Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Insane-o View Post
    Aaaaaannnnnnnyway you thread crappers.......... hey Bob where you get the fuel tank?
    Ebay special.The company (RCI)has a bunch listed every week.No one was bidding on this one got it for $91 shipped! Weighed the SS today.Ready to go,jack plate,battery,half tank of fuel,no seats,rub rail,engine 870 pounds.Little heavy,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	335.9 KB 
ID:	370938Click image for larger version. 

Views:	35 
Size:	311.1 KB 
ID:	370939 but this thing IS built like a tank!
    Next, the engine goes to the scale!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	59 
Size:	409.7 KB 
ID:	370940Click image for larger version. 

Views:	35 
Size:	398.3 KB 
ID:	370941

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of horses for 364 lbs. Now I see what you did with the turnbuckles

Have lived and worked in New Zealand ,Tahiti,Australia,Japan , south Korea, And now Suzhou in China
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Have a nice day all !

Quote Originally Posted by Robby321 View Post
    "Weigh" off............
    What does the dehumidifier weigh?

Model DH70: 65 lbs.
    Model DH95: 73 lbs.
    Even if the dehumidifier weighed 100 pounds doesn't matter because you leave it at home !! Plus all the moisture it has extracted from inside your boat ,not forgetting all that beautiful dry air under the cover so don't forget to add another few pounds for the water you leave behind as well !
    Messing round with boats is fun !! the learning never stops ,even after more than 30 years there's always something new happening somewhere ! BUT somethings never change and some problems never go away and just keep reoccurring !!so moved into Composite Forensics , Now that something completely new !!

Have lived and worked in New Zealand ,Tahiti,Australia,Japan , south Korea, And now Suzhou in China
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, ever think (unless vacuum bagged) just what replaces the dry air now? Damn right normal moisture laden air back again! Nature will fill any vacuum. And what does a DM do? Heats the air. Condensed water and released? Soon back. Kinda reminds me hot and humid, cold air storm going to tornado's raise the heat.

Here ya go..
    "Dehumidifiers are great way to combat household mold and lower mold growth in your home. To be clear, dehumidifiers are designed to remove moisture from the air, not cool it. Unfortunately, the way they remove this moisture is to reheat the air to further dry it after it releases its moisture. Basically, the room-temperature humid air enters the dehumidifier, where it’s then cooled to its dew point, which results in its releasing its moisture. This dried air is then heated by the combination of latent heat of condensation, which is a natural result of the process, and by circulating through the condenser where heat is exchanged from it to the air. There’s also some additional heat generated by the dehumidifier’s air compressor. The overall result is that the air going back into the room might be warmer than it was going in, usually around 10 to 15 degrees. -.."
    Are you a trump voter ?
    Messing round with boats is fun !! the learning never stops ,even after more than 30 years there's always something new happening somewhere ! BUT somethings never change and some problems never go away and just keep reoccurring !!so moved into Composite Forensics , Now that something completely new !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Damn right..are you a Snowflake needing a safe space? STOP HIJACKING A GOOD BUILD THREAD . We all aint stupid ya know..so?

Attachment 371015
    ok ! seeing your a trump voter that explains a lot !
    Never hi jacked this site just gave some friendly advice of keep the carpet in his boat dry and wont smell ! plus has the benefit of drying every where else as well !THIS IS THE END OF THIS STORY !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnels View Post
    ok ! seeing your a trump voter that explains a lot !
    Never hi jacked this site just gave some friendly advice of keep the carpet in his boat dry and wont smell ! plus has the benefit of drying every where else as well !THIS IS THE END OF THIS STORY !!
    WOW-I will keep my mouth shut on this one...

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ☀Looking forward to seeing it this summer, and thanks for the tank link. Had the perfect one for my methanol.
    Last edited by Capt.Insane-o; 04-02-2017 at 08:12 PM.

9. Likes outasite liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by outasite View Post
    I like methanol,whatcha got!
    Me... Ummm nothin'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Bob. Saw yer post Ally Weight. About what I was thinking, and 100 over you? No big, as with the HP coming on soon..(DAMN YER FAST the work! ).

But a question on the deck back on. OK, rivets, Rub rail on. Sealed in anyway, as not say 5200 for a "never get this off again". Curious that, if any seal. BUT! Deck to hull splash well? The rubber ends. Can ya clue me in that "how sealed" Said before was nothing. Inquisitive minds want to know.

BUT THE MOST? WAYYYYyyyyyy back in 74, had same. Ill Chain of lakes. We STARTED the Thursday nite boat drags at Blarneys Island. 1/3 the size now the "Island".

Ya done DAMN FINE WORK..FAST! NOW...?? NEED A VID at WOT, and "smile for the camera". Come back (old now, moved west coast) Ill my digs a kid. Hit Blarneys Thurs nite, Punch it off OB drags. DAMN, I MISS that place, as the people and great food! Be well, and "thanks for the memories" (NEVER EVER should have sold my SS17, new XS..simple I loved that boat)..Just a young dumass kid..(still am at 67..

Second pic is my buddy Glenn in the jet 460 CV23, party boat, and we got the new Yammy 400 Jet ski. Out in the bay just playing with it. Thing is, we were ALL motorcycle riders, an did OPPOSITE what to turn a Ski. MC? Lean, steer right to go left. The Ski? HA! My childhood (we built mini bikes as kid) friend (still is to) Good old Eddy figured it out fast! TURN LEFT, TO GO LEFT AND GAS IT.

Name:	Switzer I bought from Glenn001.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	371131

Name:	swit and glenns boat.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	371132

Name:	Fox Lake pix Ed 3.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	371133
    Last edited by Robby321; 03-30-2017 at 08:44 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Robby,for better or worse the deck was sealed with a bead of 5200 and 200 3/16 rivets.The splash well was bonded to the transom with three layers of mat and west epoxy slow dry.Every nook and cranny that could let a drop of water in is sealed.New drain sleeves were installed and sealed.The floor drain through the transom was omitted and a new one through the floor to the lower level was installed.The new floor is glassed on the bottom side as well.I don't see anyone needing to split that hull Untill long after I'm gone.-----Your pictures!!!! THOSE WERE THE DAZE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure the hull if protected weather should last so long it NEVER will need a split again! Put it this way..

"How long will it last"
    They will last as long as it takes ice to melt.

Which is to say, it all depends on how you keep it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robby321 View Post
    pretty sure the hull if protected weather should last so long it never will need a split again! Put it this way..

"how long will it last"
    they will last as long as it takes ice to melt.
    Ch is to say, it all depends on how you keep it. :d

(and if you keep it dry will last even longer !) !http://commutercruiser.com/which-deh...er-for-a-boat/
    Last edited by tunnels; 03-31-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    HA! Ya can't even C+P right? Have to admit I love "entertainment" another in life. And ya DAMN good "materials" for a comedian! Don't mess with the big chickens here..they will have to...

And I bet you carry a gun!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippie459MN View Post
    I thought everybody did. I do.
    I am glad you are where you are ! the craziest nation of people on the planet , You must feel scared and naked if you go to another country

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast