Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, since we have a conversation going, which one of those props would you recommend? The guy with the lab finished chopper just messaged me. I'm thinking that one is a few dollars cheaper and since it's so close to new resale might be better / easier. I also have been told a 28 ET would be easier to spin than a 28 chopper. Thanks again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The under 40mph porpoise was with about 15 gallons of gas and 3 people in the boat. So one passenger in the back seat. It didn't need waves to start. Would start bouncing getting on plane if I didn't go ahead and get over about 40 or if I slowed down preparing to take some waves.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to get the 28 et cut chopper installed. Left my phone at home so no GPS app. The small hub prop spun up much better getting out of the hole. Really had to feather the throttle to let it hook and get going. With just me in the boat it jumps on plane really easy. With a few passengers it would slip a lot and take a few seconds to get enough momentum to find traction. Think I have the tach on the correct setting now. I was getting 6400 or so rpm WOT and it read normally from idle all the way up. Still need to work on the chine walk deal though. I found this (http://www.screamandfly.com/content....-How-To-Fix-It). Will work on getting a better handle on that. I got a better handle on the porpoising. I think too much negative trim at lower speed would make it bounce. Finding a neutral trim setting a lower speed seemed to help.

The lakes around here don't seem to have performance enthusiasts so I get some odd looks with the loud engine and rooster tail. The chopper prop throws up some water when set even with the pad. It flies though. As fast as I want to go in such a small, light boat. Hard to believe folks have run these into the 115 plus range.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2