Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small dry shots (75-100) have been done by a few with some success, I was gonna pull some timing and fatten it up for the dry shot but I have everything to run wet so I'll prolly do that. Smarter anyway.

185-200lbs of compression and a 200 shot max, will start with a 100 and pill it up from there as it takes it/tune works.

Gotta put the motor together and break it in, will be a few weeks before we start hitting the button.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I ran a Nitrox system for quite awhile with no issues, but why reinven........ meh nevermind. :P

3. Likes WillySteve liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Insane-o View Post
    I ran a Nitrox system for quite awhile with no issues, but why reinven........ meh nevermind. :P
    Because I have a mountain of nitrous stuff in the garage from my car racing days and I like to mess with stuff.

5. Likes WillySteve liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW....How did NitroMethane get into the equation????\
    I thought we were talking about Dry Shot N2o!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillySteve View Post
    BTW....How did NitroMethane get into the equation????\
    I thought we were talking about Dry Shot N2o!
    Thats the way this site works!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
    Because I have a mountain of nitrous stuff in the garage from my car racing days and I like to mess with stuff.
    I see you're in Houston......I imagine you know Marty Alexie and Jason Smouse. They both have some experience with nitrous so they could probably give you some solid advice if you ask. Marty ran it for a couple of years with E85 and never blew anything up that I can recall. Jason had a little fun with it too and I don't think he suffered any casualties.

9. Likes texasvector liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StratosVT View Post
    I see you're in Houston......I imagine you know Marty Alexie and Jason Smouse. They both have some experience with nitrous so they could probably give you some solid advice if you ask. Marty ran it for a couple of years with E85 and never blew anything up that I can recall. Jason had a little fun with it too and I don't think he suffered any casualties.
    Yes I'm friends with both of them. I've talked to them before about nitrous.

Both of them ran it with a horn motor not laser injection though. They had a nozzle in the horn iirc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Back when Jeff King's group at Holley when on a big country wide buy up of everything they could get their hands on , Mike Thermos NOS was purchased and moved from California to Bowling Green . They were phasing out the A nozzle (black with brass hardware) and going to the B or Fogger2 (black with chrome hardware) . Thermos developed the B for a tight plumbe which worked good on small diameter / long ports or intake tract tubes . It was really the first nozzle where both the fuel and nitrous joined inside the body . Something got lost in translation durring the move . Some nozzles had so much glue they blocked holes , others had none , while others were assembled without the straw going in it's seat and bending / kinking . I made a little jig , but you could hold your fingers around the exit and shoot brake clean down one hole , if it came back out the other , the nozzle had problems . For that reason , to this day I don't trust them . There was a trend started by Gene Fulton where he machined the bottom off and called them "snips" which led to Holley coming out with the R nozzle . And even though they are still marked with the fuel going thru the center straw , most people put the nitrous thru the center and let the vacuum it creates pull the fuel out of the nozzle ...

One in the horn opening is like shooting an arrow straight up in the air , never really know where it's gonna land .

If I were going to run long spray bars , I would feed them from both ends the way they do the Otzel and Punisher systems . Feeding a tube from one end you will find that it will tend to follow the path of least resistance and run past the exit holes in favor of seeking the end of the tube and stacking up until enough pressure is built up to start exiting the spray holes . The highest flow will also tend to continue favoring the holes closest to the end of the tube. Some say that nitrous will pulse between the last hole and the end of the tube . My testing equipment was not finite enough , but on hidden bar system's I built I would always plug the tube just shy of the last hole.

Nitro ... ?
    Chaz = thinking that Fong wants to throw in a set of glow plugs , adjust his needle valve to 22,000 rpm , have a crane drop his HydroStream in the water and run till the tank is empty .... then have someone cast a line from a fishin pole with a tennis ball tied to the end into the boat and reel him back to shore ...

I never used it , but my thought was / is to lob a charge from one nozzle twords each pair of cyls and let them take a sip as they saw fit . Like I said , the hardware placement is key to finding a balance between even distribution and effectiveness ...

12. Likes WillySteve, Slimm liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be worried on that plenum set-up that one side of the motor would draw more and the other bank less?

It is a clean looking install though

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im interested in this as well, got a motor we're going to trynto spray this winter

Modded Hydrostream Vking
    Hydrostream Vking
    Hydrostream Viper
    Sold, Hydrostream Vector, Allison xb2002

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
    I would be worried on that plenum set-up that one side of the motor would draw more and the other bank less?

It is a clean looking install though
    I can assure you that when 1000psi of atomized fuel blows into the plenum all cyls will get what they need!

16. Likes texasvector liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Air can and does some pretty strange things at times . And it will take a zig when you expect it to zag .
    Just as a refresher though , these 3.0L's have three pair of two cyl's tied together . With a pretty good space between the sets .

Each nozzle points at the center divider . I did bench fire it with no reed blocks in place , not because I was worried about an even split , but more twords seeing what it would do to the injector charge entering the air stream just below.

Speaking of "banking" , when we ran the Outlaw 632 car in X275 , I tried banking, it works pretty good . It seems crazy but we turn the Left side if the first stage on when the trans brake released . 3 tenth's in the R side . 2 tenths more the L of the second gun , 1 tenth later R side and 2 tenths after that both side of the 3rd system came on . If it tried to rattle the tires , I'd prolong the third stage a tenth or two . I was always afraid it was going to break the crank ,but it never even marked a bearing ..

18. Likes WillySteve liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said self..."Let it soak in...."
    81' HYDROSTREAM VECTOR / slightly Modified 200
    before and after:http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...inished!/page3

20. Likes WillySteve, Slimm liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool stuff Chad, I played alot myself with a drag car back in the 70-80's as well as outboards!!!!

My old 521" Ford Hemi engine had 8-.035 N2o jets and 8-.037 Fuel jets at 6psi, direct port under 2-7320 Holley 1150's!
    The carbs had .090's in all 4 corners.
    It's hard to imagine the fuel being used by 8-pulsating .090 carb jets and 8-.037's at 6 lb. constant flow!
    At most tracks my timer kicked the system on at 40 feet and ran throughout the run!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOSSb.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	356491
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOSS-07.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	356492
    BTW, those are 90 degree nozzles with N2o on top!
    Last edited by WillySteve; 09-29-2016 at 04:09 PM.

22. Likes Slimm liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by texasvector View Post
    I said self..."Let it soak in...."
    LOL ... texvec , Ohhh brother it's gotten much worse than that ..

After tons of piston being sacrificed to the aluminum gods they finally figured out it was the fuel causing the meltdowns. Make's sense , since it's the source of heat . The mindset was like many two stroke tuners, make it fat to keep it safe . The problem arises when people start adding timing as a way to burn the excess fuel . Detonation is lurking right around the corner from that .
    When NOS came to market , they had no idea what people where going to put their kit on , so they sold them with extremely rich jetting . If you were going to use that little T that came in the kit and splice it in between the stock mechanical pump and the Quadrajet on granny's station wagon it would survive the fuel pressure slump . But try to run those tune ups with todays 500 gallon pumps and it would run faster off the bottle than on .
    I had single stage stuff like Willie has , and it ran good . As time went on we started putting a second stage on and it would slow down again . And we hurt a lot of parts till we started stripping fuel and timing away. On the 706 ci big chief I had in my dragster I was 36N / 30F on the first and 32N / 24F on the second . I was scared to death , but when I went to that deal , it never hurt a piston again .
    Fast forward twenty years and you get .....

Holley Dominator's that were cut in half became the rage ( called splits ) then they just made four two barrels that sit directly over their perspective pair of ports . Notice that they also have a four air bleed system on top .
    Since there is now a void between the carbs , it's a good place to put a "fed from each end" spray bar system . If one down the middle is good , two has to be better .. LOL
    Then back to the traditional outside of the runner ( nice billet intake btw ) with a bottom dump nozzle and then one more "soft line" kit up high on the runner . They also like to put a soft line kit on the bottom of the runner between the valley pan and the port for a fifth kit . The black 90* fitting with black soft line going into the plenum under each carb is a fine mist water injection system . On days where the water grains in the air is real low they add a little water to the mix to keep it from detonating . Mad scientist stuff for sure .

24. Likes WillySteve, texasvector liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast