Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on what the smaller one is I would say? i twisted my prop shaft off my 200case 1.87 gears after 12 years of hard use with a 20ft boat and 250 hp. So if the small case is a 200 case and your power is a 150 on a Vector I would think you may as well use the smaller one its ready to go. it cost alot to get a cone put on and a PITA to do it your self. Since ya got a good deal on one just use it like ya stole it,, you should be fine with your light setup. Just keep the other one around ya cant have to many spare parts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO.... Stay away from the small one. If it is like the ones that came on the XR4 motors. Especially if you are going to surface it. Nothing wrong with the larger standard V6 "fish" motor LU. They nose cone well and hold up better than the smaller diameter LU...
    Last edited by W2F a V-King; 03-25-2017 at 05:38 AM.
    James H. W2F a V-King... Want 2 Fly a V-King

Dedicated Site for Hydrostreams >> http://hydrostreamforums.com/
    My Project 1979 V-King restore >> http://hydrostreamforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2761

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure it came off an XR4, the bigger one I have is a 1993 XRI 150 fishing motor. I have really thought about installing a Bobs cone on mine. I'm pretty handy , I've been doing bodywork for almost 30 years and have a brother who works in a fab/ machine shop so I'm pretty sure we could figure it out. My biggest worry would be where to drill the hole for the hose fitting, does the Bobs kit come with measurements or instructions?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, bobs just gives directions, with the cone, you can probably get the pdf from them, it does take some know how, I did my first one last year, just measure 20 time before you drill! I used vernier calipers to get my depth correct. be sparring with the epoxy, they give you just enough to glue on and fill water chamber. i tack welded mine in 5 spots, then body filled, if you have body work experience, and a bro who fabs, you will be fine! make sure you get it straight as an arrow! I clamped straight edges down both sides, and pulled exact measurements, mark them, then epoxy and triple check straightness! good luck! post pics of the process! also, I didnt tap and thread mine, I used 1/2 inch copper for water travel, and marine epoxy it, then filled over it!

5. Likes W2F a V-King liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2