Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

21 Seebold Prop

Hi guys, I believe what I have now is a 26 chopper, I have been told that it is more than likely not the right prop for the boat.

Since this picture was taken it now has a new 2.5 200 EFI on it. What would you guys suggest for a prop? I'm not racing the boat or anything, just looking to get what I can get out of the boat.

Lastly, whats my best way to figure out the proper height on the jack plate. I just want to get the right height and leave it.

Disregard the seats, those are coming out

Last edited by Frenchy83; 03-10-2017 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prop science.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchy83 View Post
    hi guys, i believe what i have now is a 26 chopper, i have been told that it is more than likely not the right prop for the boat.

Since this picture was taken it now has a new 2.5 200 efi on it. What would you guys suggest for a prop? I'm not racing the boat or anything, just looking to get what i can get out of the boat.

Lastly, whats my best way to figure out the proper height on the jack plate. I just want to get the right height and leave it.

Disregard the seats, those are coming out

have you tried it Yet?
    PROP SCIENCE IS ALL DONE BY TRIAL AND ERROR......UNLESS YOU TRY IT YOU NEVER KNOW.
    MOTOR HEIGHT IS THE SAME DEAL ......YOUR BOAT WEIGHT AND NORMAL LOAD WILL CHANGE THIS POSITION AND EACH PROP MAY NEED THIS TO BE DIFFERENT AS WELL ...SO......START PLAYING AND TESTING ALL THE INFO YOU NEED IS HERE IN THE PAGES OF SCREAM AND FLY.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some props to try if you can borrow them : Mazco re 3 and re4, merc et, omc srx 27 and 29 merc trophy. as stated try what you have and as many as you can borrow. You may want to ry a little more setback if your steering cables will allow it another 4" might make a nice difference. What is the max prop shaft height you have tried so far? trim your motor so the prop shaft centreline is parallel to the bottom pad of the hull and measure from the prop shaft centerline to the bottom of the center sponson of the hull . start with the propshaft even with the hull and move up a 1/4" at a time and see how it runs. Make sure you have a working water pressure guage and low water pickup for this. if you do not have a low water pickup, start at 1.5" below the center sponson and keep a close eye on your water pressure. also the higher you go , the larger prop you can run. Those are great hulls , enjoy!

Steve
    Last edited by panther150; 03-14-2017 at 01:03 PM.
    1993 Cougar 21ft MTR Superbender SHO

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a seebold with a 2.4 ...I have not ran it much but I got it with a 2.4 and it had a 26 chopper the guy be for me said he tested a few and stuck with that one ......as far as setback ..a lot of ppl have told me the seebold tunnels like a lot of setback 10 to 12 inches ...mine has a 8 inch manual jack on it but I just got a 10 inch hydo I hope to get done in about a month a have a bunch of props and I'll let you know what works best as soon as I test my boat