Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK,back from the sticks and ready to get Itchy again.got me a new tool-4.5" mini saw to get to the wood way up under the front.reg skill worked up to their,but now I can go all the way to the bow light.hopefully the core this far up will be good.i`m without a oscilating tool right now.burned 2 of the good ole harbor freight ones right up.Just gonna bite the bullet and buy a good brand name one,fein,Dewalt.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tunnels, thanx for your reply to me.I know the pics leave a lot to be desired.hoping when u have time to give your $0.02.I will be working on the remaining foam in the floatation boxes.got one box 98% out,i cant fit back in the little space.working with deck on!!!got the vac out and did a once over so I can see whats going on.hoping to start doing a little grinding and go back and check where I missed getting the old balsa out.
    Last edited by J.R.; 05-06-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well the recore has finally whipped my but.I bit off more than I can chew.my physical condition has me against the wall.I will be looking for a ready to roll hull.Mabe I can find a glass guy who would be interested in completing the job.I have done the hardest part,and just cant proceed any farther.I need a rotator cuff operation.thx for all that provided their expert opinions.

Have lived and worked in New Zealand ,Tahiti,Australia,Japan , south Korea, And now Suzhou in China
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    OK,back from the sticks and ready to get Itchy again.got me a new tool-4.5" mini saw to get to the wood way up under the front.reg skill worked up to their,but now I can go all the way to the bow light.hopefully the core this far up will be good.i`m without a oscilating tool right now.burned 2 of the good ole harbor freight ones right up.Just gonna bite the bullet and buy a good brand name one,fein,Dewalt.
    Obviously your working and creating loads of dust I don't know of any grinder that can handle that kind of dirty work , sO FEQUANTLY you need to use compressed air and thoroughly and completely blow the dust out of the grinder other wise it completely clogs the air passages inside and all round the windings and theres no cooling taking pace and gets really hot as in smoking ! CHEAP OF EXSPENSIVE MAKES NO DIFFERENACE ONE IS NO BETTER THAT ANOTHER THEYA LL BLOCK UP WITH DUST !!
    Messing round with boats is fun !! the learning never stops ,even after more than 30 years there's always something new happening somewhere ! BUT somethings never change and some problems never go away and just keep reoccurring !!so moved into Composite Forensics , Now that something completely new !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear you are having a bad time with it. Knowing when to say when is a hard decision to make. Smart of you to know your limits and stop. Hopefully you can get it finished one day. Lots of guys in good physical condition have folded and given up, so your not alone. It's a crappy job rebuilding these old boats. Get better soon JR....

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

6. Thanks J.R. thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also am sorry to hear of your issues. I'm 71 and having health issues, as is my wife. My project is about 80% complete and haven't touched it in over a month. I hope to be able to start back on it soon. My first build was a Bullet which took around 3 yrs due to family issues. You can do it by working just a little at a time. Best wishes and best of luck to you whatever you decide.
    Speed cost money. How fast you wanna go?
    I have done so much with so little for so long, I can now do the impossible with nothing!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thx guys,might be looking for a turn key hull LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    thx guys,might be looking for a turn key hull LOL
    I get that... You will do what you need to. Limited health here as well...couple hours a day is it, and not every day in a row. Don't give up on wanting your fast boat ride in whatever boat you go with.
    James H. W2F a V-King... Want 2 Fly a V-King

Dedicated Site for Hydrostreams >> http://hydrostreamforums.com/
    My Project 1979 V-King restore >> http://hydrostreamforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2761

Have lived and worked in New Zealand ,Tahiti,Australia,Japan , south Korea, And now Suzhou in China
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yip old age catch's up with us all sooner or later !! When im planning all and any work these days the hardest parts are always first to get done and then I cruise with the rest . Its a mental thing knowing the easy part is still to come !!coupled with determination and never giving up !!
    Messing round with boats is fun !! the learning never stops ,even after more than 30 years there's always something new happening somewhere ! BUT somethings never change and some problems never go away and just keep reoccurring !!so moved into Composite Forensics , Now that something completely new !!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5