Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to this group and need help with lift.

Help anyone?
    I need help with bow lift.
    I love the boat but need help with bow lift
    2003 Champion 21SX
    225 opti.
    10" slide master
    25 tempest stock
    5600RPM @60 MPH gps.
    4.5" below thee pad
    Yep rods and tackle.
    All but the rods are in the back

Need more bow lift boat is not on the pad and to wet.

I have tried 23 Tempest 24 trophy and have had the motor 3" to 4.5" below the pad.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanx
    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5L15Gf5J63Ge3F83N1c5a7f23e203fa7d1ddc.jpg   ScreenHunter_01 Oct. 27 21.01.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Trophy is not going to help you there. That's a heavy boat and light on HP-(isn't it rated for 300?). How did the 23 Tempest do? Do you have access to a 24 Tempest you can try? You need more RPMs. Next choice might be a large diameter 4 blade-Bravo XS, Hill SL4, maybe a Rev 4. Might not get very much more, but you definitely don't need to lug that motor

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fish/ski is not really a bow flying boat. Your 10" setback is good....up to a point, more setback will increase bow lift. The Tempest is a bow lifter, as mentioned, maybe try a 24" to get the RPMs up and possibly get more tip cup added. I've never had much bow lift from a Bravo. Maybe look for a Solas Scorpion (S3). Its a large diameter prop with lots of cup and rake. They are stiff so try a 24 or even a 23. Are you getting enough trim? Maybe look at trim extenders or wedges but you will lose some negative trim so holeshot could be effected. I think 4.5" is way too low for max speed. You'll probably need to be 3.5"-2.5" below the pad. If the jack plate is not a power one, consider upgrading. It really helps on a fish/ski.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all BIG thanx for the reply to all..

Yep this boat is rated for 300 but the standard setup wad 225..If it becomes a opti pop then maybe an upgrade. As it is it's a lot light. as for the jack plate height I have had a lot of testing going on. The 25P has is a bit slugish getting it out of the hold. When I had the 23P and at 3.5 it would not hold... It would cavitate when the down came down. or in a turn. The Trophy would always hold. I looked up the Solas scoprion. Never heard anything about the Solas. I can try to find a 24 Tempest to borrow... Hard to keep throwing $ at it. Again thank for the help.

Jon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS I have trim extenders

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Get a promax 4 blade. They stay hooked up and will carry the bow if anything will.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THE solas scorp is high rake big diameter mine has great lift you might have a hook in botom put a straightedge on it. sure looks like its draggin.solas pitch # are 2'' under a 22 is really a 24 some boats have built-in hook so the bow will never lift its a design concept for ski boats makes for a smooth wake and slow planning speeds
    Last edited by Magcat 62; 04-18-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are u sure its a true pad-vee or just a notched transom design? no insult intended.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx for the reply and no insult taken. This is a vpad hull there is a hook. But this is a bass boat Champion 206 hull with a fish and ski cap. On BBC or bass boat Central there are a couple of the same boat that are getting 68 mph with the same setup. I am at 60 and at my whits end trying to find 8 mph. I am searching for a loaner prop Friends family or Company.. I found the prop gods in Fl that will do a loaner for $30 plus shipping. Seams reasonable. A while back here in MI there was a distributor that had a prop blow out and would go to the lake with a trailer of props and the techs would install them in the water a you could test then buy. Not may of them around cause of the web.

Thanx

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonl21sx View Post
    Thanx for the reply and no insult taken. This is a vpad hull there is a hook. But this is a bass boat Champion 206 hull with a fish and ski cap. On BBC or bass boat Central there are a couple of the same boat that are getting 68 mph with the same setup. I am at 60 and at my whits end trying to find 8 mph. I am searching for a loaner prop Friends family or Company.. I found the prop gods in Fl that will do a loaner for $30 plus shipping. Seams reasonable. A while back here in MI there was a distributor that had a prop blow out and would go to the lake with a trailer of props and the techs would install them in the water a you could test then buy. Not may of them around cause of the web.

Thanx
    Have you searched BBC? There is a multitude of knowledge on this site, but you might get better info on your hull at the other one. I have found a few posts/threads there discussing your hull. Most are running 60-62, with the occasional 68

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes started on the BBC and looked and requested info. I guess I was hoping the access the knowledge of this site where the are in the business of performance and technology. My biggest gold is to get the nose up and the hull out of the water. when the weather get warmer I will set the motor at 5.5" below and start the way up.. I have been told by a local prop guy who said get the prop lower to get a better bite. with less slip.
    Any input is greatly appreciated.

again thanx
    Jon