Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Dale,
    Can i come and play with these bad boy 600hp motors????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3389.jpg   IMG_3390.jpg   IMG_3391.jpg   IMG_3388.jpg  

Double
    Rigged
    308 Skater w/400r’s
    Over-Kill

2. Likes Capt.Insane-o, NICE PAIR, Davidlake liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You won't even be allowed in the same sandbox as the rest of us if you bolt a pair of those on the back of your 30 Ron!

4. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those look badass.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt that any stock twin 300 boat will compare with 400s. Even your beloved skaters are 8-10 mph faster with 400's. The deep tunnel boats will go through rough water better, but that is about all. I have ridden in a 28 skater and the low speed handling was atrocious. At anything other than near top speed, it would not stop porpoising. If you know anything about tunnel boat design, you would realize that a shallow tunnel will accelerate faster and have higher top speed that a deeper tunnel of the same design and type. I am not building my boat for offshore or rough water use; it is for pleasure use, great for the delta or Havasu. In any case, unless your friend has a sub 4000 lb race boat, a good 28 speedster with 200 more hp will easily walk away from it. Your assertions attempt to defy facts; after all, it is just high school physics.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by conmax View Post
    I doubt that any stock twin 300 boat will compare with 400s. Even your beloved skaters are 8-10 mph faster with 400's. The deep tunnel boats will go through rough water better, but that is about all. I have ridden in a 28 skater and the low speed handling was atrocious. At anything other than near top speed, it would not stop porpoising. If you know anything about tunnel boat design, you would realize that a shallow tunnel will accelerate faster and have higher top speed that a deeper tunnel of the same design and type. I am not building my boat for offshore or rough water use; it is for pleasure use, great for the delta or Havasu. In any case, unless your friend has a sub 4000 lb race boat, a good 28 speedster with 200 more hp will easily walk away from it. Your assertions attempt to defy facts; after all, it is just high school physics.
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Bring your Speedster/400R rig up here to the Delta when it's done, along with $10,000 cash, and I will bet that you can't stay with me in Dan's 28/300XS rig. Put a video camera on the deck of your boat facing forwards, so you can show everyone how you lost $10k. We'll even go out on a weekday, when the water is smooth so you can't say it was because the water was too rough for your centerpod boat. Oh ya, and btw, Dan's boat is a sub 4,000# rig, just as my old 28 Skater is - and neither one are raceboats. Please take me up on this bet, I could use the $10k towards my Skater conversion project.
    Last edited by Rayzor; 02-18-2017 at 08:29 PM.

8. Likes JOSEPH SHULMAN liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess that because of the weather, we can't boat much so spend time arguing on forums. Kind of a vicarious way to vent frustrations. I am not foolish enough to bet 10K on some stupid personal boat race. I am sure that with 20k cash floating around, there would ways, maybe even criminal, to ensure that one or the other got the money. In a high crime city, Stockton, only 20 miles from you, 10k could easily get someone robbed, and 20k maybe murdered. Not saying you or you friend would do that, but you do seem to need the 10k, as you stated. BTW, what are you converting your 30 skater power to? Couldn't be 400 outboards, could it? After all the trash about the 400's weight and the superiority of inboards, I am shocked. Must have to eat a lot of crow for that, although I would agree if your choice is outboards.

I think that RGR boat, which seems to be a great design, is either a 30 or 32' boat and fairly wide. It seems almost impossible, w/o being a purpose race boat, to achieve a sub 4000 lb weight, rigged and with only 20 gallons of fuel. Do you have picture of this boat on the scales? If it is really that light, surely someone must have a pic. I believe the 308 skaters, MTI 32, DW 32, all weighed around 5800.

Your buddies hull would have to be under 2000 to have a rigged weight of under 4000. As a general rule, you can generally double the bare hull, deck, bulkheads and tanks weights as an approximation of rigged weight with a splash of fuel. Maybe this is some special boat with no windshield, one racing seat, no carpet, and a 6 gallon portable outboard tank.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a complete idiot........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
    Don't do it, Mercury will void your warranty. That's why none of the 400R boats have that setup on them. This was told to me explicitly, over and over again by Pete at Skater. Mercury is adamant that the motors stay completely stock, using the gearcase pickups to supply water to the motors. You can't even install your own wingplates on the motors - the 400Rs that are ordered for twins come with the wingplates already installed (you probably already know that). I've even heard rumor (which I don't believe to be true) that Mercury wants only their props run on the motors to maintain the warranty. They're very touchy when it comes to the warranty on these new motors.
    I'm with Dale.....don't touch the motors in any way !!!! No reason to !!!! I'm not. They're awesome stock.
    [SIGPIC]

2010 STV RR 300xs
    2008 DCB F32 twin 1100 Teagues #6s
    2008 Eliminator 22 Daytona twin 300xs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullhead Bully View Post
    I'm with Dale.....don't touch the motors in any way !!!! No reason to !!!! I'm not. They're awesome stock.
    Congrats on your 28SS Paul! Your rig is bringing some big #s......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your 28SS Paul! Your rig is bringing some big #s......
    Thanks Dale, It's a good start...I have a ways to go. My boat is a heavyweight. And that's ok. I love how it works.
    [SIGPIC]

2010 STV RR 300xs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess that because of the weather, we can't boat much so spend time arguing on forums. Kind of a vicarious way to vent frustrations. I am not foolish enough to bet 10K on some stupid personal boat race. I am sure that with 20k cash floating around, there would ways, maybe even criminal, to ensure that one or the other got the money. In a high crime city, Stockton, only 20 miles from you, 10k could easily get someone robbed, and 20k maybe murdered. Not saying you or you friend would do that, but you do seem to need the 10k, as you stated. BTW, what are you converting your 30 skater power to? Couldn't be 400 outboards, could it? After all the trash about the 400's weight and the superiority of inboards, I am shocked. Must have to eat a lot of crow for that, although I would agree if your choice is outboards.

I think that RGR boat, which seems to be a great design, is either a 30 or 32' boat and fairly wide. It seems almost impossible, w/o being a purpose race boat, to achieve a sub 4000 lb weight, rigged and with only 20 gallons of fuel. Do you have picture of this boat on the scales? If it is really that light, surely someone must have a pic. I believe the 308 skaters, MTI 32, DW 32, all weighed around 5800.

Your buddies hull would have to be under 2000 to have a rigged weight of under 4000. As a general rule, you can generally double the bare hull, deck, bulkheads and tanks weights as an approximation of rigged weight with a splash of fuel. Maybe this is some special boat with no windshield, one racing seat, no carpet, and a 6 gallon portable outboard tank.
    Conmax, My 28 Skater w/ 300SX's weighs 3949 lbs. full of oil w/ no gas and yes, carpet and back seat! ...as a "general rule"....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My 28ss Nordic twin 400r weighs 5940. Full interior stereo 20gallons of fuel
    [SIGPIC]

2010 STV RR 300xs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Nordic is the fastest 28ss I have seen on the forums. What is even more amazing is the speed relative to the weight. BTW, how does this mod v hull compare with the non center pods boats you have owned?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your Nordic is the fastest 28ss I have seen on the forums. What is even more amazing is the speed relative to the weight. BTW, how does this mod v hull compare with the non center pods boats you have owned?
    That's always a touchy question to answer. My personal preference. I love having a center pod. I know many people disagree and for the different water conditions I agree a non-center pod boat is better if you want to run 80 mph plus all the time in rough water. I boat in various different conditions. So when I go rough water I jump in the big fountain. In the ocean. For lakes, I love having the center pod , the Nordic can run virtually at any speed anytime no purpose. There are times when going 100+ just isn't practical or possible. So to answer your question they're both awesome. Just depends on your mission.
    [SIGPIC]

2010 STV RR 300xs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a complete idiot........
    And you are an emotional hot head. No amount of money would be worth risking my life driving next to you in a race. If you were starting to lose, you would likely crash into the other boat like you have done in the past. All this name dropping, committing other people's boats, and pure speculation diminishes any credibility you may have had.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast