Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

One week on water with the new set up, and I am a happy lad.

I use the same prop as I used on my 350 Sci. A reworked REV4 (cupped, thinned and shorter tube) 25 pitch.

Since I need to run the proshaft much higher than with the HD case, the jackplate is moved up 1,5 inches. This translates to more slip at cruise speed. Before I managed 48-49 mph at 4,000 rpms. Now the speed is more 47-48 mph. However, its better at 5,000 rpms. Before 61-62 mph. Now 60-61 mph. Top speed so far is 86 mph at 7,040 rpms. Last year with the more heavy foredeck was 81 mph on a good day. Mostly 80,3-80,7 mph. Here we managed 86 mph out of the box.

The Sportsmaster really need to be run high. If the propshaft is even with the bottom, the top speed is only 82 mph, and the steering torque is there in spades. However, move it up 0,75 inches, the speed goes instantly up to 85-86 mph. And the steering is precise and silky smooth. Its essential not to use positive trim. Max 2 degrees. More than that the slip increases and the transom bury itself. The Sportmaster acts like a plow.

The weather conditions has not been ideal lately. Heavy cross winds of 15 ms, and its not been possible to do wot runs. Since the 86 mph runs I have water sanded the bottom with 600 grit, straightened out some nicks, etc. The speed at 5,000 rpms picked up 1 mph. I also blocked all the pvs plugs. Although it should not mean anything. Trond Schou told me that blocking all should reduce the slip a little. Hopefully we will get the slip down from 10% to 9% with the better bottom and this little trick. 1% less slip is 1 mph

I see I need a prop with more diameter. maybe the Max5 could be the prop? Other suggestions? It suprised me that the Sportmaster created so good bowlift, and allowed the ol lady from 1984 to fly with no positive trim I think the potential is 88 mph.

Enclosed some pictures of the boat and new interior.

Cheeers, Toffen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phantom P25 020717A.jpg   Phantom 400 Krsand B.jpg   Interior P25 2017.JPG  

2. Likes 4mulafastech, GoFast08 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffen View Post
    Hi!

One week on water with the new set up, and I am a happy lad.

I use the same prop as I used on my 350 Sci. A reworked REV4 (cupped, thinned and shorter tube) 25 pitch.

Since I need to run the proshaft much higher than with the HD case, the jackplate is moved up 1,5 inches. This translates to more slip at cruise speed. Before I managed 48-49 mph at 4,000 rpms. Now the speed is more 47-48 mph. However, its better at 5,000 rpms. Before 61-62 mph. Now 60-61 mph. Top speed so far is 86 mph at 7,040 rpms. Last year with the more heavy foredeck was 81 mph on a good day. Mostly 80,3-80,7 mph. Here we managed 86 mph out of the box.

The Sportsmaster really need to be run high. If the propshaft is even with the bottom, the top speed is only 82 mph, and the steering torque is there in spades. However, move it up 0,75 inches, the speed goes instantly up to 85-86 mph. And the steering is precise and silky smooth. Its essential not to use positive trim. Max 2 degrees. More than that the slip increases and the transom bury itself. The Sportmaster acts like a plow.

The weather conditions has not been ideal lately. Heavy cross winds of 15 ms, and its not been possible to do wot runs. Since the 86 mph runs I have water sanded the bottom with 600 grit, straightened out some nicks, etc. The speed at 5,000 rpms picked up 1 mph. I also blocked all the pvs plugs. Although it should not mean anything. Trond Schou told me that blocking all should reduce the slip a little. Hopefully we will get the slip down from 10% to 9% with the better bottom and this little trick. 1% less slip is 1 mph

I see I need a prop with more diameter. maybe the Max5 could be the prop? Other suggestions? It suprised me that the Sportmaster created so good bowlift, and allowed the ol lady from 1984 to fly with no positive trim I think the potential is 88 mph.

Enclosed some pictures of the boat and new interior.

Cheeers, Toffen
    Attachment 379315 "Very Nice"
    Wriggleys gum makes me think of boating, "Double your engines, Double your fun"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boat looks great and the background is picturesque.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic on all counts

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats fantastic looking. Is the boat on a lake or the sea. looks like a lake with the dark water but one never knows.
    If I don't ask any questions, I'll never learn anything.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

Thanks for kind words

The boat is located in Lillesand in Norway on the sea. Lillesand is in the south of Norway close to Skragerak (offshore).

I have approx 50 hours on it, and top speed is still 86 mph at 7,040 rpms, but now with two persons.

The prop I have is a reworked REV4 25 pitch which I bought second hand for my 350 Sci. It was tuned for a Airship RIB 28 footer. Its heavy cupped both close to the hub and on the tip. I have been reccommended to try a stock REV4 25 RXP, since its not cupped so much. I presume I will get this prop soon.

I need to run the propshaft at least 0,75 inches above the bottom with the REV4. No positive trim. Lower, the speed drops. Higher, the slip increases. So I am looking for a prop which carry the bow better at high propshaft height.

Have anyone tested the Max5 against props such as REV4, Turbo TXP, BLlades 4-Speed OB/FX, Bravo FS, etc?

Thanks!

Cheeers, Toffen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phantom Interior July 17.jpg   Phantom Dash July 17.jpg   Phantom25 Front July 17.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a cool rig there. Looks like a rocket in every picture.
    James H. W2F a V-King... Want 2 Fly a V-King

Dedicated Site for Hydrostreams >> http://hydrostreamforums.com/
    My Project 1979 V-King restore >> http://hydrostreamforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2761

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffen View Post
    Hi!

Thanks for kind words

The boat is located in Lillesand in Norway on the sea. Lillesand is in the south of Norway close to Skragerak (offshore).

I have approx 50 hours on it, and top speed is still 86 mph at 7,040 rpms, but now with two persons.

The prop I have is a reworked REV4 25 pitch which I bought second hand for my 350 Sci. It was tuned for a Airship RIB 28 footer. Its heavy cupped both close to the hub and on the tip. I have been reccommended to try a stock REV4 25 RXP, since its not cupped so much. I presume I will get this prop soon.

I need to run the propshaft at least 0,75 inches above the bottom with the REV4. No positive trim. Lower, the speed drops. Higher, the slip increases. So I am looking for a prop which carry the bow better at high propshaft height.

Have anyone tested the Max5 against props such as REV4, Turbo TXP, BLlades 4-Speed OB/FX, Bravo FS, etc?

Thanks!

Cheeers, Toffen
    Attachment 381577 "Looking Good"
    Wriggleys gum makes me think of boating, "Double your engines, Double your fun"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2