Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingadera View Post
    Ha! There's no way I could buy a fishing boat not even a John for the price I got this for. Seriously it's a no brainer for me. I've always wanted specifically this hull and now it's here. After all it's just fiberglass and I can build the thing new from the ground up all over again if I had to. It is what it is sorry if your feelings are hurt but not really either lol I am excited to see what I can do with it. I've never seen one of these made for fishing so it will be something different.

look at the bright side the shrimp in the livewell will be holding on for dear life!
    Ching, I understand fully
    Been down that road myself. I just threw it out as a thought. Not trying to dis anyone or start a controversial.
    Tunnels, if your neighbor ever has the lapse of judgement to send one of his "big bang thingies" our way, run up on the roof, wherever you happen to be living at that time, and see what we send back.
    Best of luck with your boat, Ching. Post some more pics as the project progresses.
    I'm out.
    18 Talon/2.4 carb SOLD
    26 Deck Boat/250 Merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I thought about posting pics but I was thinking it may be better to just do a before and after. I know most times folks can't see the vision of a project until it's completion and when I start cutting into this thing to replace the transom and all I have a feeling some will raise concerns about cutting into a classic lol.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by capt bart View Post
    you sure that ain't a rougarou ?
    Lol what the heck is that? Could be I guess lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol what the heck is that? Could be I guess lol
    it's kinda like a chupacabra except they hang around where boudreaux and thibodeaux do !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by capt bart View Post
    it's kinda like a chupacabra except they hang around where boudreaux and thibodeaux do !!!
    Lol!!!! I remember the guys I used to work with in the oil field always mentioned that coming after them! I forgot but when you said Boudreaux and Thibodeaux I remembered. lol luckily I have another lab that's a gaurd dog but she's always on break.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1379.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got in touch with the salesmen for my area at composite one. I haven't checked my email just yet but he was going to email me a price list on the materials I was looking at. Is there any other vendors in Texas that I should be getting material pricing from? I plan on building a deck mold and was thinking about using carbon fiber or aramid. I will at least do my hatches from carbon fiber for looks and talk lol. Would it be a good enough weight savings to justify the entire deck in it? I was going to try a resin infused lay up since I have a bunch of the needed equipment.

Have lived and worked in New Zealand ,Tahiti,Australia,Japan , south Korea, And now Suzhou in China
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I finally got in touch with the salesmen for my area at composite one. I haven't checked my email just yet but he was going to email me a price list on the materials I was looking at. Is there any other vendors in Texas that I should be getting material pricing from? I plan on building a deck mold and was thinking about using carbon fiber or aramid. I will at least do my hatches from carbon fiber for looks and talk lol. Would it be a good enough weight savings to justify the entire deck in it? I was going to try a resin infused lay up since I have a bunch of the needed equipment.
    And you sitting the new carbon fibre deck on a old polyester and chopped strand with woven roving made hull etc !! You can buy stick on carbon look alike decals just looks like the real thing !Some guy are covering the cars and pick ups and boats
    No one can tell the difference !! why would you want to waste you time making a carbon deck and hoping to save weight !
    And resin infusion you done lots have you ? and why would infusion make the deck lighter ??
    You do realise a carbon deck is going to be absolutely untouchable !!! It draws heat like you have never seen PLUS you will have problems with what ever the clear coat is that its finished with AND it will cook the infusion resin !So you had better specify to the supplier its got to be able to with stand very high temperature's

Not forgetting if you have kids going in the boat they could get badly burned !!! Bare skin on dark colours is a real sore experience

BUT you could just use it at night !!
    ARE you related to or a friend of trumps by any chance ?
    Last edited by tunnels; 05-03-2017 at 06:01 AM.
    Messing round with boats is fun !! the learning never stops ,even after more than 30 years there's always something new happening somewhere ! BUT somethings never change and some problems never go away and just keep reoccurring !!so moved into Composite Forensics , Now that something completely new !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never said the resin infusion would make the deck lighter. I just want to go that route because it's cleaner for me and less hassle with lay up and less mess once it's all set up. I feel like the resin goes farther that way too and helps prevent my own error. I want to save as much weight as possible because the boat Is maybe 350lbs and I need to be able to carry some items on the boat but still want performance. I may be setting it up to fish from but I don't want to compromise it's original design intentions or at least minimize the effects of added components to the boat.

Have lived and worked in New Zealand ,Tahiti,Australia,Japan , south Korea, And now Suzhou in China
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I never said the resin infusion would make the deck lighter. I just want to go that route because it's cleaner for me and less hassle with lay up and less mess once it's all set up. I feel like the resin goes farther that way too and helps prevent my own error. I want to save as much weight as possible because the boat Is maybe 350lbs and I need to be able to carry some items on the boat but still want performance. I may be setting it up to fish from but I don't want to compromise it's original design intentions or at least minimize the effects of added components to the boat.
    I will be very interested in this whole project for sure !! Please post lots photos all way through the whole excise including making the mould and specially the infusion . Good luck !
    Messing round with boats is fun !! the learning never stops ,even after more than 30 years there's always something new happening somewhere ! BUT somethings never change and some problems never go away and just keep reoccurring !!so moved into Composite Forensics , Now that something completely new !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The infusion part sounds good if you know how and have the stuff. A carbon fiber deck would not change the weight much, but would look real cool. I myself, would prob build it with biaxial and foam core. Underside of the hatches covered with carbon is impressive. People think the whole thing is carbon.... Put some coosa pieces where the cleats etc would thru bolt...Sounds like you have it under control, keep us posted with the progress..

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking from Experience, BEFORE ! you cut the deck loose on this boat, you must, must, have the hull supported in the shape that it is now. Bottom, sides etc.

Stripped mine, and when the deck came off, she spread open like a cheap hooker, now I'm doing double work to get her back in proper shape so I can start installing the core & transom.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thornl01 View Post
    Speaking from Experience, BEFORE ! you cut the deck loose on this boat, you must, must, have the hull supported in the shape that it is now. Bottom, sides etc.

Stripped mine, and when the deck came off, she spread open like a cheap hooker, now I'm doing double work to get her back in proper shape so I can start installing the core & transom.

Just sit the deck back in place then support the hull bottom mostly !! When its supported take the deck off again and set up properly as well so it to doesn't change shape very slowly over time

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you have excellent taste: a house full of Allisons and labs. That guard dog picture is hilarious, reminds me of my old black lab, the only way he could hurt anybody would be to lick them to death or sack them when he went in for a crotch sniff.

Matt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattGreen View Post
    Well you have excellent taste: a house full of Allisons and labs. That guard dog picture is hilarious, reminds me of my old black lab, the only way he could hurt anybody would be to lick them to death or sack them when he went in for a crotch sniff.

Matt
    lmao!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast