Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr fun View Post
    yes, I can get contact info on the other contractor, he's doing major work on his home at the end of our street, just need to catch him. dealing with a dementia related episode with my mother as in in lost over night 2 nights ago. kinda got my spare time used up, but I want to help you as much as I can.
    Sorry to hear and thanks, take you time. I just modified the home plan to better fit my needs, only going with two bathrooms, and shifting a few rooms around in order to better my back and side yard pond views. Also arranged to have 27 ft on one side of the garage, should fit my 21 ft boat.
    INXS

88 Checkmate/Starflite/225 Johnson
    Member, The Paul Revere Society
    Always Live Life In Excess

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INXS View Post
    Sorry to hear and thanks, take you time. I just modified the home plan to better fit my needs, only going with two bathrooms, and shifting a few rooms around in order to better my back and side yard pond views. Also arranged to have 27 ft on one side of the garage, should fit my 21 ft boat.
    You may want to see if you can push that out to 30'. Not sure what your overall length is but my Talon 22 with a 300XS measures 29'6" from the hitch ball to the back of the motor. Don't do what I did and scrimp on a few feet, I now have a garage that's just deep enough to park my truck in because I didn't go an extra couple feet because I had shorter vehicles when we built the house.
    Mark

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
    You may want to see if you can push that out to 30'. Not sure what your overall length is but my Talon 22 with a 300XS measures 29'6" from the hitch ball to the back of the motor. Don't do what I did and scrimp on a few feet, I now have a garage that's just deep enough to park my truck in because I didn't go an extra couple feet because I had shorter vehicles when we built the house.
    Thanks, I was wondering what lenght I needed. Most likely will use the lenght, 27 to 30 ft, for my riding mower as my gated community has a fenced in RV and boat storage which costs me only $300 a year. Nice public ramp is about a mile from my house, Mantanza River inlet is about 6 miles, area looms nice and open at that point, not sure the wake zones though. Oh, also will store a small 12' or so lake boat as my community has a private 128 acre stocked lake, with boat ramp. Will use as much garage as I can take from house, have to speak with the on line house plan company as I like their one plan but want ti switch around a few rooms, go from 3 bath to 2 and set it up for my pond views on the right and on the back of my property. Lot is 70 by 200 deep and my house pplan is only 35 by 103. Will end up with 3 bdrm, two of which are masters, and two bath. Will have a good 30 ft or more to my only neighbor, to my left. Only other house is across.the stteet, set back a good 75 to 100 ft.
    INXS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr Fun, saw today that Forbs Magizine rated Jacksonville as the number 2 location in the US to invest in real estate. You called it so just a few yrs ago.
    INXS

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr Fun, saw today that Forbs Magizine rated Jacksonville as the number 2 location in the US to invest in real estate. You called it so just a few yrs ago.
    Rodger that, there are so many things to do here every weekend you just have to choose. the closer to the water you are the faster it happens. glad I could help you. fun out
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

6. Thanks INXS thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was kicking the garage lenght around and it looks like I can go to about 31 ft for the garage and still just make my comminities 2200 sq ft min of heated living space. Boat is 21 ft with an 8 " set back. Could always go with the 2 door Jeep as the tow vehicle in order to save a ft or two.
    INXS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was kicking the garage lenght around and it looks like I can go to about 31 ft for the garage and still just make my comminities 2200 sq ft min of heated living space. Boat is 21 ft with an 8 " set back. Could always go with the 2 door Jeep as the tow vehicle in order to save a ft or two.
    BTW, just saw that the state is paying for the beach sand and a sea wall right down the road from me. They will spend 60 million, part of A1A south of Flagger Beach will get a Sea Wall and will have A1A run right along the oceanfront while Flagger and others will get sand. I also see that a 80 million dollar resort, 5 Star, will be going up along the Hammock Beach Resort. Prices of property are up a good 15%, from land prices I have been tracking. Should have taken the lot on the ICW, could have had it for 140, was told by my agent, now they are listing as high as 240k, most are about 230k.
    INXS

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, here we go. Just had a good visit with Ray, taking a tour of his place he's re-modeling at the end of our street, He's adding 1600 sq ft to his home. his company has it's own cabinet shop, and can handle anything you may need. I explained you were looking for someone smaller to be more in control. He's a good ole boy from Va. belive me, he has visions and can connect you to the best vendors for your needs.

Ray Washington
    firstcoastent@bellsouth.net
    904-242-0100
    920 9th Street South, Unit A
    Jacksonville Beach Fl 32250
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, great timing, will arrive Monday and will call him. Wish I had more time, returning Friday. Anyway saw a good video on the Mantanza River and inlet, will post it when on my home computer. Seems to be some boats hanging on the sand bars. I am sure the areas boattimg community will grow fast with all the consyriction going on in the area. Water sure looks clean, said to be the cleanest on Fls east coast.
    INXS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, great timing, will arrive Monday and will call him. Wish I had more time, returning Friday. Anyway saw a good video on the Mantanza River and inlet, will post it when on my home computer. Seems to be some boats hanging on the sand bars. I am sure the areas boattimg community will grow fast with all the consyriction going on in the area. Water sure looks clean, said to be the cleanest on Fls east coast.
    Back from my trip, only had 4 short days to look atound. Area is booming big time. Thanks again everyone, ended up pretty much going with the neighbot, Skyway builder. Just too much to check them all out, thanks for the help anyway Mr Fun. The guy we will use has a great rrp, builds very nice homes. Plan on the house being finished in 9 months, builder is backed up rigjt now. Price will be locked in, nice. He said costs are rising, his cement just jumped up 5k. Got to see the Mantanza inlet, very nice, clear, water. Boat ramps are top notch, free. Inter Coastal is also very nice. Lots of Mc Mansions going up everywhere, my house will be just under 2600 sw ft heated space, 2580 if I recall.
    INXS

12. Likes mjw930, sonicss33 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back from my trip, only had 4 short days to look atound. Area is booming big time. Thanks again everyone, ended up pretty much going with the neighbot, Skyway builder. Just too much to check them all out, thanks for the help anyway Mr Fun. The guy we will use has a great rrp, builds very nice homes. Plan on the house being finished in 9 months, builder is backed up rigjt now. Price will be locked in, nice. He said costs are rising, his cement just jumped up 5k. Got to see the Mantanza inlet, very nice, clear, water. Boat ramps are top notch, free. Inter Coastal is also very nice. Lots of Mc Mansions going up everywhere, my house will be just under 2600 sw ft heated space, 2580 if I recall.

9 Months???????
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

14. Thanks INXS thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flabum1017 View Post
    9 Months???????
    Yep, that's the standard commitment around here for residential construction from all but the national builders who have their own trades locked up. Been that way for at least a decade.
    Last edited by mjw930; 05-06-2017 at 10:01 PM.
    Mark

16. Thanks INXS thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skyway has a good reputation and are one of the few builders in Palm Coast that survived the crash. Good luck and congrats.
    Mark

18. Thanks INXS thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, that's the standard commitment around here for residential construction from all but the national builders who have their own trades locked up. Been that way for at least a decade.
    Good friend, local contractor will build anything in 3 months.... that's the bad about big builders, long waits. Screw that, get a local small guy with pride and get it faster and better.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

20. Thanks INXS thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flabum1017 View Post
    Good friend, local contractor will build anything in 3 months.... that's the bad about big builders, long waits. Screw that, get a local small guy with pride and get it faster and better.
    Good for you but this isn't Lauderdale. We interviewed 10 builders of all sizes 10 years ago in this area and every one of them quoted 9 months. That included 1 man GC's to large builders doing 60 homes per year. I agree it's twice as long as it should take but it's the way things work in this neck of the woods.
    Mark

22. Thanks INXS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast