Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool 85 Seebold Eagle Ski

I have an 85 Seebold Eagle Ski with a slightly modified 87 Suzuki 200AE. I've owned it since 1989.
    Seastar Pro Hydraulic steering, Land & Sea hydraulic jack plate, Hydromotive cone and 30" Chopper, and a bunch of extras.
    I replaced the front seats with STV Euro seats, and had the whole thing reupholstered in white with black piping.
    It's on a SMP single axle trailer. Always stored indoors under a custom acrylic cover.
    It has a few hairline gelcoat cracks around the transom corners, but is in exceptional shape for an unrestored boat of it's age.
    Runs high 80's to low 90's depending on load.
    You don't see these often, and it still turns heads.

Asking $9500.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-10-06 Seebold Boat 029.jpg   2012-10-06 Seebold Boat 027.jpg   2012-10-06 Seebold Boat 019.jpg   2012-10-06 Seebold Boat 012.jpg   2012-10-06 Seebold Boat 010.jpg  

2012-10-06 Seebold Boat 009.jpg   2012-10-05 18.48.34.jpg   2012-10-05 18.48.11.jpg   2012-10-05 18.47.33.jpg   2012-10-06 Seebold Boat 026.jpg  

2. Thanks BuffaloJoe thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have current pictures? Any more info on this boat? I am not familiar with it.

Thanks!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These pics are from the last time I took it out, which is the main reason for selling, I just don't have time to use it anymore.

It's sitting under the cover in a corner of my storage building. If I get time, I'll move out some equipment and pull the cover back to take a couple new pics this weekend, just to show it's still as it appears in these pics.

These boats were built by Seebold on their Mod-VP bottom.
    This particular hull was one of, if not the first, they built using a Kevlar composite layup.
    It's about 100# lighter than standard, but is still not a featherweight by any means.
    It handles moderately rough water well, and the ride is much better than something like an STV or Mirage due to the deep tunnels.
    Much of the weight reduction is in the deck, which is pretty thin up front.

It was originally all white gelcoat, and the colors were painted in Imron by the original owner, the Seebold dealer back then, to match the Suzuki Gold on the Special Edition motor.
    Like I said, it's always been stored indoors, and is extremely well preserved for its age.

Thanks,
    David

5. Likes LetsBoat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. Looks sharp.

No soft spots, transom cracks, etc? Any idea on hours? Any rash/scrapes/bruises?

Speed verified on GPS?

Thanks again,
    Adam

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam,

The hull is solid. I do recall I got a scrape on the center sponson from some debris.
    It was mostly cosmetic, but it did chip through the gelcoat. I ground that area and glassed in some mat and cloth, and filled and repainted that section many years ago. It's held up well since.

The cracks at the transom corners are only hairline in the gelcoat, no structural problems.
    Other than that, a few paint chips on the sides from docking are about it.

It has a Medallion 125MPH speedometer, which was checked against a friends GPS back when they first came out. It was within a couple MPH in the 80+ range, and I've seen it over 90 numerous times when driving alone.

As far as hours, I don't really know. I'd guess around 400 total, and maybe 200 since I rebuilt the top-end after it broke a piston skirt. I installed Wiseco forged pistons to prevent that problem from recurring. I removed the oil injection system, and always ran synthetic oil at 40:1 ratio.

If you want something a little different from the norm, that's also more comfortable in rougher water, this is a good choice.

David

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tim seebold set one of these up with his father Bill with a tweeked 260 merc and just got low to mid TO HIGH 80's mph. How did you get this boat into the 90's? What did you do as i had one with a merc 220 xri that timmy help me set up and it ran low 80's on its best day. I am only asking what you did as we ran a 14 1/2 by 30 merc chopper which Timmy suggested. What prop did you run? These are very rare and very good boats designed by bill seebold. They are a heavier layup with center pod and run as well as a pickle fork can in the swell. Tim seebold said they made them a little heavier and gave up some top end. The center pod makes the boat handel well around the lower speeds and the heavier layup makes them less prone to flip running into the wind. Personally i think high 80's and low 90's is wishfull thinking but running 80 mph all day w/o problems is possible. Also you can run through a wave in the heavy swell so whoever buys this boat needs to realize it is not a rough water rig. Have no hesitation buying this hull and with a merc worked 2.5 260/280 you will run mid to 87 mph all day. Buy this boat with no hesitation as it was the seebold's attempt to offer an 18' little racer to the public and you better believe they know how to build a tunnel hulL Hats off to Mike, Tim and there father who were the real champs and pioneers of the racing tunnel hull set. Glws
    Last edited by Blowerboy; 06-14-2017 at 10:08 AM.

9. Thanks Instigator thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These boats were set up to run a merc big ear chopper prop half in and half out of the water with no set back on the transom. You need a lower unit that can handel a chopper runing half out of the water as they put a ton of stress on the lower running that way. This is a great boat and just make sure the rear transom is solid as on all older tunnels. glws

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0004.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	415.3 KB 
ID:	377505Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0001.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	375.8 KB 
ID:	377503Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0007.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	382.9 KB 
ID:	377502This is a fun boat I raced a 1986 hull in Mod Vp in the early nineties race trim was 103-106 mph. We ran top 5 everywhere we went & even caught Mr Bill's eye in Augusta Ga My wife was pretty excited as Mr Bill told us if there was anything we needed to check with him pretty cool for a low bucks racer @ the time, We even had Grandpa Seabold hanging out in our tent. I wish this had Merc power on it as I'm getting the itch for a hot rod boat again. This boat turns & handles churned up water well better than the STV's & Mirages. How much does your rig weigh as that will determine a lot about the speed.
    Cheers Bob
    Last edited by bteski; 06-14-2017 at 10:35 AM. Reason: add pic

12. Thanks Cobranut1 thanked for this post
    Likes Cobranut1 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow that is one hot patato and i am really impressed.
    Last edited by Blowerboy; 06-14-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Suzuki is pretty heavy, but it's set way back with the Jack plate and Setback spacer combined.
    I also run it pretty high, with the propshaft a couple inches above the bottom IIRC. It has a Hydromotive nose cone with dual water lines to the pump.

The motor has been mildly ported and polished, the exhaust tuners shortened, the heads milled, the carbs bored and 8-petal fiber reeds installed, and the lower unit relieved. I made custom deflectors to blow the noise and fumes aft.

My CG is way aft, and it takes very little trim to hold the bow up at higher speeds, which helps efficiency.
    My prop has also been worked to match the boat.
    I put a lot of work and money into this over the years. Overall, it's a pretty efficient setup.

David

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost forgot, I also modified the flywheel hub to make the timing adjustable.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great job and beautiful lake boat.
    Last edited by Blowerboy; 06-14-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Put a merc 2.5 280 with 15 mid , lighten it up and then you would be in the 90's. I loved that boat but the steering and pull to the left used to wear my arms out even with a torque tab.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blowerboy View Post
    Put a merc 2.5 280 with 15 mid , lighten it up and then you would be in the 90's. I loved that boat but the steering and pull to the left used to wear my arms out even with a torque tab.
    Unless my speedometer developed a 10mph error going from 82 to 92, it's already a 90 mph boat, in good conditions at least.
    Heck, it ran 82 on the bone stock motor, before all the mods and setup work I did over the years.

The steering pull is due to the surface prop, and it pulled to the right.
    I used to laugh whenever I'd let a girl drive it, and she'd start complaining about her arms after 15 minutes.
    The hydraulic steering cured that inconvenience, by the way. I can hold it on course with two fingers now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast