Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miami Boat show - erecting the tents

One of the many things that saves me from losing my mind during the winter months are the holidays. It’s during Christmas and New Year's dinners in Princeton NJ, when I sit at the table to share the meal and also share the most memorable stories of the year. In almost all cases the stories always end up with boating stories and how much fish were caught. Although by this time the boats have been covered and the motors winterized, my heart skips a beat when I think about the warmth of Miami in February. Not just any warm feeling but the warmth of the sun soaking into my skin and the brightness of the sun is almost blinding. The sound of the outboards screaming in the distance as I stand at the edge of the dock…for a brief moment it is summer again.

The show doesn’t feel real until my brother, who is 3 years senior to me, asks “when is the boat show this year”. I would almost instinctively respond by saying that it was always around President’s Day. Then my mind would wonder about how much work it is to actually pull off a grand show such as the Miami Show. A number of men with large cranes lowering the steel cables then picking up the boats one by one with little effort as the trailers line up like a train with their most valuable load inching forward to be the next one in line.

The tents covering the many indoor exhibits is also a work of wonder. The tent when viewed from the ground level is almost never ending with a ceiling so tall it makes one forget that this structure is a temporary structure and is secured by weights and cables and suspended steel frames with bolts. The show tent is a modern marvel. I was lucky enough to have spoken to a Miss Christine S. of Vine Communications to try and get a feel of how the setup of the show was progressing. Christine was kind enough to send us pics of the show area. The empty spaces has actually been filled with tent frames. And on the water, the docks are slowly getting aligned like a big jigsaw puzzle with work boats pulling each dock at right angles to the previous one. I will update with newer pics as the progress continues to rebuild our Miami Boat show.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post