Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    can i ask some of you in the ass kissing club to reread chummys post and chaz's post. we seem to have some of you agreeing with Brads wear a life jacket or go home. then the same group of ass kissers agreeing with chaz's theroy the life jacket is not the issue here. the issue is the group gets cought up in the fun and the fun gets out of hand and **** happens.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Chaz ended his post with "boy put that jacket on"-I am really surprised that after you and your wife went out of the boat that you wouldn't agree with what I strongly feel is common sense. I assume that you're situation wasn't planned or anticipated. Brad and I ran side by side at the Suwanee and chased each other through the turns at speeds that were way faster then what you guys were going (like more then double) so we love the rush and fun just as much as the next guy. We both also know that if we would have come out of out of our boats that day- the jackets could only help. No one is out to be a killjoy and say stop going over 55 like our government will do if we let them. -If the deaths don't stop, we will become the next Europe with electric boats and no wake zones everywhere.

Joe

2. Thanks Chummy, hydrochicken thanked for this post
    Likes Chummy, hydrochicken liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/QUOTE]can i ask some of you in the ass kissing club to reread chummys post and chaz's post. we seem to have some of you agreeing with Brads wear a life jacket or go home. then the same group of ass kissers agreeing with chaz's theroy the life jacket is not the issue here. the issue is the group gets cought up in the fun and the fun gets out of hand and **** happens.

it is hard to agree with both views. either it is your decision to vest up or not. or its brads decision to decide for you. i am standing firm on it is my choice.
    [/QUOTE]

I personally see some good points to Chaz's post. Its a loong post with a lot of great content. Not saying I whole heartedly agree with every single word but he makes some great points. Very much unlike any of your post witch make zero sense to me and are full of childish name calling etc. I also liked his post because he gave me props for my sobriety and if you actually knew me you would know that its a good thing. Let me ask you a question Dave. Would your first words to me or anyone else who you dissagree with about this be "YOUR AN AZZHOLE" if the next time you crash your boat and get injured and I or any of us azzkissers pull you from the water and save you or your wife from drowning? God forbid that ever happens but for the record this azzhole and everyone else here that you crapping on would still have your back even tho you talk so much crap to us.
    Last edited by Hot Shot Merc; 04-26-2017 at 11:10 AM.
    Rob Lankford

1988 20' Action Marine 2.4 200

Previous owned boats worth mentioning

1976 17' Action Marine 2.4 200
    1984 20' Action Marine 2.5 200
    1983 17' Hydrostream V-King 2.4 Bridgeport
    2003 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280 /300 Drag
    2005 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280
    2005 Baja 23 Outlaw 6.2 Mercruiser
    2006 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 200 CARB/2.5 225 PROMAX
    2009 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 280

4. Likes Chummy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as a new guy and first event at RR last weekend, i have no say...

but, would like to attend future events... in my situation, im there for the fun and spectating. have an old jet boat max 60 mph..usually cruising 35-40. Im NOT going to wear a life jacket. I have them ready to go if need be. Been boating regularly for 40 yrs and heed toward safe driving.

will I not be allowed to attend? thanks in advance for letting me know.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thought here is that a life jacket can save your life. I know it is not law to wear a life jacket and therefore MOST of the time this can be your choice to wear one or to not wear one. I think the point behind this thread is 2 fold. Firstly, its smart to always wear your life jacket because you never know what can happen - and as people have stated, when you start your intentions are to cruise but there is always that other boat, seadoo, etc. that goes flying by that makes you want to smash the gas. Its human nature.

The second point of this thread is related to Brad. If you text or call your buddies and say you want to go for a ride, nobody is telling you to wear your lifejacket because nobody is liable. Same thing at some bigger events, i.e. the Jasper river run. Although its a posted event there is nobody that can be held accountable. The point here is, if Brad is organizing an event, of the few that he does, he becomes the accountable personnel should anything happen. If it gets posted here, started by Brad, organized by Brad, etc. should anything happen he is the person that gets the finger pointed at because he was the person responsible for the people at the event and therefore their safety. I can't say I blame him for taking every reasonable precaution to ensure the safety of the people attending an event that he organized.

7. Likes mrcrsr, dgscroggs, Chummy, KeninSC liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talonkid View Post
    The thought here is that a life jacket can save your life. I know it is not law to wear a life jacket and therefore MOST of the time this can be your choice to wear one or to not wear one. I think the point behind this thread is 2 fold. Firstly, its smart to always wear your life jacket because you never know what can happen - and as people have stated, when you start your intentions are to cruise but there is always that other boat, seadoo, etc. that goes flying by that makes you want to smash the gas. Its human nature.

The second point of this thread is related to Brad. If you text or call your buddies and say you want to go for a ride, nobody is telling you to wear your lifejacket because nobody is liable. Same thing at some bigger events, i.e. the Jasper river run. Although its a posted event there is nobody that can be held accountable. The point here is, if Brad is organizing an event, of the few that he does, he becomes the accountable personnel should anything happen. If it gets posted here, started by Brad, organized by Brad, etc. should anything happen he is the person that gets the finger pointed at because he was the person responsible for the people at the event and therefore their safety. I can't say I blame him for taking every reasonable precaution to ensure the safety of the people attending an event that he organized.
    You should change your username from talonkid to common sense kid.
    Rob Lankford

1988 20' Action Marine 2.4 200

Previous owned boats worth mentioning

1976 17' Action Marine 2.4 200
    1984 20' Action Marine 2.5 200
    1983 17' Hydrostream V-King 2.4 Bridgeport
    2003 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280 /300 Drag
    2005 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280
    2005 Baja 23 Outlaw 6.2 Mercruiser
    2006 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 200 CARB/2.5 225 PROMAX
    2009 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 280

9. Thanks talonkid thanked for this post
    Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHaulic View Post
    as a new guy . Im NOT going to wear a life jacket. I have them ready to go if need be.
    Not wanting to start anything here or tell you what to do or not do, but wow. Exactly where to you get the time to put it on?

Sorry Greg for using your blow over but maybe it may get someone to thinking. Look close you can see Greg's hat, radio, one of his shoes, Stuff happens fast you dont even get time to think.

Last edited by vnemous; 04-26-2017 at 11:15 AM.

11. Likes olboatman, JPEROG liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chummy View Post
    you will be asked.......
    You'll be 'asked'. Don't like it, then carry on.
    You never know what your faith is, until your faith has been truly tested.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never argue with an idiot, they'll beat you with experience and there's no pill for stupid!
    why ask me ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    Not wanting to start anything here or tell you what to do or not do, but wow. Exactly where to you get the time to put it on?
    figured I would get a negative comment... as a pleasure boater in a heavy 21' family cruiser who is spectating, unless my boat blows up I most likely will have time to put on jackets which are at arms length away as I drive. I assure you an incident will be no fault of mine while driving the boat. I see no "WOW" here? I saw a family deck boat also this past weekend (with beautiful girls aboard)...will they be "asked" to wear jackets?

...not trying to be a Dbag..promise!...just dont want to catch BS at a future event if i dont wear the jacket or be considered not promoting the jacket. you fast guys should always be wearing a jacket!!

just think a better definition of jacket requirement be presented...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nothing negative, we all have rights, Ive just seen and had it go bad quickly at less than super sonic speed. Dave on here rolled his boat at about 30 mph from what Ive been told. Dave correct me if Im wrong. Its good to have a civil conversation and hear each others views without it going full ballistic. JMO

16. Likes W2F a V-King liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHaulic View Post
    figured I would get a negative comment... as a pleasure boater in a heavy 21' family cruiser who is spectating, unless my boat blows up I most likely will have time to put on jackets which are at arms length away as I drive.
    I think making a "rule" probably increases his liability rather than decreases it BUT how much time do you have to put vests on if you get hit by one of the really fast guys and your boat literally does "blow up" around you? The problem being that severely injured or unconscious people can't put their own vest on no matter how much time they have.

18. Likes Chummy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David - WI View Post
    I think making a "rule" probably increases his liability rather than decreases it BUT how much time do you have to put vests on if you get hit by one of the really fast guys and your boat literally does "blow up" around you? The problem being that severely injured or unconscious people can't put their own vest on no matter how much time they have.
    thanks David, I totally understand! im always with my family so i see your point about getting hit by a fast guy...again, not to be a Dbag but maybe my family is safer not attending if i have to wear a jacket in fear about being run over...back to the sandbar! (oh and i dont drink alcohol at all...it is the devils juice!!)

had a great time and meet some really cool people and saw some really cool boats this past weekend!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemvegas View Post
    Mike. if i am the Dave that you are refering to rolling my boat a couple years ago at the Suwanee. it was much faster then 30mph. i at first thought it was about 65 to 70 mph. but the next time i went to the Suwanee and being a little cautious. i tried to run around the corners at 50 or so to be safe. boat drove like a mack truck. at 65 it did not steer any better. 2 hours later buzzing around the turns at 75 to 80 boat boat drove like it had power steering and floated on air. so my guess it was around that speed it spun out a flipped over. i am very thank full for all the help that day. my hand heeled up. port side long block, rear seat and port side windshield took a check to fix. did not see that wreck coming until it was half over with. but i still choose to not wear a life vest. if i feel i better put this vest on because i may crash this time. i am going to skip that ride and let that feeling pass. i go in 100% confident that i got this under control. the day i start to think i dont. i wont start wearing a vest. i will quit owning a fast boat.
    Yes Dave it was you I speak of and must have heard the story wrong, Bottom Line Im glad you and Lisa were alright

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not attending your events, mostly because I just drive an old, slow, fishing boat and also because it's just not my sort of event. I do a few local tournaments tough. Same rules. And I didn't get to be old and slow myself by NOT paying attention to safety. And anyone that doesn't want to abide by common sense and simple safety rules, probably won't fit in anyway. So the "PFD" is on when the big motor is running. No exception. Even in 95* Florida weather.
    I carry a gun because a cop won't fit in my pocket.

1987 Glasstream 15V
    1986 Mariner "Tower of Power" 115

22. Likes Tom Foley, delawarerick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The bottom line is this thread is to inform those that would like to go to Chummys get - to - gether will have to wear a PFD of some kind . Nobody really gives a crap why you don't wear a seatbelt or why you think we are pussys for wanting to wear one because if you don't want to wear one you are not welcome . It's really simple if you go to the first post . No judging here , I will be going and will wear one . Simple .
    Thanks for the post Brad .
    " The Fleet of Old Boats "

'73 -14' Orlando Clipper Skiff -Yamaha 25
    93- 18 ' Renegade Nomad Flats boat -Merc 150
    '94 - 21 ' Allison XB - 2003 -Merc 260
    '97 - 19 ' STV Euro - Merc - 260
    '99 Benninton 2375 TOONER - V-6- 2 liter 150 Mariner
    2001 Grady White 263 - Twin Yamaha 250 OX 66

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast