Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BUZZIN' DOZEN View Post
    I was at the first Lorreta's 82? I think? crashed and went on to Ponca city(or vice versa)
    I'll have to get a pic of my NMA trophy.
    Unfortunately I was there when Bruce Bunch, Rick Hemme and Kyle Fleming were killed.
    Me too. I started in 83' and my brother raced there for the first time in 85' on the first white yamaha. He was the youngest 80 class rider to hit the gate. I have lost a lot of friends doing all of this stuff but everyone was doing what they loved. The streetbike ones are the worst when its not the operators fault "hard to accept".

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And the "Red Bikini"? Much better Daisy Mae cut offs, no top, on a RED Switzer, out all night just back house more "cocktails" mixed, and back out and toss a hook, crash out and get a tan!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Switzer Maureen.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	366084

And as had 10 week vacation work every five years (and 4 weeks yearly with time my bike road trips) flew out her see my Sis. Ferry ride to Victoria, BC. And ANYBODY from Illinois knows T shirt.."Sante Fe Raceway! (Sad condos now)

Name:	Mo 2.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	366085

Road trip to Mt Rainier.......

Name:	Mo 1.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	366086
    Last edited by Robby321; 01-30-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff ward

Quote Originally Posted by jperog View Post
    the kawasaki rider was jeff ward. He and ricky johnson made the show back then.

Joe
    HA....SCOTT WARD WAS A GUY I RACED WITH BACK IN THE DAY......BRAIN FART.
    JEFF WARD .... WAS THE GUY TO BEAT....HE WAS THE ONE TO MEASURE UP TO ....AND IF YOU DID U WERE SOMEBODY.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wake up to the view of mineola bay every mornin. Im on the s.e corner up 200' on the hill
    wish ole pete would bring back the ice racing on the bay!
    We may have a little get together and run some bikes here soon!
    Ill get some video!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERRUMMER 70 View Post
    I wake up to the view of mineola bay every mornin. Im on the s.e corner up 200' on the hill
    Ill get some video!
    Are they still running over at Sunset? This is one of the few things that I miss about living in Michigan. Just when the yamaha rhino came out (pushed snow so much better then the standard quad) I moved to Florida a year later. We had some great days in front of my house with a plowed 3/8 mile track that I maintained (flooded) and cleared with my John Deere tractor/blower and the rhino. I had an 87 KX 500 lowered down but still had full suspension (we used a GPZ short travel Uni-Link) on 19 rims, carlyles, and cold cutters. I also had a 614 (Ron Woods built) Rotax in a Knight frame with all of the best stuff available at the time (the power that bike made for a single was nuts)-It had a Bird megaphone so the neighbors were never big fans of the noise. I thought that I would run them in the dirt down here (Ocala has a short track that is only an hour from me). I set the bikes up and ran the Rotax in the open class at two events before a guy that we had just become friends with went into the wall in one of our heat races and was paralyzed from the waste down. That ended my desire to run and both bikes were sold. I can still play memories over in my mind of so many great times and ultimate thrills of side by side turns and the repeated pull I experienced when it got straightened back and hooked up-SOOO much fun...

If you're going to live in the cold, you have to play on the ice...

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERRUMMER 70 View Post
    Ill get some video!
    Sure was a lot of fun! If they ever drained the lake bet be a track of lost sheet metal screws foot deep! Raced Lake Marie too. Boring times year were summer over and waiting for the ice and snow, then ice melts and wait to get back in the boats!

7. Likes RIVERRUMMER 70 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    Me too. I started in 83' and my brother raced there for the first time in 85' on the first white yamaha. He was the youngest 80 class rider to hit the gate. I have lost a lot of friends doing all of this stuff but everyone was doing what they loved. The streetbike ones are the worst when its not the operators fault "hard to accept".

Joe
    Yep. Lost a few (surprisingly not that many as I knew/known so many over the years, but were best friends. All still young, all left turn cage got'em. But 2 were on the Kaw 750 "Widow Maker" and I knew them well, and bet some there fault as it was hard to pilot that thing on 2 wheels as so much fun on one. Wrong place, wrong time. RIP guys, miss ya...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are they still running over at Sunset? This is one of the few things that I miss about living in Michigan. Just when the yamaha rhino came out (pushed snow so much better then the standard quad) I moved to Florida a year later. We had some great days in front of my house with a plowed 3/8 mile track that I maintained (flooded) and cleared with my John Deere tractor/blower and the rhino. I had an 87 KX 500 lowered down but still had full suspension (we used a GPZ short travel Uni-Link) on 19 rims, carlyles, and cold cutters. I also had a 614 (Ron Woods built) Rotax in a Knight frame with all of the best stuff available at the time (the power that bike made for a single was nuts)-It had a Bird megaphone so the neighbors were never big fans of the noise. I thought that I would run them in the dirt down here (Ocala has a short track that is only an hour from me). I set the bikes up and ran the Rotax in the open class at two events before a guy that we had just become friends with went into the wall in one of our heat races and was paralyzed from the waste down. That ended my desire to run and both bikes were sold. I can still play memories over in my mind of so many great times and ultimate thrills of side by side turns and the repeated pull I experienced when it got straightened back and hooked up-SOOO much fun...

If you're going to live in the cold, you have to play on the ice...

Joe
    Ya nailed it! No pun intended!

10. Thanks JPEROG thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    my new 500 should be here Wednesday, ill post pics unloading it!
    SEEBOLD CHAMPBOAT MERCURY S3000

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Name:	Garage bikes.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	406.7 KB 
ID:	366477Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rotax 1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	345.1 KB 
ID:	366478Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rotax 2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	365.9 KB 
ID:	366479Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KX1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	403.7 KB 
ID:	366480
    Fun stuff Robbie...

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Name:	Garage bikes.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	406.7 KB 
ID:	366477Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rotax 1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	345.1 KB 
ID:	366478Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rotax 2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	365.9 KB 
ID:	366479Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KX1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	403.7 KB 
ID:	366480
    Fun stuff Robbie...

Joe
    Second third pix is a MONSTER! I remember too damn well them days! Then think 70's, Class C flat trackers at Sante Fe, short track, 1/2 mile as the "TT's, jumps middle" and all the greats on Iron head 750 HD "Twingles" The BEST! Loved dirt me pointing front wheel right to go left!
    The old days with the up and coming (from Michigan too, Springer, Carr, way more). ATTACKED THAT RACK! The best and fearless! Never missed the Wednesday nite MC races!

Its been town down long now for condos, as this guy was the dude that "sponsored" the Ice racing Mineola. Lotta crazy kids fun us back there, and ZERO REGRETS life me! His Vid..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One freya Santa Fe. The GIRLS friends mine racing "Powder Puff Derby's" My long time Mini bike friend days long ago kinda grew up, went large setup wife now long time Susy a ride to "go play" that "Clay track" The ONLY time I had my name on side a race car, as all those known were simple fun loving idiots! But solid friends at Sante Fe, and on the side ride name in fame. And Susy can STILL out ride me a dirt bike!

Pix house puter..so later this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Back house...got another pic that , just can't find it now..

Name:	sue.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	366492

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Back house...got another pic that , just can't find it now..

Name:	sue.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	366492

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby321 View Post
    Second third pix is a MONSTER! I remember too damn well them days! Then think 70's, Class C flat trackers at Sante Fe, short track, 1/2 mile as the "TT's, jumps middle" and all the greats on Iron head 750 HD "Twingles" The BEST! Loved dirt me pointing front wheel right to go left!
    The old days with the up and coming (from Michigan too, Springer, Carr, way more). ATTACKED THAT RACK! The best and fearless! Never missed the Wednesday nite MC races!

Its been town down long now for condos, as this guy was the dude that "sponsored" the Ice racing Mineola. Lotta crazy kids fun us back there, and ZERO REGRETS life me! His Vid..

Chris Carr showed up one day at Houghton Lake and showed just how fast we WEREN'T. I was going in deeper then usual and he would still lap me every 6. We would do ten lap heat races (usually 6 to 9 riders) and everyone put $50.00 in the pot "winner take all"-this is how I justified spending the money on maintaining that rotax and all of the quick change gearing, extra, shocks, wheels and tires etc. Such good memories-that bike made 86 horsepower and weighed just over 200lbs-It was a weapon. I can remember running on soft ice and my ex-wife taking pictures of me coming out of the turns pulling 3rd gear throwing rooster tails that looked like my skater.

Joe

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast