIP Stu
    "So many idiots, so few bullets"

7. Thanks Scream And Fly thanked for this post
    Likes Scream And Fly, Frank Molé, mrcrsr, Slimm liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have posted many opinions on SF.....have listed some parts and boats. Never joined.....Send me a bill....na...but real can I help Greg?

9. Thanks Scream And Fly thanked for this post
    Likes Scream And Fly, specboatops liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    LETS NOT FORGET TO HELP OUT THIS GREAT SITE,GREG HAS DONE A TON OF WORK HERE AND I THINK WE SHOULD ALL SUPPORT THIS GREAT PLACE ANY WAY WE CAN THE BEST PLACE FOR OUR BOATING FIX ON THE NET............ THANKS GREG AND CHECK YOUR PAYPAL ...ANYBODY THAT HELPS OUT AND LETS ME KNOW WILL GET DISCOUNT ON NEXT TRANSPORT............THANKS EVERYBODY FOR ANYTHING YOU CAN DO.............. FRANK............
    TRANSPORT SERVICE...UP TO 36 FEET....YOUR TRAILER OR MINE... FULLY INSURED...............
    DOT & CDL COMPLIANT $500,000.00 CARGO & 1 MILLION LIABILITY.

LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE, LESS CROWED BETTER VIEW
    ...............2022 3500 HD SILVERADO DUALLY 6.6 TURBO. 8 FT BED...LETS PULL IT.................

http://www.frankmoletransport.com/

11. Thanks Scream And Fly thanked for this post
    Likes Scream And Fly, mrcrsr liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never joined either I’m not vender just someone that loves our sport. Am I opinionated sure some people agree some don’t but I don’t give an opinion unless I know I’m correct or on the right track. And next time I get paid I will donate. I know I’ve said things that maybe shouldn’t b said publicly but they were not wrong maybe I should have swallowed my tounge but that’s not me. N if people don’t like the things I say don’t read it or ignore it because I never said anything on this sight that’s not true. I just don’t care what anyone thinks of me but I seem to get more likes received than givin n more thanks than thank you’s that has to mean something. And I’m a “nobody” cause I’m not a builder or dealer but I promise this I will b one day. Maybe a national or world champ or 2 . I give everyone respect that gives it to me you may not know who I am but that’s y some of the top riggers and drivers are not on scream n fly. Why can’t we all just get along. We have the same number 1 hobby. Weather it being stream liberators Allison’s or liberators or it b skaters linder designs or anything in between our hearts are in similar places. That counts for something. Happy and save boating. Wish I was a lil more south so I’d still b out there w ya. I hope none of u took my comments wrong. I said them in piece

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by da sponge View Post
    How about a supporting vendor list.Those of us less informed could look there first.
    Just look under the name of the person posting, if they are a.supporting member it says so in red.

Dave
    1980 Cougar 19 tunnel,90 2.4L Bridgeport EFI in middle of restoration.
    1988 BAJA Sunsport 186, 96 225 Pro Max
    79 12' Auminum, 95 Merc 9.9
    RIP Stu
    "So many idiots, so few bullets"

14. Likes Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    coming back from a few times empty with and without trailer,,deals anywere...
    TRANSPORT SERVICE...UP TO 36 FEET....YOUR TRAILER OR MINE... FULLY INSURED...............
    DOT & CDL COMPLIANT $500,000.00 CARGO & 1 MILLION LIABILITY.

LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE, LESS CROWED BETTER VIEW
    ...............2022 3500 HD SILVERADO DUALLY 6.6 TURBO. 8 FT BED...LETS PULL IT.................

http://www.frankmoletransport.com/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much @Screaming Eagle Boats
    Todd, really appreciate your support, everybody that supports this site. I do my absolute best to protect the investment made in this site by the Supporting Vendors, and all Supporting Vendors know that I will work with them to help their business here in any way I can.

This site requires a great deal of financial support to maintain, and without the Supporting Vendors, Supporting Members, and Team Members, it would simply not exist - not even for a month. I really cannot underscore that point enough. It has always been the case that 100% of all revenue from our Supporting Vendors, Supporting Members, and Team Members goes to the maintenance and development of Scream And Fly. That will always be the way it is. Team Membership is not mandatory, and the site, in its entirety will be available to everybody.

I also want to say how incredibly helpful Norris (Raceman) is to Scream And Fly for his tireless work here. In addition to the close friendship, I am incredibly grateful for his help here, and of course the help of the moderators and everybody that reports posts that are outside of the rules of benefit of the forums as a whole. I encourage everybody to not hesitate to use that feature.

I am tremendously grateful for all of the support S&F gets from the membership. It motivates me to work as hard as I can on this site, because I feel it is a responsibility to make sure that I return that support by making this site all it can be for those that visit it. I really cannot thank you all enough.

Greg

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely agree Todd. Very frustrating when non paying members get to post bs on for sale threads.

Continually see people selling their manufactured products without being vendors.

18. Thanks Scream And Fly thanked for this post
    Likes NICE PAIR, Scream And Fly liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a guy that has been in business forever it seems, I understand and agree 100%. Investment in advertising is a must and seeing others who don't want to play by the rules get the same exposure is tough. Monitoring the situation has got to be a never ending endeavor and as importantly keeping track of those that do sign up as supporting vendors are not just taking advantage of the less knowledgeable members. I have been here for a few days now and have seen what the bad vendors can do and what the good vendors do provide. You good ones are an incredible asset and often make the hobby better with not only your product but also the tremendous amount of free knowledge you seem to be willing to give freely. My hat has always been off to Greg for his efforts and I have the same appreciation for all the good vendors on this site. Don't let the occasional free loader get you down after all most of them are just junk dealers anyway.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

20. Thanks Scream And Fly thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    As a guy that has been in business forever it seems, I understand and agree 100%. Investment in advertising is a must and seeing others who don't want to play by the rules get the same exposure is tough. Monitoring the situation has got to be a never ending endeavor and as importantly keeping track of those that do sign up as supporting vendors are not just taking advantage of the less knowledgeable members. I have been here for a few days now and have seen what the bad vendors can do and what the good vendors do provide. You good ones are an incredible asset and often make the hobby better with not only your product but also the tremendous amount of free knowledge you seem to be willing to give freely. My hat has always been off to Greg for his efforts and I have the same appreciation for all the good vendors on this site. Don't let the occasional free loader get you down after all most of them are just junk dealers anyway.

Rock
    Hey Rock, everything you said is spot on. The reason I started this, was so Greg would not have to. I think it is just as much as our responsibility to monitor this site as it is his. As I said earlier, I am far from perfect, but I am working very hard to provide great boats, great service and hopefully some great tips to those who ask. I love boats, because it is the only release from the real world I have found.

22. Likes NICE PAIR, Frank Molé, specboatops, Slimm liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast