Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introduction

This was closest to a general thread that it looks like folks might visit. I just joined forum a bit ago, but been lurking for a while. I finally bought a new Liberator, after making myself wait over over 20 years (yeah, TWENTY) after first seeing one at the Houston boat show many years ago, when Merc EFI's were the newest thing. Dave is putting together a 21 for me with a 300 optimax. I picked this over the 400 Merc because of weight, rpm limit, and lack of a 1.62 drive for the 400. Dave knows I want to do 100 in the boat, and we're propping it for this, with another prop for things like, water skiing or other silly things that are fun on the water. I gave serious thought to putting two engines on it, but some sane part of my brain stopped me before I spent the extra 20k. If I decide I need to go faster, I'll put something else together that only seats one person, because everyone I know has said they won't get in a boat doing 100mph with me, at least not on purpose....

Because I don't want to be messing around with wrenching a jack plate around every time I want to change the set up, we opted to go hydraulic for that. Any of you in the Houston metro area, I hope to see you on the San Jac or Conroe this spring and summer.

I own an auto speed shop in Houston, but don't see myself getting crazy off into fast boats other than this one. Of course that's what I said when I bought my Evo.... and all kinds of craziness went down with that car.

My bad. Someone please move it for me so I'm not "that guy"
    Cheers.
    Last edited by kozmic27; 02-20-2017 at 11:59 PM. Reason: request to move post to lounge

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the site. You have already been bit by the speed bug so now ya gonna do it wet. I would move it for you but I haven't a clue about puters.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll keep an eye out for your boat around here(San jac etc).

If you see a red/white bullet with a 15" promax or a red/orange/yellow/grey Allison xr2001 with a 15" 2.5 that's me. We have a great group of people down here that run on the rivers in the area you'll have a blast. We'll run from loves all the way to the the battleship and the San Jacinto monument really cool to see from the water.

Holler at me
    robert cotton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also what speed shop? I raced cars for a long time but been out of it for a while.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Robert. I will look for you. I haven't been to Loves in almost 20 years. I don't think I could have named it had you not mentioned it. I used to live off of 90 near 610 and thats where we used to put in. Had a bass boat then, and I didn't even like to fish. Had kids, so no go-fast. Kozmic Motorsports in the Willowbrook area is my auto shop. We do mostly Japanese high performance cars like GTR's, STI's, Evo's, and some random exotics. Ran our Evo at the Texas Mile in 2013 and did 200.8mph. Our 2007 STI did 179.8 in the half back in October. Our GTR is slow. It only runs 10.20s.

So yeah, now I want to go fast on the water. The boat should be ready by the second week in March or so. I keep asking my wife it is spring break yet...