Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have "staked" at least 10 sets of pistons with no failures,tis afternoon I got a call from a good customer that said his motor smoked a piston after breakin, and told me the locater pin had sunk and allowed the ring to spin by the pin. Staking only keeps pins from coming out and destroying the bores by grooving or completley coming out and alowing rings to also spin and jump into the ports breaking rings. Pins that are loose have a bad habit of sinking into the wore out holes they were once a tight fit when new and allowing clearance for the ring to spin and do damage by the above methods.We are working with an infereror product here that has a multitude of problems with bad ring design ,bad alloys,wrong cam grind ( skirt taper, and the list goes on) and until the powers to be choose to spend the enginnering dollars to come up with a better design we all stuck with the hand we are all delt !

Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had 1986 GT 150 Johnson fitting with these pistons, the machine shop that bored the cylinders added clearence over what piston mfg recommends just to keep piston from sticking. The motor runs fine and strong, but sounds like a thrashing machine. Ask piston mfg.about this, they dont think they have problem.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weisco's

Clanton,
    Classic Weisco response!If they don't think or know they gotta a locater pin problem they're on dope and eatin dog food!

Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay,

I'll have to agree with you. We stake our pins on our race motors also. I have spoken to Noah @ eagle and heard tha a Keith Black piston is out. Have you heard anything on this?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keith Black

F1-48,
    I have heard rumers of the KB piston but have heard they were not a true forged piece. Aries and Venoiala have build a couple of custom pieces fo some friends of mine (2.7)but they come all but half way finished you put the locater pin in and you cut for rings , what have you heard ? Hopefully someone has heard our crys for the need of a better piston for these Hi Rpm motors with a cover up style end gap on the ring with a real two stroke cam grind ( taper on the skirt ) skirt!Also that is a turn key unit one that doesn't have to be machined or that you don't have to set up a vigual to find a ring to fit it and a ring that has a low outboard trust tention where it will "live" on the coated bores also.Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    I have contacted Mahle on several occations trying to talk them into going into production and becoming a distrubuter , even told them I would take delievery of 500 pistons and thier not interested .

Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the name was pro marine in florida. We to have had friends at venolia make up a set of pistons (not complete) they are still setting in the shop here. I have spoken to TRW and tried to get the castings for the old 2.0 and 2.4 pistons no luck! But for a minimum they will gladly run some. TRW had great forged pistons. With the re-pinning done today they might make for a good high RPM piston. What do you think?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Hi F1-48

There is indeed a hypereutectic piston out, and Keith Black is one of the manufacturers. I have sold a few sets of these and have a set in one of my own motors. I have heard nothing but good about them, and I'm fairly impressed with them myself.
    Rickracer

Sunshine Syndicate Member

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

[img]http:/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rickracer;

is this a piston with the hi-po cut on it and what kind of rings come with it or fit it....also, what kind of price are they ?

RIP Todd Carter, Ronnie, Galen...
    You'll never be forgotten

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Hi Dennymac

These pistons don't have the Hi-Po cut, they are stock , OEM quality replacement pistons made from better quality alloy. Several racers have been modifying them for racing use and have great success. The designer doesn't really recommend them for racing use, but everyone I have talked to that uses them has been happy with them, and prefers them over Wisecos. I sell them for $86.00 each, and they come with rings and wristpins.
    Rickracer

Sunshine Syndicate Member

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

[img]http:/