Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Another nail in the coffin,whiners win.What was being offered was a"part of a rotating assembly" any fool knows that when you change a piston or rod in a balanced engine it is no longer "balanced" IMO due to the size and shape of the part it would be very unlikely to effect the overall balance.Hell I sent six Merc 260 flywheels out for balance,three were very close one was so so and two were way out! A lot of these have had the hubs,ring gears, replaced or been apart and not indexed properly.So don't assume when you buy a used Merc one it's good for 10000 RPMs.Point is,you were being offered a PART! It's up to you to decide weather to use it,or lose it.This guy was not out to get rich,he was trying to help our sport.---btw if ya decide later to sell a couple "parts" pm me.Bob

2. Thanks lwilde.0422 thanked for this post
    Likes lwilde.0422, whipper liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well just read the whole thread something I rarely do! haha My hat is off to you Lwild I think what your doing the world need more of!! People trying to make some bread doing what they love doing. Remember this. There are always people who will try and keep you down! No one wants competition and everyone gets jealous when someone can do something better and cheaper than them! Every innovator that has been successful has had to endure these rants and rages so keep on doing what your doing because I for one am very interested in the things your doing. That said then statistically there must me more you just haven't heard from. Also agree with the testing part of things makes sense and your du diligents seems perfectly correct as what your doing with these {flex plates} until further testing. Like some have said its a part that might need balancing depending on how high they want to spin them. Sounds like you have guys willing to help ya in that department also. Your machine work looks awesome!! i cant wait to try those T stat washers you made they look so sweet!! R&D and innovation good for you!! Keep it up you'll do great things with your common sense and great work! You should have a company name and get a supporting vender membership for hear. Theres tax and intensives in doing so also? If you get that R&D down for your products a bigger name might want to help you sell them with more volume? Tool up there bud I like {LOVE} the looks of your workmanship . i see what some mean on testing just a small stumbling block. Im sure with your attitude you can make your products pass the tests to put everyone at ease . Gota start some were!!

4. Thanks lwilde.0422 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your comments and compliments. I really appreciate the support. You are correct. I will, and have, received both great support and then absolute insults and threats. They have not stopped me yet. There is alot of room for innovation in this community. Most of us are running parts made before 1995. That was 22-years ago! You will love the transition from your current T-stats to the ones headed your way now. Once I get testing completed on these plates I will repost them. Thanks again Whipper!

6. Likes whipper liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5