User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Have lived and worked in New Zealand ,Tahiti,Australia,Japan , south Korea, And now Suzhou in China
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by H20WKD View Post
    DW's Grandmothers first new car, registered every year since 1953....

We've been the custodians since 1976.

Bob
    My father had always been a ford fan and we always had ford cars, trucks, motors laying round ! even the boat he built had a merc v8 motor !! was magic to ski behind .
    My first job straight from school was working in the local ford garage in the parts department ! I stayed there for 10 years and became the part manager !.
    Messing round with boats is fun !! the learning never stops ,even after more than 30 years there's always something new happening somewhere ! BUT somethings never change and some problems never go away and just keep reoccurring !!so moved into Composite Forensics , Now that something completely new !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are things coming along with your Allison project , Chingadera ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for asking. I've got the boat ready to be flipped for fairing. I need to order deck material. I just got a job working two weeks on two off so hopefully after my first hitch I can get the decking ordered and flip the hull for sanding/fairing and gel coat. I go in for work Tuesday.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool !!! I'm glad to hear that you didn't bail on the project . It's pretty easy to do once you get started and then sit down and figure out the actual expense coupled with the monumental amount of work involved . Once it is finished and running , though , all of that goes away and the pride of owning something that was made by you , for you and is the only one like it will bring you joy for a long time . Oh , congratulations on your new source of fishin' money . I hope it works well for you .

Have lived and worked in New Zealand ,Tahiti,Australia,Japan , south Korea, And now Suzhou in China
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by capt bart View Post
    Cool !!! I'm glad to hear that you didn't bail on the project . It's pretty easy to do once you get started and then sit down and figure out the actual expense coupled with the monumental amount of work involved . Once it is finished and running , though , all of that goes away and the pride of owning something that was made by you , for you and is the only one like it will bring you joy for a long time . Oh , congratulations on your new source of fishin' money . I hope it works well for you .
    Exactly right the project is number one priority ,how much it costs in dollars and cents doesn't even come into it !!
    The work involved is pleasure enough and satisfaction of making something that you can be proud of and others with remark on
    is pleasure that you cant put a price tag on !!
    Messing round with boats is fun !! the learning never stops ,even after more than 30 years there's always something new happening somewhere ! BUT somethings never change and some problems never go away and just keep reoccurring !!so moved into Composite Forensics , Now that something completely new !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys! Yeah tomorrow I head out for two weeks. Finally a job after months of searching. I'm hoping when I return I can order the decking and get back on it on my two weeks off. Really looking forward to having it done and ready for rigging. I will try and get more pics up once I get the decking in and start fairing the outside.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hang on brother . hoping you make it out of this storm without a scratch !!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, my wife and I evacuated hopefully we didn't loose anything but looks like our home took a direct hit there in Aransas Pass. We are being told that the roads are impassable so not sure on the damage yet. I just got in from two weeks of work in west Texas and prepped for the storm as soon as I got home then left again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch !!! Good to here you and your wife are safe [hopefully the dogs too] . I've lived through many and lost plenty over the years so i kind of know what you are feeling right now . the pit in your stomach will go away and possessions lost will eventually be replaced but the important thing is that you and your loved ones are fine . I'm not currently in a position to be much help financially but if you want some information on dealing with the insurance industry thieves , the federal bad joke known as fema or you just want to vent about something PM me your number . Hang in there , brother . You're in our thoughts .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh - one more thing - keep every receipt and make a log of every expenditure you have . Take pictures of everything when you get home . The more documentation and proof you have , the better off you will be when it comes time to submit your claim . I know that it is hard to think about right now and you would rather go have a couple of adult beverages and wake up tomorrow and it was all just a bad dream but the insurance companies are working overtime to come up with ways to keep your money so you need to be prepared .

11. Likes W2F a V-King liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stole this from the internet . There is some good advise here . Hope you and your family are well !!!!

Dear Texas.
    Purchase a copier with fax options...it will be worth it weight in gold during this ordeal. It will save you time and money. Trust me. Gut your home immediately. Salvage what you can. Establish a daily log on your cell phone using the note app or something similar. With it you can log both written and pictorial records.
    Now will be the time for your local politicians to assist you all and let them know their seat of representation will depend on it. You are in for a long haul. Register with www.disasterassistance.gov immediately. They will assist with temporary rental and storage. Tip. Move in with a friend or relative. Establish a rental agreement and provide them with receipts. We're still recovering from the Louisiana 2016 flood. The above are just a few of the things we found very helpful especially that fax machine. It allowed us to get info to FEMA without delay. Fax with a scan option won't require as much paperwork handling on your part when providing FEMA required documents. Hope this helps someone. This is not second hand nor hearsay advice...hot off the press first hand experience. Beware of unscrupulous contractors especially out of town contractors. Give no money up front,ever. If they demand then take their pic, get their contact info, get a pic of their drivers license and plate number and then politely tell them you will be in touch. When they leave, report their AZ to the local board of licensed contractors. There's more but this will get you started. Prayers help and luck is good but money and assistance and wisdom and perseverance and patience is practical. Take care TEXAS. LOVE YOU GUYS.
    if I think of anymore helpful tips I'll post. Bye now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the helpful information and advice. Our home had some damage but is livable. It took weeks for power to be restored to our home. Luckily none of my boat projects were damaged. I haven't ordered decking material yet as I've been in clean up and repair mode. My property had 23 oak trees down 10"-36"+ trunks. One of which fell on our home. It was a mess. Life is slowly getting back to normal. Hopefully I can get back on the Allison soon and finish up the hull. I was so happy when I got home and it was in the same place I left it without any damage. There is allot of torn up boats here though. One of those dry stackable boat storage placed was basically destroyed a few miles from my place. It looks like spaghetti of iron and boats piled up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah , Chingadera , ATT finally got my internet service hooked back up today . They were even nice enough to leave the wire laying on the ground so that it would not get blown down in future hurricanes . You've got to love those union shop phone guys , always thinking ahead . I'm glad to hear that you made it through the storm . My house [and boat and everything else] made it through surprisingly well considering it is all located at ground zero for hurricane Irma . Sadly , the same cannot be said for many in this area . I've seen many storms in my 40+ years of living here , but nothing comes close to the massive destruction and devastation caused by this girl . Good luck to you , brother , keep your spirits up , I've got to get back to my chainsaw . No chainsaw tomorrow though . I get to take my friend to the hospital so that the orthopedic surgeon can make his wrist straight and his fingers work again . Some people will do almost anything to get out of working !!!!

Hang in there , someday we will look back at this and laugh - capt bart

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7