Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First guy to show up with a PROPERLY SET UP 225 lb bare hull, outboard hydro, no capsule, 12" mid, #4 speedmaster, rudder and with 400 hp of motor and probably won't need NOS, but for just the sake of this conversation has a mild 100 hp shot on it. You will never beat him unless you have the same thing.

Jon and I ran many stretched out passes in our Pugh Hydros with no NOS with only 350 to 400 hp, with capsules in them and ran over 140 in a 1/2 to 3/4 mile. They are pretty easy to drive when you take the time getting them to the big speed, it was pounding on them to do it in a 1/4 mile like any boat is what makes the tougher to drive. So any one who wants to take one that has no capsule and no reason to live, he will be the fastest.

I think I would change this topic to who has the fastest lake boat, because you will never beat a hydro that is set up right and has the RIGHT WATER CONDITIONS (DEAD CALM) in any tunnel or vee. Believe me, there are about a dozen out there that can do this.

2. Likes Kcraft, whipper liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RBT View Post
    I used to own the 151 boat, it is a 600 something pounds
    don't recall the year. At the rumble one of my
    boats ran 125 with 4 seats on pump gas lake ridden every weekend. Instigator will know
    what year. It wasn't good conditions either. Problem I see now it hp and props are better than the hulls
    There u go perfect example. Back then you were probably one of 2 or 3 that regularly could run that fast in that class. Im not doubting you. It just seems like these days every event I go to there's 5-10 120+mph river boats.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bolt a strong 300 to an STV and be somewhat close on set up and you are at 120. It just takes you a while to get there with a heavier boat. Look at Brent with bone stock 300X motors on the LCB (115 sport deck, 120 fishin boat, and now mid 30s with the Mod VP). We have much more efficient propulsion in todays world.

Joe

5. Likes baja200merk liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baja200merk View Post
    There u go perfect example. Back then you were probably one of 2 or 3 that regularly could run that fast in that class. Im not doubting you. It just seems like these days every event I go to there's 5-10 120+mph river boats.
    I agree, Today I really don't think much of hearing about a 120 mph river rocket. Now crack into the 130's and you have something kinda special. 135+ now that's cool/brave
    2023 TUFF 25

7. Likes baja200merk liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If twin outboards were allowed i would definitely like to see this one stretch it's legs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6592_zpsb10ca624.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or if Tommy put anything bigger than a 26P prop on his boats
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J Giesler View Post
    If twin outboards were allowed i would definitely like to see this one stretch it's legs

10. Likes Michael J Giesler liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Each year Shootouts are held for boats of different sizes and power. There are ones for the boats 21 foot and up, but not many for the boats 20 foot and under. I would throw money at an event with different classes like what LOTO does. You might want to make the course a little smaller. Stretching some of these boats a mile would provide a lot of good youtube "And They Walked Away" videos. Maybe 1/2 or 3/4 mile. Just a thought. I would rather see who is the fastest, than talking about who is the fastest. Just so there is no confusion, I am not claiming to be the fastest, my lake boat runs 120, so I know I am not the fastest.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screaming Eagle Boats View Post
    Each year Shootouts are held for boats of different sizes and power. There are ones for the boats 21 foot and up, but not many for the boats 20 foot and under. I would throw money at an event with different classes like what LOTO does. You might want to make the course a little smaller. Stretching some of these boats a mile would provide a lot of good youtube "And They Walked Away" videos. Maybe 1/2 or 3/4 mile. Just a thought. I would rather see who is the fastest, than talking about who is the fastest. Just so there is no confusion, I am not claiming to be the fastest, my lake boat runs 120, so I know I am not the fastest.
    Todd,

You don't want that liability. Mark is still having nightmares 20 years later from his poker run lawsuits. The world we live in today is not what we hoped it would be-its not the participants that you need to worry about, its the surviving family members and their attorneys that have nothing to lose.

Joe

13. Likes Michael J Giesler liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    Todd,

You don't want that liability. Mark is still having nightmares 20 years later from his poker run lawsuits. The world we live in today is not what we hoped it would be-its not the participants that you need to worry about, its the surviving family members and their attorneys that have nothing to lose.

Joe
    When I say "throw in money" I mean a few bucks for food, music, the good time end of it. My name will not be on any events like this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    Todd,

Joe
    Hey Joe,

You've got to also worry about the participants of the poker runs - I was sued for several million by a passenger in the boat that ran my boat over after it was already upside down in the accident I had at the 2006 Big Cat Run. The suit was dropped very quickly after I hired a Proctor in Admiralty attorney in San Francisco. I haven't entered a poker run since (other than as a passenger) - everybody has $$$ signs in their eyes when things go wrong at one of these events. Poor Todd is putting his financial well-being on the line already just building these high performance boats. Ask Pete how many times he's been sued. I applaud all the guys that build the toys we enjoy so much - I'll stick to being a lowly contractor any day over going into the business of building high performance boats.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I say "throw in money" I mean a few bucks for food, music, the good time end of it. My name will not be on any events like this.
    I wouldn't even throw $$$ in for food/beverage/entertainment if I were you Todd. Seriously, the frickin' lawyers/courts today would somehow construe that as being a sponsor of the event, and allow a lawsuit to be brought forth against you if somebody went that direction. You would have no problems attending the event, but I wouldn't go any further than that if I were you. Just keep up the good work building fast boats for everyone!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
    I wouldn't even throw $$$ in for food/beverage/entertainment if I were you Todd. Seriously, the frickin' lawyers/courts today would somehow construe that as being a sponsor of the event, and allow a lawsuit to be brought forth against you if somebody went that direction. You would have no problems attending the event, but I wouldn't go any further than that if I were you. Just keep up the good work building fast boats for everyone!
    Very true.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Stretching some of these boats a mile would provide a lot of good youtube "And They Walked Away" videos. Maybe 1/2 or 3/4 mile. Just a thought. I would rather see who is the fastest, than talking about who is the fastest. Just so there is no confusion, I am not claiming to be the fastest, my lake boat runs 120, so I know I am not the fastest.
    1/2-3/4 mile? Most of the YouTube stuff is rolling into it from an 80mph cruise wide open for 30-90 seconds. 80-120mph most lake boats need more room then 1/2 mile when your covering ground that fast.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michael Dixon. 151 mph
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)