Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1998 225 3.0L EFI No Start

As the title states, I've got a 225 EFI that is not even trying to fire. I recently added a 250 XB fuel and 300 PM ignition ECU along with a 4 butterfly intake. I did all of this on Sunday and it fired right up and went for a little Sunday fishing trip and cruise. It ran great as always. Now yesterday I dropped it in and it fired right up, idled it for about 10 minutes while my buddy parked the truck and I came and grabbed him. We idled away from the dock and I opened it up, WOT to get on plane, planed out and it died, kind of like it ran out of gas, and has not fired since. It turns over fine and is making between 95 and 107 PSI of compression on all 6. I have spark with new plugs. My TPS is set at 1.08v on idle. I recently changed the fuel filter. I also bled the fuel and stuck a complete set of fuel line in a can of VP and still no dice. I have yet to check the fuel pressure because I don't have a gauge, but I'm hoping to check that in the morning tomorrow with one of my buddies. Should be around 36 psi, correct? I did hit the valve with the ignition on and it spit fuel out pretty forcefully for about a second and the nothing. I'm thinking it's the fuel pump inside the VST but I have yet to take it apart and really inspect it.
    2002 Stratos 20XL w/ 1998 Mercury 225 EFI

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the pressure checked this morning at the schrader valve. Fuel pressure was only 20 when I turned the ignition on and dropped to 12 when we tried to turn it over. Going to be ordering a high pressure fuel pump this morning, if any one has one they are willing to overnight let me know.

Also, if there is something that I am missing or need to check before ordering this pump, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! These things aint cheap.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the filter on the pump for trash, also dead head the pump by pinching off the return line to see what pressure it makes.

4. Thanks xringmaster thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I check it previously and dead headed the pump but forgot to mention it. Got the new pump in today, fired back up. Appreciate the help.