Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One off odd ball build idea. Questions

Let me start off by saying im not sure if this is the best spot to put this thread, if its not please move to a better location. That being said, im looking at buying a Bullet 130 (Mini deep v) 13' long handles rough water pretty good. Instead of putting an outboard on it I was entertaining with putting a jet drive out of a high performance pwc. I own a Yamaha gp1800 SVHO supercharged 1.8 l 300hp blah bla. I want something different and unique. I was thinking of putting the engine and pump from a ski into the boat, the boat would weigh around the same as the ski, the boat also has a pad lifting strakes and all that good stuff so im not quite sure how that would work with a jet style pump setup. Jet pumps are extremely inefficient, so it got me thinking, Surface drive.. Is there any smaller surface drive systems out there being made? something that would work on a 13' boat? that coupled with a 1.8l 300 hp, (they spin around 8k rpm) Yamaha svho engine direct drive would be pretty sick on a little 13' boat. Whats your thoughts on using a jet pump on a pad style boat? would it help top speed or hurt? also the surface drive? I am just very curious on how a hull like this would take to a jet pump setup, i love the acceleration the jet pump gives and i think it would be easier for me to pull off. Are there any jet experts in here? whats you opinions? My ski does 83 mph, if i could get the boat to do 70 with the same setup i would love it because it would be much more comfortable in rough water given the deep v. Any tips tricks and input would be very much apreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bullet_130_prop_setup3.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	388728Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bullet_130_prop_setup2.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	388729
    Last edited by TwzteD; 10-05-2017 at 08:14 PM.