Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious, when there is a big snow fall is it a free for-all as to running any where you want or do cops give tickets like they do down here on quads and dirt bikes. Dave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David - WI View Post
    To be fair, boating might be 2nd... snowmobile trails literally run from bar-to-bar with an occasional "spur" heading of to a gas station.

I remember a few of the crashes along the way/ lot of us 16 and 17years old bar hopping , drinking age was 18 back in the 60s and early 70s dam kids...

Chit happens no need for more regs
    We have invented the world; WE see

3. Likes Magcat 62 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its all about education

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    its all about education
    Its all about personal responsibility and that is something that seems to erode with every new generation.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

6. Thanks TooStroked thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The not smacked generation has now inbuilt into their brains that there are no limits and you cant do anything to me.
    Parents, teachers and the police have lost authority.
    I went to an expensive private school in oz and i think half the parents sent kids there because they dealt out corporal punishment when the government schools couldnt.
    Last edited by powerabout; 03-20-2017 at 10:44 PM.

8. Likes Tomanytoys liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You gotta remember, this guy is a product of Cuba released into America and could not handle the freedom he was gifted. Kind of like giving Mike Tyson 80 Million and he comes up dead broke. I bet if he had stayed in Cuba and jumped through the hoops, he would be famous, sober and alive.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by H2OPERF View Post
    Just curious, when there is a big snow fall is it a free for-all as to running any where you want or do cops give tickets like they do down here on quads and dirt bikes. Dave
    they patrol snow trails,and give alot of tickets,and actively enforce drug and alcohol abuse,around here,as well as the enforcement presense has become more and more evident on our waterways the last few years.

11. Thanks H2OPERF thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have gotten allot of flak on my comments about a CG course of some sort and as i said may or may-not do anything at all, You have to break things like this up into factors. The alcohol/drug factor you can't fix it's never going away.. they tried that in our grand pappys day,so the other factors that you can change like training and environment are your only hope for reducing the occurrences. Everyone said right away they need lights on the jetty rocks, there is a lit red marker just ahead of the rocks only problem he was on the wrong side of it this lined him up for the rocks not the channel..Just trying to say you cant blame everything on alcohol all the time when there may be other factors. No different than when 10 bad accidents happen due to a messed up blind intersection and get no attention but someone gets nailed by a drunk driver and its now the center of attention. Dave
    Last edited by H2OPERF; 03-21-2017 at 08:11 AM.

13. Thanks powerabout thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a bit of education and they might learn that driving a boat at night back towards the shore is fraught with danger

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone said right away they need lights on the jetty rocks, there is a lit red marker just ahead of the rocks only problem he was on the wrong side of it this lined him up for the rocks not the channel..Just trying to say you cant blame everything on alcohol all the time when there may be other factors. Dave

Yeah, BUT......... they had been in and out of Government Cut HUNDREDS of times over the years (should be able to do it blind). It had nothing to do with lights or lack of lights, it was completely due to being coked up and those three bottles of Tequila (and other drinks).

I know south Florida like the back of my hand, I can come across from the Bahamas and be lined up straight to any inlet from Key Largo to Jupiter. I know every dogleg, funny current and every jetty. Supposedly, these guys knew Government cut well. But if you're blasted, good luck navigating a boat anywhere..... heck, a lot of people can't even park a car in their own driveway when drunk. The only factor here (if it were true they knew the area) is drugs and alcohol.

"Red on Right Returning from sea....... Yup he was on the wrong side of that marker for sure even as he was headed southwest and t-boned the rocks. In fact, it appears like he went around the wrong side of the marker on the way out

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	course.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	370176
    Last edited by flabum1017; 03-21-2017 at 05:52 PM.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flabum1017 View Post

"Red on Right Returning from sea....... Yup he was on the wrong side of that marker for sure even as he was headed southwest and t-boned the rocks. In fact, it appears like he went around the wrong side of the marker on the way out

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	course.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	370176
    Looks like he damn near hit it.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Demeanor View Post
    Looks like he damn near hit it.
    Probably would have been better if he did

18. Likes David - WI liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    65 mph in the dark and things happen pretty damn fast. If he would have been going 25 mph do you think everyone would have been killed, or this would have happened at all? It's the hi speed that was the major problem for a judgment impaired driver.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have gotten allot of flak on my comments about a CG course of some sort and as i said may or may-not do anything at all, You have to break things like this up into factors. The alcohol/drug factor you can't fix it's never going away.. they tried that in our grand pappys day,so the other factors that you can change like training and environment are your only hope for reducing the occurrences. Everyone said right away they need lights on the jetty rocks, there is a lit red marker just ahead of the rocks only problem he was on the wrong side of it this lined him up for the rocks not the channel..Just trying to say you cant blame everything on alcohol all the time when there may be other factors. No different than when 10 bad accidents happen due to a messed up blind intersection and get no attention but someone gets nailed by a drunk driver and its now the center of attention. Dave
    Sorry if it sounded like we were jumping all over you. I certainly didn't mean to. But this type of incident gets lots of attention and everybody wants to "do something to make sure it never happens again." I have no problem with people wanted to prevent this type of thing. What I do have an issue with is jumping to conclusions just to "do something." A wise manager once told me, "Never confuse activity with progress." And the point(s) I've tried to make are all intended to make sure some well meaning individuals don't do just that. My main point is that licensing and training have little effect on stupidity - either natural or drug / alcohol induced.

One other way to look at this type of thing is to say it's all part of Mother Nature's process of natural selection. The sad part is that as the weaker / dumber members of the heard select themselves out, sometimes innocent members of the herd are needlessly lost with them. Then again (and in this case), the other two people on the boat should have been smart enough not to go out with somebody in that condition.
    1992 Progression 22
    Mercury Racing 250R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One final point. As my son (now 24) was growing up, there were many things (some like this) that happened and I used them as "teachable moments." One phrase I often used was, "Although they didn't get what they deserved, they got what they asked for." And that was absolutely - and sadly - true in this case.
    1992 Progression 22
    Mercury Racing 250R

22. Likes WillySteve liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast