Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in my youth I had a CB500 semi chopped...6" front end ,6" pull backs and a King/Queen seat....loved that bike...at about 90 / 2up the front end would start to come off the ground...a little scary

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie459MN View Post
    Just a little old Honda CB750 that I built, 3 times now. So far, this is the longest its been like this without undergoing any kind of change or new look. This was before its bath so its a little dirty here. The joys of living in the country.

2. Likes Hippie459MN liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Hippie! I said Avon, you said Amon...wait wasn't it AMEN!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saviour_ridgearm.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	386363

4. Likes Hippie459MN liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby321 View Post
    Hey Hippie! I said Avon, you said Amon...wait wasn't it AMEN!

Name:	saviour_ridgearm.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	386363
    Yup, that what I meant. I even have a period correct AMEN gas tank that was on it at one time too. This was when I first put to together about 4-5 years ago with what I had laying around and what I got with the bike. Gas tank and all. Sadly it was the small 2 gallon tank and with how it sat on the frame, was only good for about 1.2 gallons, and had no reserve. lol Would get right around 45-50 miles. Now I have a sportster king tank on it and can put close to 3 gallons without hitting my reserve so I can go about 125 miles give or take. Sadly my reserve is only good for about 15 miles. But, something is better than nothing I say.

Here is my kid on it about 4 years ago.

This is the tank thats was on it. I still have it and not sure what im going to do with it yet. Kind of want to build another jap shopper. Something small and fun for ripping up and down main street.

-Kevin
    Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project CobraJet
    1977 Hydrostream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project.
    1982 Hydrostream Vector
    1982 Hydrostream Vamp
    1973 Hydrostream Vixen
    1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
    199? Glastron - aka Boat Anchor
    1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yup, that what I meant. I even have a period correct AMEN gas tank that was on it at one time too. This was when I first put to together about 4-5 years ago with what I had laying around and what I got with the bike. Gas tank and all. Sadly it was the small 2 gallon tank and with how it sat on the frame, was only good for about 1.2 gallons, and had no reserve. lol Would get right around 45-50 miles. Now I have a sportster king tank on it and can put close to 3 gallons without hitting my reserve so I can go about 125 miles give or take. Sadly my reserve is only good for about 15 miles. But, something is better than nothing I say.

Here is my kid on it about 4 years ago.

This is the tank thats was on it. I still have it and not sure what im going to do with it yet. Kind of want to build another jap shopper. Something small and fun for ripping up and down main street.

DAMN! Bring back those old great mems! A flush cap back then? On Sporty tanks? One of the most gorgeous tanks MADE even if didn't hold a lot of gas! Remember the "coffin" tanks? Had one on some bike before, forgot what bike. But I searched old school choopers image, But I'm clueless who made the DB frame with this "goose neck" Pic coming. But I rode with the Chicago Outlaws and a buddy had a 56 Pan, hard tail, king queen, with a 8 foot springer front end. It looked SO cool him and the GF along side him, and that Springer flexed too damn much for me. Thought break in 1/2! Love then old days! In my blood FOREVER! Pic the neck DB..

Name:	100_1053.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	414.7 KB 
ID:	386379

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Hippie? Ever do Sturgis? Think 1992 (CC to west coast and back to Ill, month long rides alone my road bagger). But stopped at Wall Drug for gas.Next me was 6 bikes. See this Sporty Ironhead hardtail, zero springs under solo seat? Look the plate and all from NEW YORK? Said aint yer butt and back hurt? Response?.."don't bother me one damn bit..its the ride to Sturgis! Many times been there late 80's, early 90's, but got too corporate to me with million bucks motor homes, towing show bikes that put on 100 miles a year. Wannabe's!

Heres a good vid, and EVERYWHERE in it I been there. And what sucks this? THERES NO HELMET LAW assholes.."pop the bucket:" (it aint whats on yer head, but WHATS IN IT!") Made 2008..

9. Likes Hippie459MN liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been to sturgis a few times but its been a while. Prob close to 15 years maybe. I keep telling myself next year but plans change usually or something comes up and cant make it. lol I agree on all the trailer queens. Last two times I did trailer out there with some people but glad we did. It rained like a bastard on the drive out there damn near for the whole drive. lol
    -Kevin
    Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project CobraJet
    1977 Hydrostream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project.
    1982 Hydrostream Vector
    1982 Hydrostream Vamp
    1973 Hydrostream Vixen
    1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
    199? Glastron - aka Boat Anchor
    1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Been to sturgis a few times but its been a while. Prob close to 15 years maybe. I keep telling myself next year but plans change usually or something comes up and cant make it. lol I agree on all the trailer queens. Last two times I did trailer out there with some people but glad we did. It rained like a bastard on the drive out there damn near for the whole drive. lol
    Don't mind trailers as did it with one my buddys to the 50th. Its gotten a bit out of hand now with the motor homes, enclosed trailers, but then again they got it made over tent camping! Just made it back to Glencoe (always camped end by the dragstrip) and just got the bike cover on and hit the tent when the hail hit! DAMN! LOTTA bikes in town had smashed left mirrors as small dents! Did a road trip back Illinois for a all year grad HS "last Blast" picnic (in the van with the dog, 27 days just wandering USA) 2006. Went through Sturgis and its REALLY gotton bigger! Still good ol' Sturgis though!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Heres one for ya all. My old stomping grounds western burbs Chicago. The friend mine that owned a Fab shop who welded up the DB frame of mine had Buzz Walneck (lived mile from me) show up Norms shop for some work to do to this "thing" Yep the ROADDOG. I had already moved west coast, so missed seeing it up close. Anyway, read on...

Roadog is a motorcycle built by engineer and motorcycle enthusiast Wild Bill Gelbke between 1962 and 1965. A total of two were built. Gelbke, who had attended engineering school in Wisconsin and at University of Southern California, had worked for McDonnell Douglas and also owned two motorcycle shops in Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. He wanted to create a motorcycle that was dependable and was able to cruise at highway speeds comfortably for long periods.[2] Gelbe constructed and welded the frame himself using 4130 chrome-molybdenum tubing, and equipped the machine with a Chevrolet 153 engine and GM powerglide transmission.[1] The shaft drive was constructed from a Chevrolet 1-ton truck differential that was cut in half.[1] The complete bike is 17 feet (520 cm) long and weighs 3,280 pounds (1,490 kg).[1] Due to its great size and weight, the bike is impossible for most people to steer until it is moving at a speed of at least 15 miles per hour (24 km/h), and when at rest it is held up by hydraulic rams that are deployed by the driver.
    Gelbke was known for riding the bike up and down Cicero Avenue and Addison Street in Chicago in the 1960s, and he made regular cross-country trips on it from 1966 through 1978,[1] logging over 20,000 miles in one year.[3] When Gelbe died in 1978, the bikes were put into storage.[1] Posters depicting Gelbke on a Roadog were a popular item among classic motorcycle enthusiasts; in the mid 1980s, motorcycle enthusiast and swap meet organizer Buzz Walneck began searching for the motorcycle, finally placing an ad in his monthly magazine Walneck's Classic Cycle Trader, receiving a tip and discovering a bike at the home of Gelbke's mother. He purchased it and has displayed it at his swap meets and motorcycle shows.[1] Walnek later sold his bike to the National Motorcycle Museum, where it is on display.

Name:	da171cd753405119f739f40120dbcb05.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	386412

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't ride anymore but I own/build/maintain/crew chief a 2016 Kawasaki ZX10R in the CMRA road racing series. Stepping up to the MotoAmerica series in 2018.

14. Likes CDave liked this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7