Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy View Post
    4 blade? Bravo xs with dual vent holes?
    yes,they are a 4 blade, doesn't need the vent holes on a 2.5(bravo 1), 250 3 liter may like those holes a bit better
    Last edited by Varmint; 11-10-2016 at 06:07 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy View Post
    What did it ran with the 28? Did you try other props? Would be cool to know what prop to buy or more important which not to buy!

Thx
    most mod vp hulls I have owned, really respond well to an srx or mazco re4 (4 blade chopper)I'm getting ready to bring one of mine into the shop for the winter. most of the foam is removed,gonna' redo the knees and stringers,
    Last edited by Varmint; 11-10-2016 at 06:14 AM.

3. Likes David - WI, dusty69camaro liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been busy the last couple years,and it took me awhile to get the paperwork registered with the gov't., but they just issued my registration,so I'm not afraid to proceed with cleaning, and rigging her up.

5. Likes David - WI, dusty69camaro liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the boat was stolen back in the 90's and recovered by local police with no motor,after that it was just flipped around without anybody registering it,I had a bit of a paperwork trail,but took some work, to finally get it into my name,so it has just sat in back of the shop for a couple years.I just got the paperwork monday,so that journey is over, I'm building a cradle for it this wknd.,so I can forklift it from the trailer, and get it into the shop,and sandblast and re carpet the bunks etc. I bought a 225 promax powerhead last week,and it is in the machine shop,I have the rest of the rigging& interior,except front seats.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varmint View Post
    I'm building a cradle for it this wknd.,so I can forklift it from the trailer, and get it into the shop,and sandblast and re carpet the bunks etc. I bought a 225 promax powerhead last week,and it is in the machine shop,I have the rest of the rigging& interior,except front seats.
    i'd love to see the image of the cradle or how it works. how long are your forks? I have a heavy forklift but not sure how to attack it...

wow, your boat looks like it has a much healthier finish than mine!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No the promax is mercury's user friendly , steel bored, fishin' motor on steroids.needs no special attention to rings and nicasil linings. Needs good hi test gas and good oil to live a long life. If you keep it around 64-6800 rpm, service the injectors regularly, it is a very reliable unit.it's your best bet for an ae21 family/recreational boat. Like jupiter pulsare said, his ran 80 with a 200, so if you're really on a budget , you cant beat a strong 2.5 200 either for fun cruisin. You have all winter to find a good motor, just keep asking questions before you lay your cash down. Alot of very helpful , knowledgeable guys on here.
    so what would "end of life" be on the promax or opti in hours? (when shopping, is 500 hrs just way too much or...?)

and alas, i think you guys broke me, i need to slow down figuratively and literally. I think i can listen to your voice of reason now and try to have some fun with this instead of trying to build a time bomb death trap yesterday...

i might even relax enough if a motor doesn't come my way and run it dirty for a bit and put a 2.5 200 on it as is with just the jack plate and start from the beginning and see what it does for fun. then see what each step does, lighten up the sponsons, see what it does, then offset bracket, see what it does, then...... getting the feeling of the boat and this environment, learning along the way. who knows. i'm going to try and relax a bit though...

are the opti's just to heavy and out of the question for this boat or a good option for 80mph?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the opti's aren't too heavy,I just prefer the simplicity of a 2.4 or 2.5,but will take some setback experimenting,jaques is in the mid 90's with a 3.0 225 carb,on his hst. I have a 250xs but I am selling it and building a 225 promax for mine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dusty69camaro View Post
    so what would "end of life" be on the promax or opti in hours? (when shopping, is 500 hrs just way too much or...?)

and alas, i think you guys broke me, i need to slow down figuratively and literally. I think i can listen to your voice of reason now and try to have some fun with this instead of trying to build a time bomb death trap yesterday...

i might even relax enough if a motor doesn't come my way and run it dirty for a bit and put a 2.5 200 on it as is with just the jack plate and start from the beginning and see what it does for fun. then see what each step does, lighten up the sponsons, see what it does, then offset bracket, see what it does, then...... getting the feeling of the boat and this environment, learning along the way. who knows. i'm going to try and relax a bit though...

are the opti's just to heavy and out of the question for this boat or a good option for 80mph?
    @500 hours,I would be looking at the roundness of the bores,and likely honing it and new rings/bearings, also the injectors would need servicing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the opti's aren't too heavy,I just prefer the simplicity of a 2.4 or 2.5,but will take some setback experimenting,jaques is in the mid 90's with a 3.0 225 carb,on his hst. I have a 250xs but I am selling it and building a 225 promax for mine.
    so jaques is a 225 opti? and it required a lot of set back experimenting? am i understanding right? sorry...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's not an opti,a rebuilt early 3 liter carb,yes,he played with setback for awhile

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6